Around the League: Week 25 (4/4 - 4/10)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Around the League: Week 25 (4/4 - 4/10)

Post by Split T »

Also assuming Jazz don’t blow a double digit 4th Q lead, which we know is no guarantee

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

So they’ve decided to move on and released it to the media, but they’re telling him tomorrow?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:32 pm

So they’ve decided to move on and released it to the media, but they’re telling him tomorrow?
Lol. They’re a mess.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:32 pm

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Classic.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Some classic last-day-of-the-season stat-lines:

Sandro Mamukelashvili (MIL) - 28 pts, 13 rebs, 4 assts
Thanasis Antetokounmpo (MIL) - 27-5-2
Kevin Love (CLE)- 32-10 in 15 minutes (never been done before)
Jalen Green (HOU) - 41 points
John Konchar (MEM) - 17-13-10
Santi Aldama (MEM) - 20-10-4-2
Obi Toppin (NYK) - 42-10-3
Immanuel Quickley (NYK) - 34-12-10
Victor Oladipo (MIA) - 42-10-7
Paul Reed (PHI) - 25-6-2-4 (in honor of Chicago!)
Patrick Williams (CHI) - 35-4-4
Malik Monk (LAL) - 41 points
Austin Reaves (LAL) - 31-16-10 (WTF?)
Klay Thompson (GS) - 41 points

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Lakers really are on the verge of a total organizational collapse. They desperately need someone to steady the culture besides Klutch Sports' lurking shadow because the Klutch organization won't really ever give a shit about the Lakers unless they somehow buyout the Buss family. But Klutch will continue to essentially blackmail the Lakers for as long as LeBron is in LA. Hell, they were doing it for years before LeBron even signed with the Lakers.

I think their best shot is to dump a pile of cash on Nick Nurse's driveway, and by the way, Nick Nurse is represented by Klutch Sports.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Anyone else have NBA bets come due with the season ending? I'll do a little better than even with one still pending.

Won:
+190 Suns to win the Pacific
+100 Blazers under 44.5 wins
-120 Wolves over 35 wins

Lost:
-125 Pacers over 42.5 wins (YIKES)

Pending:
+550 Jordan Poole to win Most Improved (unlikely to win)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:15 am
The Lakers really are on the verge of a total organizational collapse. They desperately need someone to steady the culture besides Klutch Sports' lurking shadow because the Klutch organization won't really ever give a shit about the Lakers unless they somehow buyout the Buss family. But Klutch will continue to essentially blackmail the Lakers for as long as LeBron is in LA. Hell, they were doing it for years before LeBron even signed with the Lakers.

I think their best shot is to dump a pile of cash on Nick Nurse's driveway, and by the way, Nick Nurse is represented by Klutch Sports.
They are certainly in disarray, but, they're still the Lakers. They'll get some ridiculous free agents who just walk in the door, and/or they'll have some teams bend over backwards to give them lopsided trades, or they'll happen to score great lottery position with some upcoming picks. They always find a way back to relevancy somehow. But yeah I think they're in for a few rough years once Lebron decides to move on.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:39 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:15 am

They are certainly in disarray, but, they're still the Lakers. They'll get some ridiculous free agents who just walk in the door, and/or they'll have some teams bend over backwards to give them lopsided trades, or they'll happen to score great lottery position with some upcoming picks. They always find a way back to relevancy somehow. But yeah I think they're in for a few rough years once Lebron decides to move on.
Maybe you're remembering the Lakers from years long past, but that's not been the organization for most of this past decade. Since Kobe's real last season in 2012-13, they've been above .500 only twice in 9 seasons including a four year stretch of 27, 21, 17, and 26 wins. That's Kings/Thunder/Magic territory. There were plenty of years for 'ridiculous free agents' to sign with them but no one went there until LeBron wanted to make a bad Hollywood sequel and have his son play at a prestigious high school basketball factory.

They got absolutely fleeced for Anthony Davis in retrospect. Lakers defenders will point to the title two years ago, but they know deep down that title is less meaningful to a franchise with 17 of them. So without that Mikey Mouse ring, Davis has been a major dud for them and there's very little indication that he cares about his legacy or has what it takes to lead a team.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Anyone else have NBA bets come due with the season ending? I'll do a little better than even with one still pending.

Won:
+190 Suns to win the Pacific
+100 Blazers under 44.5 wins
-120 Wolves over 35 wins

Lost:
-125 Pacers over 42.5 wins (YIKES)

Pending:
+550 Jordan Poole to win Most Improved (unlikely to win)
I just have the big one pending:
+1600 Suns to win NBA Championship
"Be Legendary."