'21-'22 NBA Playoffs Games/Series

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
BKinSJC

Re: '21-'22 NBA Playoffs Games/Series

Post by BKinSJC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:02 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:55 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:45 pm
Bulls are playing tougher than I expected they would. But I don't like how their offense is so dependent on contested jump shots.
That’s always been their offense. Just a series of isos.
Yep. It's their defense that's surprised me in this game. They've been a sieve for a while now, but they physically matched the Bucks in Game 1.
Caruso hadn't looked like himself since his injury. He was back to being a real presence for the Bulls on the defensive end today.

DeRozan has to be better for the Bulls to have any chance at even winning a game or two in that series.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I kept waiting for DeRozan to hit a shot.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I have idea what Donovan Mitchell was doing at the end of the game. Yikes.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Draymond playing fantastic defense on Jokic.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll have to go back and watch the second half of Dallas/Utah because I missed it. It's good to see Dallas get a win and hopefully extend the series to 6 or 7 games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

If Luka comes back before game 5, Dallas is winning that series I think

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:37 pm
If Luka comes back before game 5, Dallas is winning that series I think
It'll be tricky for Luka and the Mavs. Game 4 is on Saturday in that series and that's the earliest I expect he could return.

I don't know if they'd risk it if they're down 3-1 going into Game 5.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I was thinking during the game that if Jalen Brunson is your go to player, you're in trouble but props to him for pulling it off.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Nuggets suck.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:56 pm
I was thinking during the game that if Jalen Brunson is your go to player, you're in trouble but props to him for pulling it off.
I've had an eye on him all season because of his pending free agency. I've always kinda hoped the Suns could lure him in to be Paul's back up and reunite with Mikal. OTOH, Mikal and Cam Payne appear to be close, so who knows how Mikal would feel about that swap.

I think Brunson has secured himself a starting job somewhere at this point if he wants it. I don't think he gets a team very far in the playoffs as the best guard on a team, but I expect his next deal to pay him like FVV or Terry Rozier and that's too much for a sixth man.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Embiid and Jokic got entirely different whistles today.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Nuggets just aren’t good. They had a good regular season but this team just isn’t built for the playoffs without Murray and Porter. Not sure if they beat any of the playoff west teams in a 7 game series. Probably the Pelicans but everyone else is sweep or a 5 game series.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
I've had an eye on him all season because of his pending free agency. I've always kinda hoped the Suns could lure him in to be Paul's back up and reunite with Mikal. OTOH, Mikal and Cam Payne appear to be close, so who knows how Mikal would feel about that swap.

I think Brunson has secured himself a starting job somewhere at this point if he wants it. I don't think he gets a team very far in the playoffs as the best guard on a team, but I expect his next deal to pay him like FVV or Terry Rozier and that's too much for a sixth man.
There's a lot of smoke linking him to the Knicks.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nuggets aren’t good, but I agree Jokic got a terrible whistle. Refs are letting the warriors mug him constantly.

I keep reminding myself we did this to Denver last year too because the warriors look scary.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Denver's now lost six straight playoff games, and most of them haven't been close.

I know Jokic has been operating for over a year now without some of his most important costars, and that the MVP award is designated as a regular season award, but I still think it looks kind of bad for the guy who's going to be back-to-back Most Valuable Player of the league to have his team flame out so badly thus far.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:38 pm
Nuggets aren’t good, but I agree Jokic got a terrible whistle. Refs are letting the warriors mug him constantly.

I keep reminding myself we did this to Denver last year too because the warriors look scary.
I just hate that Book plays like dog shit against them for the last 3 years or some stupid shit like that. We are not winning that series if that’s how he plays for the majority of the series. Seems like a “no shit” thing to say but the Warriors are the only team that I’ve seen get in his head on such a consistent basis. I both can’t wait and absolutely dread that upcoming series.

Split T

Post by Split T »

BKinSJC wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:49 pm
Denver's now lost six straight playoff games, and most of them haven't been close.

I know Jokic has been operating for over a year now without some of his most important costars, and that the MVP award is designated as a regular season award, but I still think it looks kind of bad for the guy who's going to be back-to-back Most Valuable Player of the league to have his team flame out so badly thus far.
Ya this was why I didn’t like Jokic as mvp, I know it’s a regular season award, but I wish we considered the playoffs more. Game changes in the playoffs and teams scheme better. The better talents stand out and Jokic has not stood out in the playoffs. He’s gonna get swept for the 2nd year in a row and I can gaurantee he won’t win the mvp next year…

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:38 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:09 pm
Superbone wrote:

There's a lot of smoke linking him to the Knicks.
Yeah, I remember that from early in the season. Seems like every free agent is connected to the Knicks at some point.

If they sign Brunson, I think they should play RJ next to him with a bigger defensive wing at the 3.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »