'21-'22 NBA Playoffs Games/Series

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: '21-'22 NBA Playoffs Games/Series

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:15 pm
No messages about the Warriors' win tonight. Pretty big stomping of the Celtics to even the series at 1-1. Warriors needed this game or else it would have been almost impossible to win the series. Was one of those nights where it felt like every Steph or Poole shot was going in; they are hard to beat when they get into that kind of groove.
We leave that to the Warriors' fans on this board.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:19 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:15 pm
No messages about the Warriors' win tonight. Pretty big stomping of the Celtics to even the series at 1-1. Warriors needed this game or else it would have been almost impossible to win the series. Was one of those nights where it felt like every Steph or Poole shot was going in; they are hard to beat when they get into that kind of groove.
We leave that to the Warriors' fans on this board.
Mori loves that groove

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I have a ...Steph Currection!! Eh sauce?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:27 pm
I have a ...Steph Currection!! Eh sauce?
You get a real Stephy any time you see him

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I wish our players could get away with this BS:

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Game 4 has been great. I don't know how anyone can call themselves a basketball fan if they don't appreciate Steph Curry.

The Celtics also capitulated in the last 3 minutes. Every possession ended in a 3-pointer for Smart or Horford, which is not ideal at all.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:20 pm
Game 4 has been great. I don't know how anyone can call themselves a basketball fan if they don't appreciate Steph Curry.

The Celtics also capitulated in the last 3 minutes. Every possession ended in a 3-pointer for Smart or Horford, which is not ideal at all.
It's a really interesting Finals. Both teams are flawed and have great strengths and weaknesses. It seems like the Warriors have the best player in the series, Steph, but after that the Celtics arguably have the 2nd - 5th best players in the series. So who wins in such a matchup? It feels like the Celtics are the more talented team right now, but then if Curry and 1-2 other Warriors get hot, they are almost unstoppable. I genuinely have no idea who will win. The Warriors have to feel good going back home getting the split in Boston. If they can go up 3-2 after Game 5 on Monday, that would give them a huge chance of pulling this off. I want to see them win for the sake of Curry's legacy and place in basketball history.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:57 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:20 pm

It's a really interesting Finals. Both teams are flawed and have great strengths and weaknesses. It seems :P :P like the Warriors have the best player in the series, Steph, but after that the Celtics arguably have the 2nd - 5th best players in the series. So who wins in such a matchup? It feels like the Celtics are the more talented team right now, but then if Curry and 1-2 other Warriors get hot, they are almost unstoppable. I genuinely have no idea who will win. The Warriors have to feel good going back home getting the split in Boston. If they can go up 3-2 after Game 5 on Monday, that would give them a huge chance of pulling this off. I want to see them win for the sake of Curry's legacy and place in basketball history.
Of course you do lol

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:16 am
Of course you do lol
My Stephy hasn't gone down yet!!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

What a great couple of games in a row for Andrew Wiggins. If I were a Warriors fan I'd be a little worried about Klay pressing too much in the next game, Game 6 Klay and all that stuff.. He's been much better when he's worked as the third guy off of Curry and Wiggins.

The Warriors deserved the win because Wiggins was the best guy on the court, but it shouldn't be overlooked at the poor whistle the Celtics received. They were great in the third quarter but a couple of missed layups and turnovers were compounded by some bad calls around the same time.

Similar to pretty much every Finals series ever, this is being decided by the 6-feet around the rim. Curry, Wiggins, and Brown have been the best at it so far. Tatum has been good at it as well be he can't finish to save his life recently. The only exception is when Curry does his thing. No one else can put together a full game shooting performance like him on these teams right now.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, Wiggins was great last night in Game 5. If you told me that Curry would hit zero 3-pointers, I would bet my house that the Warriors would lose. But here you have it. Feels like they're bound for another title. I actually think they'll close it out in Game 6 in Boston, since they seem to have broken Boston's will and confidence a bit. Tatum in particular doesn't seem like himself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:03 am
Yeah, Wiggins was great last night in Game 5. If you told me that Curry would hit zero 3-pointers, I would bet my house that the Warriors would lose. But here you have it. Feels like they're bound for another title. I actually think they'll close it out in Game 6 in Boston, since they seem to have broken Boston's will and confidence a bit. Tatum in particular doesn't seem like himself.
It was the first time Curry didn't hit a three in a playoff game and he's played a lot of them.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's a pretty crazy streak. Who is likely to ever go that long with no missed 3s?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wiggins has been fantastic for the Warriors this series. Man he would look great as our starting 4.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I'm old enough to remember when everyone called Wiggins a bust of a #1 pick and people said he shouldn't get a max extension and T-Wolves fans wanted to dump him. Be careful what you wish for.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:08 pm
I'm old enough to remember when everyone called Wiggins a bust of a #1 pick and people said he shouldn't get a max extension and T-Wolves fans wanted to dump him. Be careful what you wish for.
Everyone is praising Wiggins and using him as an example of someone that shouldn't have been given the contract he was, and it crushed him, and took years to recover and turn into a decent player as the 4th or 5th option on a great team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Ya Wiggins isn’t a good example for Ayton and he was a bust of a 1st pick. He never was able to be a featured player. He’s finally become an above average player in like year 8. Ayton is better than Wiggins and I wouldn’t want to pay Wiggins 30+ million either. He averaged 17/5/2 on slightly above average shooting. He’s a good defender. He’s somewhere between Cam J and Mikal as a defender and as a shooter. He does add some off the dribble stuff that neither have, so that would be useful.

I think in our current situation he’d be preferred as he could be a legit 3rd option, but if we had a real 3rd creator, I’d rather have Cam or Mikal.

All this to say, I would not be in favor of an Ayton for Wiggins trade. I’d actually rather pay Ayton in that case.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

JeremyG wrote:
Old is when you remember his dad getting kicked out of the league.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

If we're bringing Ayton into this (because why not?), Wiggins has been consistently beating his man off of the dribble and finishing at the rim this series.

Will Ayton ever be able to do that?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:03 pm
If we're bringing Ayton into this (because why not?), Wiggins has been consistently beating his man off of the dribble and finishing at the rim this series.

Will Ayton ever be able to do that?
Will Wiggins ever average 10 rebounds a game? Or shoot 60% in a season? (okay, how about 50%?)

Why are we comparing a 6'7" small forward to a 7' center?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695