Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ New Orleans Pelicans, Sun 4/24/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ New Orleans Pelicans, Sun 4/24/22

Post by Superbone »

Time: 6:30 pm AZ (6:30 pm PT/9:30 pm ET)
Place: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, LA
TV: BSAZ, TNT

Ayton and Paul did their part in Game 3. Now it's time for the rest of the supporting cast to step up and take us home in Game 4. Let's do this! Let's give Book plenty of time to recover.

https://www.nba.com/gamenotes/suns.pdf‬
https://www.nba.com/gamenotes/pelicans.pdf‬

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Re: Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ New Orleans Pelicans, Sun 4/24/22

Post by bajanguy008 »

Oh as 'Bone loves getting these Game Day threads up early I will say this from today

Know the shooting has everyone scratching their heads but I think foul trouble did my boy no favours last night. He's gonna drop like 18-24pts tomorrow though because I don't see Pelicans defensive scheme changing. ✌🏾👍🏾

DA really hurts them in the short roll and the weakside shooters gonna continue to be open when they overhelp.
Last edited by bajanguy008 on Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Re: Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ New Orleans Pelicans, Sun 4/24/22

Post by bajanguy008 »

No breaking news here

Split T

Post by Split T »

FWIW, flex said he thinks Booker would have played tomorrow had we lost

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:01 pm
FWIW, flex said he thinks Booker would have played tomorrow had we lost
Probably a wooden nickel.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I wouldn’t mind us trying Ayton on Ingram when Nance is the other big out there.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:16 pm
I wouldn’t mind us trying Ayton on Ingram when Nance is the other big out there.
I thought about that too..Ingram doesn’t really try to get all the way to the rim all that much. Ayton would contest his shot more than anyone

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

He’s one of the few wings in the league that too long for Mikal. I actually think DA could do a credible job on him, but he has to not bite on Ingram’s fakes.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:18 pm
He’s one of the few wings in the league that too long for Mikal. I actually think DA could do a credible job on him, but he has to not bite on Ingram’s fakes.
Ya..I think I’d just save it for clutch time if Ingram is cooking. Wouldn’t want Ingram to get comfortable with it. But maybe on a few key possessions you put Ayton on him and throw him off.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ayton will again set the tone for the Suns in this game. If he looks like he did in Games 1 and 4, the Suns will have a great chance to win. I think Willie will have the Pels focusing more on knocking the ball away from Ayton on the catch and send some double teams early, which should lead to some open shots for the wings.

It's been a while since the Suns played a complete game. In some ways, they got away with a win in the last one by shooting so poorly and Jaxson Hayes lighting their fire a bit.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Such an important game. If we can win this one, the series is essentially over. If we lose, we're in for a long one. I still think we are the much better team, even without Booker, and I think if our shooting regresses to the mean we should be just fine. If we could just get 1-2 of these guys who are badly slumping to shake it off, like Cam Payne or Cam Johnson or Jae Crowder, we would be in business. Can't expect CP3 and Ayton to save us every game.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The Pels are probably going to do everything they can to keep DA from scoring like he did in Game 3, so our perimeter players are going to have to hit shots. If they double DA or deny him position and he's kicking out to shooters who are missing, we're in trouble again.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:14 am
The Pels are probably going to do everything they can to keep DA from scoring like he did in Game 3, so our perimeter players are going to have to hit shots. If they double DA or deny him position and he's kicking out to shooters who are missing, we're in trouble again.
If that is their tactic hopefully DA will keep the ball high, and not dribble and dribble until someone knocks it away for the steal

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm here doing my deep dive looking for more game related content on the "Bird App". Saw this pop up again after I honestly ignored it the other night but folks are really upset by this and somehow sees it as the #1 Suns being able to get away with stuff.

I even found myself listening to a recap that said Hayes deserved a Flagrant 1 but CP3 did what he always does, running to the refs to complain and they caved to his reaction.

Just thought I would let my fellow fans here know that there are actually people who believe the refs influenced last game
Wow man
Think that's a scheduled Twitter break for me lol 🤦🏾‍♂️

Split T

Post by Split T »

That doesn’t look like much from Book. And the refs didn’t call anything until CP3 said something…doesn’t change the fact that it was a flagrant 2

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Pels fans are trying to make that a thing. The play was blown dead and CJ was going to get a shot up. Book poking him in the back was to keep him from taking that practice shot, which guys do all the time to each other after a whistle. It's mostly gamesmanship IMO, just looked odd this time because Book was on the bench in street clothes doing it.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

It was a poke or tap as opposed to a shove. Also is it any worse than someone trying to dunk the ball after a timeout or whistle and someone blocking or swatting it away? I thought it was funny and no harm.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

So we’re not continuing the recent tradition of a new poster making the game day thread after a win?

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:14 am
If they double Ayton, and our outside shots aren't falling early, we have the skill to drive on those passes and hit the floater. We have basically been practicing for that all year long. Every single one of our starters has a version of a mid-range shot that is very good. Only guy that hasn't shown in a lot is CamJ, but he has shown an ability to get to the rim.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Give me a break. That was a love tap. Pelicans can cry all they want. That's all they've got available to them apparently.

And it's absolutely ridiculous that no ref saw Hayes violently shove Crowder to the ground. Especially the ref standing 2 feet away.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."