Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ New Orleans Pelicans, Sun 4/24/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ New Orleans Pelicans, Sun 4/24/22

Post by Mori Chu »

Should we consider playing two bigs? DA plus either Biyombo or McGee? That would help us match up better with Ingram + Valanciunas.

bajanguy008

Re: Playoffs Round 1, Game 4: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ New Orleans Pelicans, Sun 4/24/22

Post by bajanguy008 »

I can see this cause CP3 would want to prove a point
He did seem to let Jones and Alvarado get to him last game
Still don't know why somebody else just wasn't bringing up the ball more and for sure the Pelicans using that strategy again tonight
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

If the disrespect doesn't light a fire under the Suns' collective asses, they don't deserve to make it out of the first round.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:08 am

I can see this cause CP3 would want to prove a point
He did seem to let Jones and Alvarado get to him last game
Still don't know why somebody else just wasn't bringing up the ball more and for sure the Pelicans using that strategy again tonight
I agree that they should have used someone else to bring up the ball, but in CP3's defense, it didn't matter if he had the ball or not, Avocado was going to try to get under his skin by stopping in his path like a little prick.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I wish we'd experiment more with two-ballhandler and two-big lineups. Try playing CP3 and Payne together, or CP3 and Holiday, so that they can't just take the ball out of Paul's hands / hound him full-court and break our offense. They're clearly just making him work himself ragged and then he can't orchestrate the way he wants to.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Almost every minute of Paul's time from the 2Q on had either Payne or Shamet on the court with him.

And for 2 bigs, McGee is killing us this series. He is hitting his shots (over 95%!!) but giving up more than he is scoring. I don't think playing him with Ayton will help. I mean he can't guard anyone unless they are right at the rim. (BUT I WILL BET A LOT OF MONEY THAT MONTY WILL PLAY DA & JM TOGETHER TONIGHT)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A little lip service from the league office.

But a reminder, this wasn't even called a foul during the game. I can't get the point of saying the Suns lost because of the officiating, but the officiating made it impossible for them to win Game 4.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:58 am
Should we consider playing two bigs? DA plus either Biyombo or McGee? That would help us match up better with Ingram + Valanciunas.
I mentioned that on an earlier post. Suns have to match up. I also think Aaron Holiday needs some burn.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If everyone is going to continue to shoot 20% or lower from 3, what does it matter if you have a couple bigs playing? Maybe your perimeter defense isn't the best, but how good has it been? You at least fix the rebounding problem.

I heard a stat, that when Nance and Jonas played together, together they collected 61% of the available rebounds off of Pelican misses. That's insane.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass