Playoffs Round 1, Game 5: New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns (2-2), Tues 4/26/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Playoffs Round 1, Game 5: New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns (2-2), Tues 4/26/22

Post by Shabazz »

The twin towers look did a really nice job of shrinking the floor on D and forcing the Pels to the outside, where they’re not great. I think it can be effective in spurts, especially against lineups that don’t feature many 3 point shooters. Probably not going to be a factor again if we make it past this round until we get to the finals.

Indy

Re: Playoffs Round 1, Game 5: New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns (2-2), Tues 4/26/22

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:20 am
One thing I noticed last night. We surprised them with the Twin Towers look and it immediately resulted in several turnovers by the Pels. They were completely discombobulated for awhile. It probably won’t surprise them next time though. I liked the concept. Someone mentioned the lack of points by the bigs. I am ok with that of we get more boards. I got tired of seeing a Pel blow past their man like Paul driving to the hoop and draw Ayton on defense. They put up a shot. If they miss Jonas was there competing with Paul for the rebound which isn’t much of a competition. Going with the Twin towers negates that.
That is how I remembered it too. Then I looked at the on/off data today and was surprised. We played 2 bigs for a few minutes to end the 1st and got those 2 TOs and faired well. Then we started the 2nd quarter with it and were a net negative--we pulled the 2nd big and didn't go back to it all game (except for 1 minute of McGee and Bizzy together that looked awful but we got bailed out by Cam Payne hitting a step back 3).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:00 am
This was a heck of a play to save this ball to Javale by Mikal

Yes! That was a fantastic play.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:05 am
it is rare for me to:
  • Be home for a game
  • Get to watch it live
  • Not have to stop for family stuff
  • Have my computer while I watch
I guess when that happens I run my mouth a lot and post every possession. I will try and control myself next time. :P
We love an out of control Indy!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:12 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:09 am
Listening to those Al highlights on his 89th birthday just makes me wish that I am able to just *think* as fast as Al can watch and absorb and describe what is happening in real time while watching such a quick sport.
Yep, what Al is doing is extremely remarkable.

Full game highlights:

What Al is doing at 89 years of age is a marvel. He doesn't miss a beat. The Albert brothers on the other hand made many, many mistakes at a much younger age. Steve when he was doing our broadcasts and Marv on the national level. Both retired now.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:32 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
Listening to those Al highlights on his 89th birthday just makes me wish that I am able to just *think* as fast as Al can watch and absorb and describe what is happening in real time while watching such a quick sport.

Full game highlights:

What Al is doing at 89 years of age is a marvel. He doesn't miss a beat. The Albert brothers on the other hand made many, many mistakes at a much younger age. Steve when he was doing our broadcasts and Marv on the national level. Both retired now.
He says that he listens back to the recordings of every broadcast he does, and if he ever catches the quality of his calls slipping a lot then he will retire.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:27 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:32 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:

Full game highlights:
He says that he listens back to the recordings of every broadcast he does, and if he ever catches the quality of his calls slipping a lot then he will retire.
I hadn't heard that. What a pro!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Who's making the Game 6 thread and what's taking so f'n long?!
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:18 pm
Who's making the Game 6 thread and what's taking so f'n long?!
Right!!