Playoffs Round 1, Game 5: New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns (2-2), Tues 4/26/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Playoffs Round 1, Game 5: New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns (2-2), Tues 4/26/22

Post by Wally_West »

Time: 7:00 pm AZ (7:00 pm PT/10:00 pm ET)
Place: Footprint Center, Phoenix, AZ
TV: TNT

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss

AmareIsGod

Re: Playoffs Round 1, Game 5: New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns (2-2), Tues 4/26/22

Post by AmareIsGod »

We've had some great luck with early threads a day before the game. Let's keep it going!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Re: Playoffs Round 1, Game 5: New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns (2-2), Tues 4/26/22

Post by Superbone »

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

Getting my voice ready for tomorrow in text form. I'd love to see all out effort from the opening tip and a game where we crush their spirit and give them doubt. However, that's asking for a lot. Pels are feeling themselves right now and are peaking at just the right time while we've taken a step back and it feels as if we peaked too early. A big game from the Suns could put us back on the right track but I'll be honest, I'm nervous about this one. Our games seem to be very tight and they match up well with us especially without Book. Other than the Game 1 first half, we've looked vulnerable. I hope to see something different Tuesday night. Let' f'n go!
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:41 pm
LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

Getting my voice ready for tomorrow in text form. I'd love to see all out effort from the opening tip and a game where we crush their spirit and give them doubt. However, that's asking for a lot. Pels are feeling themselves right now and are peaking at just the right time while we've taken a step back and it feels as if we peaked too early. A big game from the Suns could put us back on the right track but I'll be honest, I'm nervous about this one. Our games seem to be very tight and they match up well with us especially without Book. Other than the Game 1 first half, we've looked vulnerable. I hope to see something different Tuesday night. Let' f'n go!
The one simple way we could have that "rout" game is if every shooter starts hitting threes like crazy.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is more about our defense than our offense.

BI is shooting over 50% from the field and from 3, and has taken over 30 FTAs (at 88%).

CJ is shooting 40% from 3 on almost 10 attempts a game.

JV is averaging 7 Oboards each game!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:03 pm

BI is shooting over 50% from the field and from 3, and has taken over 30 FTAs (at 88%).

Their big 2 offensive guys are obviously younger than Book & CP3. CP3 looks like he's starting to show his age every other game. They have some nice pieces around them too, with JVV, Herb Jones, Jaxson Hayes, Larry Nance Jr., Troy Murphy, and who knows if Zion will ever get back into shape. NO has a lot to be excited about for their future.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:08 pm
He needs to stop being reactive, anticipate the adjustment from Willie and make his counter move in advance. I thought it was a great sign in Game 1 when the Suns came out and made the Pels adjust, but Willie has been a step ahead of Monty for most of the series since then.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Book was ruled Out around 5pm Eastern the day before Game 4 🤐
Not gonna lie, I'm more nervous about him playing than the actual game

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:47 pm
Book was ruled Out around 5pm Eastern the day before Game 4 🤐
Not gonna lie, I'm more nervous about him playing than the actual game
Oh well there ya go

Indy

Post by Indy »

They aren't going to risk him playing unless it is an elimination game.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:

There are easily 20 missing points from bricking open shots alone. We’re not winning anything unless that changes. Their poor shooting is putting pressure on the defense and giving the pels too many chances to get out in transition.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:50 pm
Indy wrote:

Their big 2 offensive guys are obviously younger than Book & CP3. CP3 looks like he's starting to show his age every other game. They have some nice pieces around them too, with JVV, Herb Jones, Jaxson Hayes, Larry Nance Jr., Troy Murphy, and who knows if Zion will ever get back into shape. NO has a lot to be excited about for their future.
Fortunately, every other game is all it takes to win a seven game series. :P

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Cam Payne needs to be benched completely. And should have been before last game. Play Holiday instead and see what happens. Monty just refuses to make adjustments.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cam Payne used to constantly play on the edge of control. Sometimes it hurt the Suns when he'd get an offensive foul or turnover, but he'd also often swing a game in the Suns favor by constantly putting pressure on the defense and being a pest on the defensive end.

Seems like more recently he's trying to do a Chris Paul imitation and is just not that guy, not to mention it's playing right into the Pelicans strategy when he does it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:13 pm
Cam Payne used to constantly play on the edge of control. Sometimes it hurt the Suns when he'd get an offensive foul or turnover, but he'd also often swing a game in the Suns favor by constantly putting pressure on the defense and being a pest on the defensive end.

Seems like more recently he's trying to do a Chris Paul imitation and is just not that guy, not to mention it's playing right into the Pelicans strategy when he does it.
He's been in several times when the Pels had Nance as the only big and it took until game 4 for him to consistently attack the basket. Of course, he negated his good drives with a few dumb turnovers and fouls.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:13 pm

Right? He also used to be an irritant, and he's not doing that anymore either. Just irritating his own team and fans now.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Payne needs to play with Paul or Booker…we really don’t have that 3rd guy that can be the primary offensive weapon. Payne flashes that skill, but not when teams can focus their defense on him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We NEED this game. The team that wins game 5 to go up 3-2 wins 80% of the series.
"Be Legendary."