Around the League: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He's been in the NBA for 5 seasons and people are still talking about him "fixing his shot"? SMH.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:54 pm
And even if you do look at the private sector, you can't just fire someone if they are sick/injured.
Sure you can, as long as it’s not a work-related injury, not an injury that can be accommodated, and renders the worker unable to do his job.

Of course, if the worker is a member of a union that has a collective bargaining agreement, or has a contract, those may have their own provisions.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:49 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:54 pm
And even if you do look at the private sector, you can't just fire someone if they are sick/injured.
Sure you can, as long as it’s not a work-related injury, not an injury that can be accommodated, and renders the worker unable to do his job.

Of course, if the worker is a member of a union that has a collective bargaining agreement, or has a contract, those may have their own provisions.
It depends greatly on the state you live in (and I am just talking about the US).

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Starting my Day After Tweetathon now lol
Sorry if this was posted but don't recall seeing it

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Oh boy
Here we go :? :roll:

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Already not liked amongst Suns fans
This name association and quote doesn't help 😏

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Alvarado is better than Beverley because Jose doesn't routinely hurt his team with dumb decisions. Alvarado is also a better shooter.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Alvarado has seemed like a better shooter, but he shot 29% from 3 during the regular season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Funny, what I see in that CP clip is Jonas grabbing CP3's wrist and no foul being called. It's not a natural motion, because that's what happens when you jump in the air and someone grabs you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:22 pm
Alvarado has seemed like a better shooter, but he shot 29% from 3 during the regular season.
Alvarado is still in his rookie season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit close to 35% next season.

This is a situation where I trust my eyes more. I'm never worried when Beverley takes a 3-pointer, but I hate seeing Alvarado get a wide open look.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:12 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:22 pm
Alvarado is still in his rookie season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit close to 35% next season.

This is a situation where I trust my eyes more. I'm never worried when Beverley takes a 3-pointer, but I hate seeing Alvarado get a wide open look.
I hate seeing either of them...doing anything.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I don’t have any issues with Alvarado. He’s more Jevon Carter than Patrick Beverly. He plays hard. We’d love him if he was a Sun.

Beverly is a dirty POS and his arrogance relative to his actual skill level just takes his loathsomeness to another level.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

This sucks since it takes away from the series. Middleton would've been a big factor vs Brown and Tatum

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That is really bad news for the Bucks. You have to be careful with knee injuries. I hope they don't rush him back and risk injuring it again.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:11 am
I don’t have any issues with Alvarado. He’s more Jevon Carter than Patrick Beverly. He plays hard. We’d love him if he was a Sun.

Beverly is a dirty POS and his arrogance relative to his actual skill level just takes his loathsomeness to another level.
Hint: Alvarado doesn't play for the Suns.

But yeah, hate PB&J a lot more.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:

I don't know if I 100% agree. Alvarado is one of these guys who gets right up in the grill of the guy he's defending. He is constantly pushing, shoving, elbowing, scratching, bumping. Technically all of that is over the line and should be called a foul, but refs rarely call it unless it's a blatant hit that knocks the offensive player off balance. Is that "dirty" play? Maybe, maybe not, but I think it's not very sportsmanlike to be constantly bashing and smashing your opponent just to try to throw them off balance and irritate them. Plus Alvarado is constantly jawing and talking trash the whole game, again to try to irritate his opponent. That isn't really a style of basketball I like to watch. If he were on my team, sure, I'd be more affectionate toward all of this. But I still would rather watch a league where guys play hard while respecting each other and the rules of the game.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:16 am
Shabazz wrote:

I don't know if I 100% agree. Alvarado is one of these guys who gets right up in the grill of the guy he's defending. He is constantly pushing, shoving, elbowing, scratching, bumping. Technically all of that is over the line and should be called a foul, but refs rarely call it unless it's a blatant hit that knocks the offensive player off balance. Is that "dirty" play? Maybe, maybe not, but I think it's not very sportsmanlike to be constantly bashing and smashing your opponent just to try to throw them off balance and irritate them. Plus Alvarado is constantly jawing and talking trash the whole game, again to try to irritate his opponent. That isn't really a style of basketball I like to watch. If he were on my team, sure, I'd be more affectionate toward all of this. But I still would rather watch a league where guys play hard while respecting each other and the rules of the game.
Do you hate Jae for doing the exact same thing?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:16 am
Shabazz wrote:

Mori gave this commercial a standing O: