Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Post by bajanguy008 »

Kooool

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:56 pm
Does getting rid of Ayton and all those other pieces make us better? I mean, we're already a championship contender with our current roster, 1 year removed from the NBA Finals. Why blow up a substantial chunk of the roster to bring in an aging friend of CP3? It's not like his super teams have been very super lately, along with other super teams. Hard pass from me. It's almost as bad as wanting Ben Simmons.
It wouldn’t be Ayton and other pieces…Ayton by himself with maybe Saric would cover it salary wise. And I’ve mostly just said I could see it happen if these playoffs show us Ayton isn’t a max guy and we fall short of a title again this year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Interesting…Herb is supposed to be there stopper. Their best defense seems to be letting us shoot open 3s

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Does getting rid of Ayton and all those other pieces make us better? I mean, we're already a championship contender with our current roster, 1 year removed from the NBA Finals. Why blow up a substantial chunk of the roster to bring in an aging friend of CP3? It's not like his super teams have been very super lately, along with other super teams. Hard pass from me. It's almost as bad as wanting Ben Simmons.
No, can't get rid of Ayton in a trade for LeBron. I'm opposed to any of the young talent going out the door. Especially when you don't have anyone from the past 2 drafts or even the upcoming draft coming in. You need to have some youthful exuberance with the old guys, otherwise you tend to trend downwards quite quickly after the old guys are gone, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I say this with 100% respect and kindness, you’re all idiots

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Stop it. Please.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:42 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
It wouldn’t be Ayton and other pieces…Ayton by himself with maybe Saric would cover it salary wise. And I’ve mostly just said I could see it happen if these playoffs show us Ayton isn’t a max guy and we fall short of a title again this year.
Thankfully Ayton has been our most consistent player in the playoffs, just like last season. We shit on him during the regular season for stretches but he's been rock solid this postseason, which isn't a surprise.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:20 pm
I say this with 100% respect and kindness, you’re all idiots
I'm trying to fight the good fight here!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Beat you by a few seconds Indy, haha

Indy

Post by Indy »

I was literally waiting to see if you would post it. I checked to see and didn't see the post, then went to go find it and paste it. That took too long!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Look at my boy Cam J !!

Sigh obviously I'm :?
Yea big bummer on these stats and he was gonna be on the bench again to end the game if Payne didn't fall out.
Anyways I stay rocking with my boy through n through

No breaking news here but we gonna need him

Indy

Post by Indy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:56 pm
Look at my boy Cam J !!

Sigh obviously I'm :?
Yea big bummer on these stats and he was gonna be on the bench again to end the game if Payne didn't fall out.
Anyways I stay rocking with my boy through n through

No breaking news here but we gonna need him
tweet doesn't exist

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Oh wow
Sidery deleted it....
Hmmmm

It was the individual net rating for the main guys expect Book
Cam J was easily the worst :? :(
Don't know if Sidery made a mistake in the tweet but strange to delete it

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I think we messing with the Pelicans 🤷🏾‍♂️

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Way to keep the Pels guessing.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

It is one thing if we can get LeBron for Crowder, Payne, Saric, etc. Put him at the 4 spot in Crowder's spot and you are probably winning 70+ games. And there is no room for his nonsense entourage.

It is another thing to trade him for Ayton. WTF???

Would I include Cam Johnson in a package for LeBron? One of those things that make you go hmmmm...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am not really into talking trades in the off season. Talking about trades during the first round of the playoffs during our best regular season in Suns history and after going to the Championship last year seems almost sacrilegious and insulting to the Suns.

Split T

Post by Split T »

virtual9mm wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:57 pm
It is one thing if we can get LeBron for Crowder, Payne, Saric, etc. Put him at the 4 spot in Crowder's spot and you are probably winning 70+ games. And there is no room for his nonsense entourage.

It is another thing to trade him for Ayton. WTF???

Would I include Cam Johnson in a package for LeBron? One of those things that make you go hmmmm...
That’s fair, but you’re not getting LeBron without Ayton or Mikal. I said Cam J earlier, but thinking about it, I doubt you can make a package that LA would say yes to around Cam.

And we obviously aren’t making the trade now and we really don’t need to talk about it now because it really just depends on how the rest of the playoff goes. I think it only becomes an option if we need to rely on Ayton to step up for us and he’s unable to do it. Which leads to James Jones holding strong on not wanting to max him and needing to find somewhere to move him to bring back talent that can keep the suns title window open.

Currently I’d say Ayton has stepped up. His defense has been great and he’s picked up his scoring in Booker’s absence. I still have my doubts on him ever being an offensive hub, but he does enough and flashes enough potential to make me feel ok about giving him the max. At the very least he will maintain trade value at a max deal.

Where the trade might make sense is if we get worked by the Warriors small ball lineup and Ayton can’t make them pay. Paul and Booker are slowed by an aggressive switching or trapping defense and Ayton fails as a release valve. We go down in 5 games. James Jones then decides we need a 3rd guy who can go get his own shot and realizes moving Ayton is the best way to acquire that…the connections LeBron has to our team don’t need to be rehashed…I think we can see how that might align if LeBron isn’t happy spending his final years on a lottery bound Lakers team.

But alas, Nodack is right and it seems weird to talk about when the failure that would need to happen first hasn’t and very likely won’t happen. I think we got scared by our less than dominant showings against NOP. Hopefully we’ve righted the ship, get Booker back, finish off the Pels in 6 and then get back to cruising through the west and onto a glorious finals run where Ayton drops 25/12 and wins the finals mvp, locks up a max deal and alongside Booker and Bridges, anchors the best suns run of all time for many many years. And LeBron is forever stuck in the lottery with the Lakers and playing on a 35 win thunder team with Bronny.