Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News Playoff Edition: Week 28 (4/25 - 5/1)

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:11 am
It's not so strange if you're a Suns fans. We should've expected as much.
Stop it with the pity party. No we shouldn't have and we deserve better. Monty's flaws were exposed. He's too loyal to his guys. He needs to make adjustments and mix it up where appropriate. I'd much rather had seen Holiday starting if Paul was injured for example and we already knew Payne was having a rough go. At the very least, he recognized that.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

But then CP3 kind of went off in the fourth quarter. It wasn’t anything that was going to come close to winning the game but, it showed that he had game left, maybe wasn’t injured and wasn’t too tired. I am of the belief there was some sort of internal strife going on before the game that caused the team to be in a bad state of mind.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:14 pm
But then CP3 kind of went off in the fourth quarter. It wasn’t anything that was going to come close to winning the game but, it showed that he had game left, maybe wasn’t injured and wasn’t too tired. I am of the belief there was some sort of internal strife going on before the game that caused the team to be in a bad state of mind.
It didn't make any sense. Then when they only scored 17 in the first and then only 10 in the second, that was all that I thought made sense.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:13 pm
Nodack wrote:
It didn't make any sense. Then when they only scored 17 in the first and then only 10 in the second, that was all that I thought made sense.
I believe it was only because the game was over at that point and Paul wasn't getting as much resistance.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:12 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:13 pm
Nodack wrote:
I believe it was only because the game was over at that point and Paul wasn't getting as much resistance.
Exactly. The Mavs were going at half speed in the 4th quarter. Paul had one of his patented leaning midrange shots but it was only from about 8 feet out and looked very laborious for him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:42 am
ShelC wrote:
Stop it with the pity party. No we shouldn't have and we deserve better. Monty's flaws were exposed. He's too loyal to his guys. He needs to make adjustments and mix it up where appropriate. I'd much rather had seen Holiday starting if Paul was injured for example and we already knew Payne was having a rough go. At the very least, he recognized that.
We don't *deserve* anything. It isn't about deserving. It is about earning. We didn't earn it.

And Holiday wouldn't have done anything for us. Dallas was hunting Paul or Payne every time they could. Holiday would have been eaten up by Luka or Brunson or Dinwiddie.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Also I meant that more that we should've expected some regression, especially against the Mavs. We had that 10-1 record or something against Luka which was bound to equal out at some point. Everything was almost too good to be true for us in the matchup against Dallas.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:28 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:42 am
ShelC wrote:
We don't *deserve* anything. It isn't about deserving. It is about earning. We didn't earn it.

And Holiday wouldn't have done anything for us. Dallas was hunting Paul or Payne every time they could. Holiday would have been eaten up by Luka or Brunson or Dinwiddie.
I'm talking about the fans!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, but we don't deserve anything either. Fans aren't entitled to good teams or championships just because they worship a team/city/franchise. Fans are just there for the ride. Fandom is completely irrational: We are all irrational in our fandom.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

We peaked early as a team. I felt it. Because I’m a brilliant (basketball fan) and saw it early. I want all the cred for wanting STAT and Book in their respective draft classes. I deserve a ring and want to cry tears of joy with my friends and fam and roast every Lakers fan alive in the comments.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:44 am
Yeah, but we don't deserve anything either. Fans aren't entitled to good teams or championships just because they worship a team/city/franchise. Fans are just there for the ride. Fandom is completely irrational: We are all irrational in our fandom.
Fandom might be irrational but, without fans there is no NBA and certainly no NBA salaries.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I want KD. I don't think he's happy there, Kyrie is a mess, Simmons is a mess, Harden was a mess, he just wants to ball. In Phoenix they have those basketball rats he likes, plus he'd get a chance at the Dubs. Given window, age, etc.. I think Ayton and Cam/KD swap is the ideal target here.

Dunno what we do at the 5, haven't looked at the FA class, but we'd need a 5 and a PG to really round out the roster.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:05 pm
I want KD. I don't think he's happy there, Kyrie is a mess, Simmons is a mess, Harden was a mess, he just wants to ball. In Phoenix they have those basketball rats he likes, plus he'd get a chance at the Dubs. Given window, age, etc.. I think Ayton and Cam/KD swap is the ideal target here.

Dunno what we do at the 5, haven't looked at the FA class, but we'd need a 5 and a PG to really round out the roster.
OK, you convinced me. Split softened me up with all the LeBron talk. Make it so, Jones.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

No thanks, Durant is washed up. He couldn't even hit a shot in the playoffs.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:13 pm
HAHAHAHA

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:13 pm
I, uh.. yeah I got nothing.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

He's no Ayton.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:01 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:44 am
Fandom might be irrational but, without fans there is no NBA and certainly no NBA salaries.
Completely agree. I mean is it rational that we give billions and billions of dollars to the NBA every year to watch guys throw a ball around? Of course not. But we fucking love it!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm completely rational about a game that has ruined my day/night on countless occasions.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Same UO. Same.