Suns-Mavs Round 2 News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Suns-Mavs Round 2 News Thread

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm sure the Sickos already knew especially by Mikal's facial expression. He gave the diplomatic answer and no surprise there.

Still tho it's such a simple answer "We gonna be ready, I just know we are" but I 100% believe him
Feel the Fellas tired of these dudes and gonna be locked in
Let's Go !
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:55 pm
Apologies to all
I said in the Game Day thread that the ball handler got trapped and found Biz as an outlet. That's how I remembered it at the time smh lol
Ntilikina was still trying to steal the ball to be fair but is what it is

I'm just listening to Biz and man, we would never know for sure but it's really obvious that Marquese definitely would not be about that life lol
It was just a weird play. They were still going hard and so were we and they were probably chippy over the 30pt loss anyway. Payne did go at Nkitilina and then other defenders came over so he was going to get trapped with like 4 seconds left. Just none of it was necessary and it turned into all that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:14 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Apologies to all
I said in the Game Day thread that the ball handler got trapped and found Biz as an outlet. That's how I remembered it at the time smh lol

I'm just listening to Biz and man, we would never know for sure but it's really obvious that Marquese definitely would not be about that life lol
It was just a weird play. They were still going hard and so were we and they were probably chippy over the 30pt loss anyway. Payne did go at Nkitilina and then other defenders came over so he was going to get trapped with like 4 seconds left. Just none of it was necessary and it turned into all that.
don't they have history from NY?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cam Johnson was on Burns & Gambo, and said that he didn't think that Chriss' decision to try to pick a fight with Biz was a wise life decision. This essentially describes Chriss' entire NBA career pretty well, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya if Dallas is still gonna defend, they can’t get mad if we keep playing. Also I remember that ft rebound that Chriss went hard after. He’s obviously trying to make an impression and play hard, but he needs to know the limits…recklessly going after a ft rebound is not the answer.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:41 pm
I missed the Chriss-Biyombo stuff at the end of the game and just watched it...TBH Payne should've just gotten the ball over halfcourt and dribbled out the last 8 seconds. No need for the other stuff, especially with the Mavs pissed at being down 30. Just not a good look IMO.
I agree we shouldn't have been trying to score up 30 with seconds left. I do blame Payne for throwing the pass. It looked like he was trying to put dribble moves on his defender and get to the basket before making the pass.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:46 pm
MVP Voting results. Good to see Book getting that recognition plus he finished with more votes than Luka.
Agreed. Very cool to see Book 4th behind the big 3 and ahead of the golden child.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:26 pm
ShelC wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Apologies to all

Who has a history? Ntilikina and Payne? I don't believe Payne ever played in New York.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"LUKA with almost TWICE the 5th-place MVP votes as Booker! THE MAN! THE GOLDEN CHILD HAS RETURNED! HOW DOES HE DO IT!" - Reggie Miller voice

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:12 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:26 pm
ShelC wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Apologies to all

Who has a history? Ntilikina and Payne? I don't believe Payne ever played in New York.
I read that as Payton. My bad.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I just want them to treat this game 6 like they did against the pelicans and finish these bastards off

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I hope this Suns team is as frustrated with their Jekyll and Hyde performances as we are with the team. Just when we think they've turned it around, they have another stinker like yesterday. It's beyond frustrating. Welp, now it all comes down to one game. Let's hope we get the good Suns. Even then, you never know what might happen.

Before the season started, anything less than a championship was going to be a let down. Now, one game decides if we move on to the next series or we stay home and try to figure out what went wrong. Right now it just feels like Dallas has us figured out defensively but so far that's changed with every home game. It also feels like we can't stop them. It's tough waiting until Sunday to find out our fate.

I sure hope we have another chance to start from ground zero in a series. Golden State has that championship pedigree but it just feels like we're a lot deeper and bigger. Here's to hoping we get another chance to prove ourselves after Sunday. I know we all get frustrated as fans and with each other and I apologize if I got short with anybody or rubbed anybody the wrong way in my own frustrations. You all are my Suns family.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Go Suns!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

One thing I'm leaning on right now is the two day break being a boost for Chris Paul because make no mistake, the Suns will not win if he's playing like a decoy. It's easy to forget how much of a grind the playoffs can be. There aren't any back-to-backs like the regular season, but there also aren't any week long home stands or 2 games in 5 nights stretches.

The Suns are a 6-point favorite right now, which is the same betting line before Game 5. It'll be interesting to see how that moves over the next two days.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:06 pm
One thing I'm leaning on right now is the two day break being a boost for Chris Paul because make no mistake, the Suns will not win if he's playing like a decoy. It's easy to forget how much of a grind the playoffs can be. There aren't any back-to-backs like the regular season, but there also aren't any week long home stands or 2 games in 5 nights stretches.

The Suns are a 6-point favorite right now, which is the same betting line before Game 5. It'll be interesting to see how that moves over the next two days.
I sure hope we get a semblance of the Chris Paul we have learned to know and love after a couple days of rest. I hope it's just the grind that's affecting him. I'm starting to wonder if maybe he's hurt. We know he'd never let it be known if he was.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:33 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:06 pm

I sure hope we get a semblance of the Chris Paul we have learned to know and love after a couple days of rest. I hope it's just the grind that's affecting him. I'm starting to wonder if maybe he's hurt. We know he'd never let it be known if he was.
Putting the dumb hand thing aside that happened late in Game 6, (WTF Monty :roll:) I can't find evidence of when an injury could've occurred. He roasted the Mavs in Game 2 and turned into a pumpkin in Game 3.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Book can’t let Doncic win in Phoenix. He just can’t. Either can Ayton for that matter.
"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:11 pm
Book can’t let Doncic win in Phoenix. He just can’t. Either can Ayton for that matter.
You know he's going to come out amped.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Theres a very good chance this is the last run for the current core. Like others have said if the suns lose tomorrow or in the WCF You'll likely see a major piece change. Also, It's apparent CP3 is on the downside of his career and teams like the Grizz and Mavs will only get better with their young pieces. If the suns remain status quo they'll be passed up and you'll prob be looking at a team that is battling for the 4/5 seed next yr.

So this is it...defining game and possibly a defining 2 weeks for this crew...Will it be similar to what happened in 95? The suns have to seize this opportunity. I don't think you'll see many people picking them to beat the warriors so if they win tomorrow, in a game where 100% of the pressure is on them, you may see a team playing more freely in the next round.

Tomorrow is it for this group IMO...Booker's window is still wide open, but much like the 2007 Suns and 95 Suns, I think you'll see a big move going into next year that will see our team look drastically different if this doesn't wound up in a finals appearance. In a lot of ways 7 seconds or less died in 2007 (yes we had that great season in 2010 but that was lightning in a bottle) thanks to David Stern and a corner Bruce Bowen 3 and The KJ/Barkley era Suns died in 95 thanks to Mario Ellie...will be RIP the Chris Paul era after tomorrow?

Seize the moment Book....
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”