Game Day: Suns vs Mavs, WCSF Game 1, Mon 05/02/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Suns vs Mavs, WCSF Game 1, Mon 05/02/22

Post by Split T »

I hate the modern trend of sports talking heads who just spout hot takes just to get their name out there. It’s likely not even how he feels, just knows it will drive engagement.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:20 am
I hate the modern trend of sports talking heads who just spout hot takes just to get their name out there. It’s likely not even how he feels, just knows it will drive engagement.
Actually it's exactly how he feels
Just wish he wasn't successful in "driving engagement" on this board smh 😏
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Best JaVale play? Damn this guy is athletic!

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:11 pm
Cap wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:03 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:07 pm
djy2j wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:19 pm
If I remember correctly Reggie Bullock never made a FG as a Sun but I can't confirm
That's what I remember as well.
I looked it up. 1-16.
Seriously? Wow. I knew it was bad. Didn’t know it was THAT bad.
He was the Michael Jordan of Earl Barrons.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:08 am

:roll:
Skip Bayless 2.0.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Besides actually shooting well, Crowder had a really rough game and it seemed to piss off Chris Paul. The sequence in the 3rd quarter where he essentially caused the Suns 2 turnovers was particularly ugly tipping point. I also think Paul was irritated with being taken out of the game early in the 3rd. So maybe there was just some general angst with him.

I know a flagrant foul is the general rule, but I thought his "kick" on Doncic was a bit harsh. He turned his body mid-air to pass out of a jump shot which would naturally cause his leg to lift up. I watched the replay a few times and it seemed more like "wrong place, wrong time" than anything malicious. Reputation also matters, so if that was Cam Johnson, there'd have been a better chance it would've just been called an offensive foul without a reveiw.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

This Nick Wright guy is a complete idiot. I can't stand his nasal voice and ridiculous takes. He claims to be the father of Luka Doncic. Something is seriously wrong with him. His takes are the worst.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:42 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:09 am
I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with me, but Giannis is a Center and he played the position for pretty much this whole season. It's only now with Lopez back that he's not the designated Center. So with that..

I don't see a huge gap between players within the same tier.

Giannis
---
Jokic
Embiid
---
Ayton
Adebayo
Gobert
KAT
Davis
---
Allen
Valanciunas
Vucevic
Sabonis
I agree with everything you said, except these points:
1) I think Giannis is in the same tier with Jokic and Embiid
2) I don't see Davis or Sabonis as centers--I know they probably spent as much time at C as PF, but they just don't feel like Centers to me.

Really good tier breakdown.
I have a fetish with continuously identifying who I think is the best player in the world, and Giannis has been that guy for me since the previous Finals series. I'll admit that it's close, but Giannis is outright better than Jokic and Embiid in my eyes.

Giannis is a physical freak and there isn't really a single weakness to his game at this point. His bulldozing drive from 30+ feet out where he picks up his dribble 20 feet from the rim is the single most unstoppable move in basketball.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm gonna say my one bit on him while talking bout myself 🤦🏾‍♂️

I was in that sad place, 3-4 years ago where I would tune into these shows at least every other day tbh. Struggles of unemployment I'm afraid, and back then he would pop up on Cowherd or to debate Skip about LeBron.

I actually watched the segment and it's so ridiculous he's still using the same "playbook" for his argument. Bron (Luka) MVP type player, easily the best player in the series and nobody can guard him. I pick his team to win and expect generational numbers 32-8-8
Then make the caveat that the opponent is usually better just that His Guy's greatness will overcome it. If he's winning he doubles down on this - that In Spite of the Others his guy pulling it off but if he's losing he gonna be, I would not expect player X would only avg 12pts or that the team would only shoot whatever % from 3.

So just wait for the as I predicted Luka is having his way with the Suns but player X, player Y, Kidd some of everybody else is letting Luka down.

Like I said, it really upsets me now to see the platform ppl like him have. Then folks online just rinse and repeat what he says, go be box score analysts and then post silly stuff online without any context. But again, I sit here laughing at myself too because as recently as Bubble Suns and the CP3 signing I was letting him get to me with his opinions on us.

Look at me wasting minutes of my day on this post 🤣🤦🏾‍♂️
But for those who gonna keep checking, I'm fairly certain he gonna say the stuff above
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:32 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:08 am

:roll:
Skip Bayless 2.0.
At least Skip was fun to laugh at, he knows playing a character. Nick thinks he's actually dropping serious takes. He's a tool bag.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:49 pm
This Nick Wright guy is a complete idiot. I can't stand his nasal voice and ridiculous takes. He claims to be the father of Luka Doncic. Something is seriously wrong with him. His takes are the worst.
I refuse to listen to him any more.
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:07 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Listen to who?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I honestly had never heard of this guy until this week, but then again I only watch games and not the studio productions with exception to Inside the NBA.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

On the topic of media boneheads. WTF kind of approach is this? Paul should've smacked him in the back of his head.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:27 pm
I honestly had never heard of this guy until this week, but then again I only watch games and not the studio productions with exception to Inside the NBA.
I may in the minority, but i find inside the NBA terrible as well, mostly Shaq.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:48 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I find their antics entertaining. It's hard to find wholesome comedy on TV these days and the producers set up the 4 guys really well.

Shaq can be annoying when he tries to be an analyst. He obviously knows the game at a high level, but he clearly doesn't watch the league much besides whatever games are being played on TNT that night.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Listen to who?
► Show Spoiler
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:33 pm
On the topic of media boneheads. WTF kind of approach is this? Paul should've smacked him in the back of his head.

That's hilarious. What an idiot interviewer. Where did he come from? And is he drunk? He's slurring his speech. Loved Paul's response. Especially Theo Pinson.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 5:40 pm
TOO wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:48 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I find their antics entertaining. It's hard to find wholesome comedy on TV these days and the producers set up the 4 guys really well.

Shaq can be annoying when he tries to be an analyst. He obviously knows the game at a high level, but he clearly doesn't watch the league much besides whatever games are being played on TNT that night.
This is how I feel.. great entertainment but pretty lacking in analysis. The B crew with Wade and Candice Parker is much better from an analysis standpoint. Draymond will be a good addition in time.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 5:42 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Listen to who?
Nick Wright.
I think you missed my point. 😂