Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:59 am
Good tanking year. Maybe if CP3 gets an injury we can throw our hat in the ring.
The GM hates the draft.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu wrote:
Good tanking year. Maybe if CP3 gets an injury we can throw our hat in the ring.
No, please.

I honestly think we would still make the playoffs if Chris was out this year. Maybe not a top five team but I think we’d compete for a 6th or 7th seed still. Something catastrophic would have to happen to multiple players for us not to make the playoffs but also be bad enough that we would compete for a top 3 bottom seed.

These guys look like generational talents but we already whiffed at our chance to draft a generational talent, time to move on.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:15 am
Mori Chu wrote:
The GM hates the draft.
*trades the number one pick for Eric Gordon and the 7th pick to draft a 25 year old.*

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:23 am
The poor guy has been gone so long even the official NBA YouTube account can't get his last name right.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So, if the rumors are true and the next Suns owner is going to pay up to $4.7 billion to take the ownership off of Sarver and associates, wouldn't this raise the value of every franchise in the league by at least $1 billion per? If that's the case, wouldn't this new owner be doing a HUGE HUGE favor to the league? If that's also the case, if I was the owner, I would be working with Silver to come up with a scenario where I also guarantee to get the #1 pick this coming draft too. Maybe it has to do with the trade of Crowder and getting an unprotected 1st round pick back, or right of pick swap. Maybe the decision has already been made to trade away Ayton, so they get an unprotected pick from a lottery team or team that has an unprotected pick from another lottery team. Idk, but Silver is smart, and we know the lottery is completely fixed, so he needs to figure it out.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do we know that?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That's bizzaro world corruption stuff, In2. Nothing like that is going to happen.

The most significant reason the league and owners should be excited about the Suns selling for $4B+ is that it dramatically increases the franchise fees for the incoming teams in Seattle and Las Vegas. That's where they'll see their payouts.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya and the new owner is gonna get a nice chunk of that too

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I believe this is the last season of his contract, buckle up.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Word is Draymond and Poole got into it. Not surprising given their backgrounds from Michigan and both guys like to talk. Both are also up for new contracts after this season.

I think it's gonna be a weird season for the defending champions.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Crowder, Shamet and Dario for Dray.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:18 am
So, if the rumors are true and the next Suns owner is going to pay up to $4.7 billion to take the ownership off of Sarver and associates, wouldn't this raise the value of every franchise in the league by at least $1 billion per? If that's the case, wouldn't this new owner be doing a HUGE HUGE favor to the league? If that's also the case, if I was the owner, I would be working with Silver to come up with a scenario where I also guarantee to get the #1 pick this coming draft too. Maybe it has to do with the trade of Crowder and getting an unprotected 1st round pick back, or right of pick swap. Maybe the decision has already been made to trade away Ayton, so they get an unprotected pick from a lottery team or team that has an unprotected pick from another lottery team. Idk, but Silver is smart, and we know the lottery is completely fixed, so he needs to figure it out.
Wha?????

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I know most these reporters are usually just a "mouthpiece" for a team/agent to control a narrative so make what you want of this

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Eww. I'm actually team Draymond it that's really the case.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:18 am
This is tinfoil hat kinda stuff.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

You punch him for telling a stupid joke and being annoying?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is it just a coincidence that NO got the #1 pick, where they got AD, when they needed the Saints owner to bail them out, buy the franchise, and keep them in NO?

Or when AD screwed them over and wanted out, they just so happened to get the #1 pick again? And in order for the Lakers to make the trade for AD, that they jumped up to the #4 pick that year to sweeten the deal?

How about the fact that LA jumped up in the draft 4 times in 5 yrs(2015. 2016. 2017, 2019), and the only one they didn't(2018), it was the one that they didn't own that pick? How about if they didn't jump up in the 2017 draft, they would have lost another pick too? When was the last time they dropped in the draft? Has it ever happened? Just lucky, I guess.

How about the Knicks and the Suns haven't been able to jump up in the draft since 1985(Knicks) & 1987(Suns) respectively, yet consistently drop in the draft like clockwork? Ayton wasn't a jump in the draft.

How about the year after LeBron left Cleveland, they magically get the #1 pick? It seemed that Cleveland was so upset about it, and the league felt so bad about LeBron leaving, that they got the #1 pick 3 out of the 4 yrs he was gone, paving the way for them to get LeBron back and win a title.

There is more "coincidences" too.
But it's all just tinfoil hat kinda stuff.
Last edited by In2ition on Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That Poole story seems to be made up.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:13 am

You punch him for telling a stupid joke and being annoying?
Is there an offensive meaning lost in translation for me in this?

Only thing I can think, is that players already know their fate regarding extensions and new contracts, and Poole is getting his money while Draymond isn't. In such case, I can understand Green losing it, and the team fed up, not with the comments, but with the insensitivity on keep talking about it.