Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:09 am
The Bobster wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:07 am
It's just a fight in practice. Those have been happening since the league began.

And the Warriors aren't about to give him to us for cheap.
There’s never been video before
This. The Ray Rice video changed the NFL forever.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Green is POS and absolutely doesn’t pass the “Would Monty let him raw dog his daughter” test but id still trade for him lol

James Jones once said “If you have team success, only then you can throw in a selfish individual — or as I call them, a mercenary — into the bunch and be able to withstand it.”

Green would absolutely be a “mercenary”. Absolutely down.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
It's just a fight in practice. Those have been happening since the league began.

This. Yesterday, the price for Green would be high. Today? There’s absolutely no way the warriors can keep him on the team. He has to go.

carey

Post by carey »

Y'all seriously think they are going to trade Draymond Green because he punched Jordan Poole?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

I’d trade Poole a hundred times before I trade Draymond if I’m the Warriors. As long as they have Curry, they absolutely need Draymond. Curry is not an MVP candidate without Draymond.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:02 am
Y'all seriously think they are going to trade Draymond Green because he punched Jordan Poole?
I lean towards no, but I think there’s a lot of stuff going on and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded. I don’t think they want to pay him and Draymond will cause problems if he’s not happy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

MightyMoog wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:21 am
I’d trade Poole a hundred times before I trade Draymond if I’m the Warriors. As long as they have Curry, they absolutely need Draymond. Curry is not an MVP candidate without Draymond.
They don’t need him to be an mvp candidate. That team is loaded. Curry will have to play differently, but let’s say they get like Myles Turner for Draymond.

Curry/Poole/Klay/Wiggins/Turner

They’ve also got Moody/Kuminga/Wiseman that could either step in and help or be used to go get more help.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

MightyMoog wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:21 am
I agree. They should trade Poole and Moody to the Phoenix Suns for Shamet and two 1st round picks. Let’s do it!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:39 am
carey wrote:
I lean towards no, but I think there’s a lot of stuff going on and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded. I don’t think they want to pay him and Draymond will cause problems if he’s not happy.
What Changed for me is that there’s now video, and it isn’t him just punching him, it him punching him and appearing to knock him the fuck out as well. I think that’s the difference for me here, but I might be biased haha.

Not sure why pacers would want to trade turner for him tho. Green Doesn’t fit their timeline and could opt in another year. I think if they trade Turner, they want some sort younger asset and expiring contracts. Maybe a 3 team trade where green goes to the lakers, turner to warriors and Russ and picks to them?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:59 am
Split T wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:39 am
carey wrote:
What Changed for me is that there’s now video, and it isn’t him just punching him, it him punching him and appearing to knock him the fuck out as well. I think that’s the difference for me here, but I might be biased haha.

Not sure why pacers would want to trade turner for him tho. Green Doesn’t fit their timeline and could opt in another year. I think if they trade Turner, they want some sort younger asset and expiring contracts. Maybe a 3 team trade where green goes to the lakers, turner to warriors and Russ and picks to them?
I guess when I heard Draymond punched him, I assumed he really hit him…the video didn’t actually change my opinion much. Though it did cause it to blow up in the media.

As for Turner, ya I got that from the Simmons/Lowe podcast. They said Green/Hield to LA, Westbrook and picks to Indy, Turner to GS.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'd trade for Draymond. He would be that connector and he could slow down Doncic, LeBron, AD, ect. Those bigger guys that give guys problems.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Hield and Green would be pretty great for the lakers…

Jae, Shamet, Landale, 1st for Green?

Would still sign Carmelo.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Would GS and NY be down for a Randle/Green swap?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:34 am
Draymond is expiring right?
Well, eventually. We all do. But he's only in his early 30s. I'd like to think he has many more years in front of him.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:37 am
No way Jones trades for him, especially after the video leaked.

Is TNT going to fire/punish him?
Punching your teammates worked out well for Jordan. Why not us?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

By punching Poole, Greene thought he's make a big splash. And boy, did he ever.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

I'm with Bob. Video or not, I don't think it'll make much of a difference on their season. This stuff happens a lot more than we know.

The Warriors aren't going to trade him for spare parts, but maybe it'll be leverage on his next contract.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I don't buy that Draymond is going to be traded now. They love him there. He just helped win them a title. They will smooth this over and run it back and try to repeat.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:49 pm
By punching Poole, Greene thought he's make a big splash. And boy, did he ever.
Water they gonna do? I think their team is going to sink in the standings. Maybe they should see if Dwyane Wade will come out of retirement. I'd float that idea past him, see if it can wet (sic) his appetite to join the splash brothers. Then sign his wife Gabrielle Union and flipper for a future draft pick.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

…ummm, sure.