Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't know when the change happened, but I noticed all of the individual awards have been changed to a crystal basketball. I don't mind except for the MVP trophy. I always liked that one. The design isn't anything special, I just liked how it was kinda massive for a trophy.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:55 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:44 am
Split T wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 am
I wished they’d call it a conference playoffs mvp…it’s always gonna go to someone in the conference finals, but I think the whole playoffs should count.
So Jokic could get ALL the awards? No thanks.
Of course not, he lost in the first round so there’s no chance he gets it.

I just think it’s dumb to base an award off a couple games. I don’t know that there is a great example this year…maybe Giannis in the east. Let’s say we get to the conference Finals and Jrue has a couple great games while Giannis is so-so and they win the East. Should those 2 games give him the conference finals mvp over 3 rounds of elite play from Giannis?

Ultimately I just wish there was a best player on the planet award. Then we wouldn’t have to get too upset about Jokic winning mvp. I think Giannis would run away with a best player on the planet award.
Yeah I don't like awards for a single series. The Finals MVP should go to the player on the winning team that played the best throughout the playoffs.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:05 pm
I don't know when the change happened, but I noticed all of the individual awards have been changed to a crystal basketball. I don't mind except for the MVP trophy. I always liked that one. The design isn't anything special, I just liked how it was kinda massive for a trophy.

Supposedly, that’s just a 75th anniversary trophy/placeholder. He’s going to get the real trophy too.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Does Phil Jackson have a connection there still?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Doesn't he have an eternal connection to the owner, Jennie Buss?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:09 pm
I thought it was an "internal" connection with Jennie Buss.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

dragickingdom wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:35 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I thought it was more like the burger chain...In-N-Out.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

dragickingdom wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:35 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
8.3/10

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What the hell?!

Texas teen goes to restroom at NBA arena. Police find her 10 days later in Oklahoma hotel sold for sex
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/05 ... d-for-sex/
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I saw that story a week ago. Appalling police work.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Every time I see Tatum thrive, I think of this:

https://arizonasports.com/story/2299313 ... son-tatum/

I know the source, but it's entirely believable. Barf.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Problem is we didn’t really have control of the situation. Would Boston not have taken Tatum if he didn’t work out with them? It seems like Boston had identified Tatum as their guy and traded down for him already. Obviously don’t know for sure, but I kinda thing Boston was taking Tatum regardless

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:20 pm
Problem is we didn’t really have control of the situation. Would Boston not have taken Tatum if he didn’t work out with them? It seems like Boston had identified Tatum as their guy and traded down for him already. Obviously don’t know for sure, but I kinda thing Boston was taking Tatum regardless
Yeah. It's not so much about the missed opportunity, rather the "braintrust" of Sarver and McDonough throwing all of their eggs in the Josh Jackson basket (and the frustration of Sarver having such a prominent say).

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Yeah. It's not so much about the missed opportunity, rather the "braintrust" of Sarver and McDonough throwing all of their eggs in the Josh Jackson basket (and the frustration of Sarver having such a prominent say).
Ya that’s fair. I don’t fault them too much for liking Jackson though. He was pretty universally a top 3-4 guy in that draft. Lots missed on him. I had him 3rd on my board I believe(Fultz, Isaac, Jackson), Ball, Fox and then Tatum. I’ll admit I was worried we’d take Tatum and didn’t want him. I saw a good scorer, but didn’t think he’d defend or create enough to be a star. Thought Jackson and Isaac were better fits next to Booker. Think I’m realizing drafting to find a specific guy is dangerous though.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:32 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Split T wrote:
Ya that’s fair. I don’t fault them too much for liking Jackson though. He was pretty universally a top 3-4 guy in that draft. Lots missed on him. I had him 3rd on my board I believe(Fultz, Isaac, Jackson), Ball, Fox and then Tatum. I’ll admit I was worried we’d take Tatum and didn’t want him. I saw a good scorer, but didn’t think he’d defend or create enough to be a star. Thought Jackson and Isaac were better fits next to Booker. Think I’m realizing drafting to find a specific guy is dangerous though.
Will forever hate the Jackson turd burger, dude showed nothing at Kansas that said NBA lottery pick. All I wanted was Tatum or Fox. Sigh.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 3:12 pm
Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Split T wrote:
Will forever hate the Jackson turd burger, dude showed nothing at Kansas that said NBA lottery pick. All I wanted was Tatum or Fox. Sigh.
Hmm. I remember you not liking Tatum. :twisted:

Seriously though, we missed out on both Tatum and Brown by a thread.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:18 pm
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Split T wrote:

Not sure if you're serious or not lol. That was my guy.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Note the twisted emoticon. You made it abundantly clear at the time.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just finished the first half. Might as well start the conversation here. The Mavs are loose and the Suns are tight. Suns can’t score. There’s going to be a lot of internal evaluation as to what happened and why in the off-season.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 6:19 pm
TOO wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:

Note the twisted emoticon. You made it abundantly clear at the time.
I'd trade Booker for him right now.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.