Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Post by Indy »

Reports are saying only the Lakers are even interested. But they word it as "LA" so maybe they mean any team in LA. :P

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Considering he threw away so much money this year, he may not care. What if he just said fuck it, I am signing with Lebron for 6M?

Maybe he actually told them that, and that is why they told him to go find S&T deals.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:39 am
Considering he threw away so much money this year, he may not care. What if he just said fuck it, I am signing with Lebron for 6M?

Maybe he actually told them that, and that is why they told him to go find S&T deals.
I am here for the Lakers signing. I hope he does. I want to watch this final form of Kyrie play with Lebron. Before he was passive aggressive and quietly resentful of being Robin to his Batman. Now he is full on Joker. Publicly assertive in saying stupid shit, lacks commitment, isn’t as diligent. I even hope Russ stays as well. Gonna be great.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The east finally was on the same level as the west for the first time in 20+ years and we might see Kyrie come to the Lakers and KD to the Suns. That would be quite the shift in power back to the west I think.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:27 am
The east finally was on the same level as the west for the first time in 20+ years and we might see Kyrie come to the Lakers and KD to the Suns. That would be quite the shift in power back to the west I think.
I really hate the east vs west thing. Not the comparisons, just the split of the conferences.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lakers + Kyrie won't be very good if they have to give up AD or other assets. It's only a good fit if they can basically keep their core together. So they'd have to either hope he opts out and plays for the $6m (which, wow, if so), or that the Nets would accept a bunch of bantha fodder and future draft picks in return for Kyrie. And I assume the Lakers have already traded their picks through 2029 or somesuch. Not sure it really works unless Kyrie opts out and takes the low money contract.

I really really hope Kyrie bails and KD asks for a trade. C'mon, basketball gods, make this interesting.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:25 am
Lakers + Kyrie won't be very good if they have to give up AD or other assets. It's only a good fit if they can basically keep their core together. So they'd have to either hope he opts out and plays for the $6m (which, wow, if so), or that the Nets would accept a bunch of bantha fodder and future draft picks in return for Kyrie. And I assume the Lakers have already traded their picks through 2029 or somesuch. Not sure it really works unless Kyrie opts out and takes the low money contract.

I really really hope Kyrie bails and KD asks for a trade. C'mon, basketball gods, make this interesting.
Could really use something to get excited about. July 1 can’t get here fast enough

Split T

Post by Split T »

Lakers can trade 2 picks now I believe…2027 and 2029. And there’s no chance LA would give up AD in a Kyrie trade. The Lakers are the only team that wants Kyrie. Nets don’t have leverage other than just forcing Kyrie to opt out.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:40 am
Lakers can trade 2 picks now I believe…2027 and 2029. And there’s no chance LA would give up AD in a Kyrie trade. The Lakers are the only team that wants Kyrie. Nets don’t have leverage other than just forcing Kyrie to opt out.
Depends if Lebron still believes in him. But maybe it isn't in a Kyrie deal, for the reasons you mention. But maybe in another deal.

How crazy would it be for the Lakers to figure out a way to get Kyrie to sign for the TPMLE and trade AD for KD? That feels like the most Suns thing ever.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:44 am
Split T wrote:
Depends if Lebron still believes in him. But maybe it isn't in a Kyrie deal, for the reasons you mention. But maybe in another deal.

How crazy would it be for the Lakers to figure out a way to get Kyrie to sign for the TPMLE and trade AD for KD? That feels like the most Suns thing ever.
Indy should be temporarily banned until after free agency.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:47 am
Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:44 am
Split T wrote:

Indy should be temporarily banned until after free agency.
Probably. But tell me you can't see that happening while we have to trade a disgruntled DA for Clint Capela straight up...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T

Post by Split T »

This is starting to feel like a real option…I’m trying to figure out a way to do it without Bridges but I just don’t see why Brooklyn would do it. Ayton, Cam J, Crowder, another salary and picks? That would be the dream…CP3, Booker, Bridges, KD and whatever Is left…More likely it’ll be CP3,Booker, KD, Crowder and whatever is left. My guess is Brooklyn will want Ayton, Bridges, and Cam J.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Here’s the video of the Windhorst quote

Split T

Post by Split T »

Brooklyn could put together a decent team trading with us. Even without Bridges.

Curry, Simmons, Harris, Cam J, Ayton.

That’s a lot of elite shooting around a Simmons/Ayton duo. Plus probably like 3 1sts. They could repackage those 1sts elsewhere for more help if they want.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:59 am
This is starting to feel like a real option…I’m trying to figure out a way to do it without Bridges but I just don’t see why Brooklyn would do it. Ayton, Cam J, Crowder, another salary and picks? That would be the dream…CP3, Booker, Bridges, KD and whatever Is left…More likely it’ll be CP3,Booker, KD, Crowder and whatever is left. My guess is Brooklyn will want Ayton, Bridges, and Cam J.
Then you hang up the phone on them if you're James Jones. Come on. Trading your entire young core except for Booker? That's completely reckless.

Also remember it's the Suns we're talkng about. Which means that before training camp is even over, KD will have some devastating injury.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:59 am
Then you hang up the phone on them if you're James Jones. Come on. Trading your entire young core except for Booker? That's completely reckless.

Also remember it's the Suns we're talkng about. Which means that before training camp is even over, KD will have some devastating injury.
Depends on your perspective…certainly makes the future sketchy, but you can’t tell me our team wouldn’t be better next year. Also I think we’ll find a way to keep at least one of them.

As for the injury…nothing we can do about that…can’t run the team based on things outside your control