Game Day: Suns (1-0) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 2, Wed 05/04/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SunsRIt

Re: Game Day: Suns (1-0) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 2, Wed 05/04/22

Post by SunsRIt »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:13 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:59 pm
They flash fried his ass.
Does this mean the Suns scored 86 points on Luka? Sure glad he scored 35. Plus/minus of -51?
Last edited by SunsRIt on Wed May 04, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They probably didn’t shoot every time, if you pass out I don’t think it counts as a chance. Not sure though.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Had to correct it to plus/minus -51. 😂

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Doncic was a -28 tonight. Highest net negative on the team tied with DSF.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Haralabob shitting on Gambo on Twitter.. almost as fun as the game.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Had a feeling we'd get a blowout in this one because the Mavs just don't have the offense to consistently keep pace or the defense to stop...anyone. This felt like a typical game from us....keeping it close thru 3 quarters, feeling things out, pacing ourselves and then turning it up in the 4th. We rope-a-doped Luka until the 4th and then went for the knockout.

Again, Luka got his but so what. It's funny seeing us do to him what teams tried to do to Nash 15 years ago in the playoffs- you either cut him off and make others beat you or shut down everyone else and exhaust him by making him do everything. Those were a hard 36 minutes last night. Maybe Brunson or Dinwiddie get it going at some point but if they're your best support players, you're not going far and guys like Bullock, Kleber, Bertans and DFS just aren't every-game players. Kleber can get hot for a half like he did in Game 1, Bertans got his in the 1st half last night, Bullock can hit a few 3s but none of those guys are consistent scoring threats.

CP and Book - no better backcourt. The way both of them can just turn it on is unreal. When they want to score, they do. It's not make or miss, it's a make every time. Book better start getting more attention for his defense; and not just, "yea he's a good defender for such an elite scorer". He's a great defender, period.

Jae is still feeling good in this series with his offense and defense. Love that he's rediscovered some of that dribble drive/float game that opens up so much for him and the bigs underneath. Also love him jawing with Luka and the Mavs - you need a guy like that who not only talks, but backs it up.

Mikal and CamJ both a little quiet but efficient and Mikal's tasked with guarding Luka most of the night so he gets a bit of a pass. Payne and Shamet also a little quiet but Shamet hit a big corner 3 late.

Quiet night from DA, felt like the refs were hitting our Cs with fouls to try and even things out but DA, JaVale and Biz still combined for 10-13FGs, 24pts and 8rbs and 4 blocks.

Unless Brunson and Dinwiddie start dropping 20-25 a game or guys like Kleber, Bertans and Bullock all get/stay hot at for an entire game, I just don't see the Mavs winning even 2 games.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yea sooo impressive by the "ole guy" again
Jae really has it going and he started his career in Dallas so wonder if he continues to feel good going back to that arena

Just wanna shout out the bench
Biz was awesome , his story and his being a real pro with his role of 3rd center to get called upon once in a blue moon but more often than not be effective is quality stuff

Our bench backcourt box score
C-Payne 4pts, 4 dimes 1 TO
Landry 5pts, 3pter

Glancing at that one might think they didn't really factor but in limited minutes and not much shooting opportunities I think they were great. As they say sometimes Less is More and Payne didn't get out of control trying to do too much, just was solid in his minutes. That one 3 Landry hit was a big one when we were starting to separate in the 2nd half and I continue to like his D.

Great game by the Fellas
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Seeing that tweet about how we are targeting Luka is such a crazy stat. It's such a legit game plan from us though because his usage is sooo high, for him not to be able to hide on D - I mean basically not get to rest on any possessions at all it's virtually impossible for him not to fatigue.

I couldn't remember who we hunted like this before but finally got it - Porter Jr. Only difference is Malone decided to sit him, Kidd doesn't have that option

It became a blowout but even in a closer game I just feel it will lead to him getting frustrated down the stretch trying to still carry the load. Obviously that's assuming the refs not calling everything if he starts trying hard, sorry when he starts trying to sell calls

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yes he did lol😊😊
Only miss of the 4th quarter, I was like Daaaamn lol

Then he quickly called for a sub, he was clearly gassed 😅

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Barkley was saying postgame how Luka needs to learn how to play without the ball, and he was citing CP3 as a good example. But really I think it’s Booker who has learned to do that. He does so much on both ends of the floor without the ball.

That being said, Luka is still a great player, but they don’t really have any other guys that are playoff quality starters. None of their other 4 starters would crack a starting starting lineup on any of the 7 teams in the playoffs. Luka is the best player in the series but the next 5-6 best guys are all on the Suns.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

My initial reaction was Shit, they're gonna call another offensive foul on DA. Only saw Bullock going to the ground and figured he was selling the contact

Seeing it was a breakdown on the switch and DFS was "helping" him get out to Book is too funny

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think I buy this "Luka is the best player in the series" talk. Defense matters. Devin Booker is the best player in the series.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

dragickingdom wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:12 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:32 pm
Furlanfufi wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:30 pm

From the team...wow
🤣
What did it say, the tweet is no longer there.
That the fans should stop the Suns in 4 nonsense

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:05 am

Yes he did lol😊😊
Only miss of the 4th quarter, I was like Daaaamn lol

Then he quickly called for a sub, he was clearly gassed 😅
Yeah I wanted him to make that shot so bad. I stood up for a second when he hit'em with the Shamgod. That kind of stuff is basketball catnip for me.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:51 am
Haralabob shitting on Gambo on Twitter.. almost as fun as the game.

Somebody is a little sensitive that they're not being followed.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:31 am
I don't think I buy this "Luka is the best player in the series" talk. Defense matters. Devin Booker is the best player in the series.
I'd put BOTH Paul and Book ahead of him. Basketball isn't all about scoring buckets. This is a team game. It's about doing what it takes to win. Not just getting yours.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

One of the few good things Reggie had to say last night was when he recognized Book's iconic pose on the ground which is featured in our banner.

I loved that defensive stand by Book on Doncic, I think it was to end the first half, where he D'd him up masterfully and never looked back as Doncic got his shot off late. Book just stared down Doncic the entire time to end the play.
"Be Legendary."