Game Day: Suns (2-1) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 4, Sun 06/08/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day: Suns (2-1) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 4, Sun 06/08/22

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Games like this are why I get frustrated with the lackadaisical approach in Game 3. They played that one like they already had Game 4 in the bag, but all it takes is some dumb officiating or an injury to flip a series.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Last edited by ShelC on Mon May 09, 2022 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:01 pm
Games like this are why I get frustrated with the lackadaisical approach in Game 3. They played that one like they already had Game 4 in the bag, but all it takes is some dumb officiating or an injury to flip a series.
Exactly.

Positive note, I believe the Suns play better when they're focused.

If Dallas doesn't have their attention now I'm not sure we win this series.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We don't have a series yet as nobody has won on the other's court. Let's hope that continues on Tuesday.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Paul is noticeably agitated and is eager to get out of there. Putting the stuff with his family aside, he's gotta be better and I'd expect he'd be able to take the temperature of the game and understand how to adjust.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

:?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kid looks to be what 14? 15?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:00 pm
:?

I wonder what he said? I mean, it would almost have to be racial or something for Paul and his family to react in such a way to a young teenager.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

I thought I saw that it was a physical altercation involving Paul’s mom

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:04 pm
I wonder what he said? I mean, it would almost have to be racial or something for Paul and his family to react in such a way to a young teenager.
The accusation is that someone (I guess that kid) pushed Paul's mother and/or wife.

I'm sure there was likely some ignorant language used at some point, but that doesn't seem to be the issue at hand.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I don’t know what to say. Suns defense was shit giving up open 3s, their half court offense was clogged by their collapsing on the midrange spots and they made lazy passes, bench sucked again, refs seemingly went after the suns. Utterly miserable game.

If they lose in WCF or this round, I think it’s the last we’ve seen Ayton and Payne.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

This is pretty validating-

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:58 pm
I don’t know what to say. Suns defense was shit giving up open 3s, their half court offense was clogged by their collapsing on the midrange spots and they made lazy passes, bench sucked again, refs seemingly went after the suns. Utterly miserable game.

If they lose in WCF or this round, I think it’s the last we’ve seen Ayton and Payne.
Like I said before, if we’re going to play Luka straight up, the others can’t be getting wide open shots. They had it both ways tonight.

Luka can have 45 in a loss but he can’t be defended one-on-one and his teammates still getting wide open shots.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:03 pm
This is pretty validating-
I’m glad to know it’s not just us Suns fans noticing. Those last two were two of the worst officiated games I can remember. I wish I wasn’t thinking this but we’re getting into WWF territory. The NBA obviously wants Luka in a starring role.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

We were showing help on Luka…almost like we tried to take away both and it came back to bite us. Need to either really play him straight up or hard double him

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I hate flop contests in the nba. Both teams trying real hard to draw fouls. The refs have been buying into some of it. Doncic gets my vote for most proficient flopper in the series. The refs aren’t buying into all of it and are enforcing some of the new rules. Doncic tries to draw a foul on every play whether he’s on offense or not. His obvious flop running into Ayton early and flailing away before falling to the ground and having it be a turnover was nice. Paul getting a foul for swerving right in front of Brunson and slamming on the brakes used to to work in the old days. Not anymore. Doncic has tried Pauls patented move of bringing the ball up like you are shooting when a player has his hands in the cookie jar. It has worked for Paul all year. Doncic has been getting it stolen from him when he tries that move. Our best flopper is Crowder imo. Booker, Paul and Payne are slightly less proficient at the art form.

I hate buying into the ref/nba ratings scandal thing. There were a lot of questionable calls today.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It wasn't just the "flopping" fouls today with this crew. Two balls out of bounds missed that favored the Mavs, a ridiculous offensive goal tending on Ayton, and the flagrant foul on Booker were just flat out bad.

That's not to mention the little stuff they constantly let slide like Powell setting illegal screens or the 3 second violations they decided to start calling this game. One of them on McGee was dumb because he was trying to back out of the paint but was being forced back in by a Mavs player.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I still don't understand the offensive goaltending call. The ball was literally 12 inches away from the rim when Ayton touched it! That type of officiating should be criminal.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 10:38 pm
I still don't understand the offensive goaltending call. The ball was literally 12 inches away from the rim when Ayton touched it! That type of officiating should be criminal.
It was a phantom call. The ref thought he touched it when he didn't.
"Be Legendary."