Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Furlanfufi »

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:43 pm
IS THAT SPLIT'S MUSIC!?!?!

Mike Jones.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

BigLewy wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:44 pm
Could it be KD? That'd be something.
Lebron would my guess (KD would be incredible though)

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:30 am
Yep, Ayton, Cam, and Mikal are all great players but none of them can be an actual sidekick to Booker.
If Booker is their best player they aren't getting anywhere.
Ok let’s all just remember how shitty Kobe’s Lakers were in the mid-aughts and see if you can reframe this statement about Book being our best player. The guy is a closer but isn’t getting out of the second round playing 4 on 5 in the half court.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Uh oh, not sure I want to be aligned with Flex haha…feel like this is probably just him stoking flames without an actual fire. Or it’s like Carmelo or something stupid

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:20 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Uh oh, not sure I want to be aligned with Flex haha…feel like this is probably just him stoking flames without an actual fire. Or it’s like Carmelo or something stupid
I have no doubt Book and CP3 have fully discussed who they want in terms of replacing Ayton with. Recruiting is what stars do. It’s not just JJ sitting alone in his office dialing other GMs.

This is 100% talk of either KD or Lebron.
Just don’t let us get fleeced for crap like Harden or Kyrie.

I’d totally be down for-
Ayton for Steven Adams + Zion?
Ayton for Sabonis + Haliburton? (Not superstar)
I’d trade for AD in a heartbeat if he were healthy again.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:12 pm
I've also thought about Rubio as a Cam Payne replacement, but he can play that role for any team he wishes and I'm not sure the Suns would be first on his list.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:31 pm
This is 100% talk of either KD or Lebron.
I think Brad Beal and Dame Lillard fit into this narrative. "True superstar" is obviously subjective here, but the idea is an established All-Star who also fits the "sicko" personality type. I don't think there's any reason to worry about someone like Kyrie or Harden.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Another off the wall idea I've had recently, what if SGA told OKC that he wants out? Seems like a SGA-Ayton deal could be made fairly easily.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:32 pm
Another off the wall idea I've had recently, what if SGA told OKC that he wants out? Seems like a SGA-Ayton deal could be made fairly easily.
He does like CP3 and connected with him. We’d have to throw in some picks I think…think it’s more likely OKC uses picks to acquire Ayton and facilitates us getting a player from a 3rd team

Split T

Post by Split T »

That last video of Monty talking about not putting our young guys in position to be able to go get a bucket is pretty telling. For one, Ayton isn’t mentioned at all(he gone) and it also tells me they know they need another go get a bucket guy.

Monty also mentioned that KD is the one who taught him last year that you need guys who can just get a bucket. So for you thinking Flex is referencing KD, there ya go.

For the record I think the chances at getting KD are about 1 in 10,000.

If flex is actually speaking the truth, it might be LeBron(you all know I’ve said there’s a chance at that) but more likely he’s talking about a lesser player and calling him a star(like Eric Gordon).

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

It would make no sense to acquire another superstar guard with CP3 still on the roster at his salary. He’s not coming off the bench, you can’t play CP3/Book with Dame/SGA/etc. at the same time, we need another shot creator yet we tied a lot of money into Bridges. We’re in a tough spot with an aging, pricey PG we wouldn’t dare trade.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:43 pm
That last video of Monty talking about not putting our young guys in position to be able to go get a bucket is pretty telling. For one, Ayton isn’t mentioned at all(he gone) and it also tells me they know they need another go get a bucket guy.
This is why I was keen on pursuing DeRozan last summer.
Split T wrote:
If flex is actually speaking the truth, it might be LeBron(you all know I’ve said there’s a chance at that) but more likely he’s talking about a lesser player and calling him a star(like Eric Gordon).
Hold on now, he said SUPERstar. Obviously still subjective, but if he wants to be taken seriously (lol), I don't think he'd make that kind of claim with a guy of Eric Gordon's level in mind.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:48 pm
It would make no sense to acquire another superstar guard with CP3 still on the roster at his salary. He’s not coming off the bench, you can’t play CP3/Book with Dame/SGA/etc. at the same time, we need another shot creator yet we tied a lot of money into Bridges. We’re in a tough spot with an aging, pricey PG we wouldn’t dare trade.
SGA is 6’6, you can definitely play him with Book and CP3

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T wrote:
Split T wrote:
Hold on now, he said SUPERstar. Obviously still subjective, but if he wants to be taken seriously (lol), I don't think he'd make that kind of claim with a guy of Eric Gordon's level in mind.
Hmm, well LeBron it is

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:48 pm
The NBA is a playmaking and shot making skill league now. Dame would certainly present defensive issues just because they'd be playing three small guys in their best lineup, but hasn't the NBA world been jerking themselves over the Warriors Jordan Poole lineup for the past month?

Also, SGA is 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan. He's not small.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Gladiator wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:05 pm
BigLewy wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:44 pm
Could it be KD? That'd be something.
Lebron would my guess (KD would be incredible though)
Flex did like this tweet

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Can we get photoshop of 1996 Michael Jordan in a Valley jersey to see if he 'likes' that one too?