Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:51 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:45 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:21 pm
TOO wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:14 pm
Still, he relies on other people to get him those shots, he is not a shot creator, that is what this team is lacking.
That’s what point guards, shooting guards and small forwards are for. Not centers.
Tell that to Embiid, Jokic, and Giannis.
Giannis is a PF. ;)
Which is not a guard, SG, or SF, is it? :)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:38 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:02 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:58 pm
Look had CP3 been healthy, Ayton would have had better looks and teams would not have been able to blitz Booker to great affect in the mavs series.
The offense couldn’t adjust on the floor. Ayton bitched about not being spoon fed, the rest of the team couldn’t get its shit together either. Cam Payne was a total no show too.
I don’t hold it against Ayton for not getting his number of pick and rolls, but I do think he laid a fucking egg being soft as shit half the time. He didn’t dominAyt on the boards or fight for better positioning. He bitched to his coach and sulked.
If any player had the rights to bitch over his team it’s Book having endured years of bullshit teammates.
Exactly. I do not blame our early exit on Ayton. Our entire team sucked, regardless if they were injured. But I only saw one person outwardly quit.
Oh, I think they all pretty much quit that last game. Ayton's the one whose frustration boiled over, but the Revenge Tour Bus had its engine seize prior to game 7.
True, the whole thing is still a UFO for me. Unidentified F'ing Occurrence.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LOL, FF. No stone unturned. :D
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He gone

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Something to be discussed around the whole Ayton thing regards what about the PG position?
Does having another star make for a healthy CP3 in the post season?
What are the implications of paying star $ for CP3 when he may not be reliable at all?
Does having Saric back “unlock Cam Payne?” -as Indy puts it.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

It appears that Ayton has not been part of most the team's activities off the court. Maybe he really wants to get out of town.

That still does not justify Booker's, Paul's, Johnson's and Mikal's total disappearance in game 7, for that matter most of the playoffs.

What a shame. This team seemed so special.

WTF happened after game 2 against the Mav's. Monty said that we were prepared for anything the Mav's could do.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm
Something to be discussed around the whole Ayton thing regards what about the PG position?
What are the implications of paying star $ for CP3 when he may not be reliable at all?
Not my quote--I think it was maybe Split?--but I do agree with the sentiment. Saric is an above average facilitator from the Center spot, and having an attacking guard play with him helps both of them a lot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m cool giving Payne another shot at the backup pg spot, assuming we add a stretch big or play Saric as that really does seem to be a need for him and I agree with Indy it helps Saric too to have a downhill pg. Just make sure he’s not our 3rd ball handler. We need someone else and it can’t be Shamet either.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:56 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Not my quote--I think it was maybe Split?--but I do agree with the sentiment. Saric is an above average facilitator from the Center spot, and having an attacking guard play with him helps both of them a lot.
And the interior defense and rebounding will be shit.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Hell no done with Payne as our backup PG. Would rather keep Holiday as the third, move Payne and get someone more reliable

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:00 pm
Indy wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
I don't think anyone is saying he should be the starter. And McGee's defense was pretty shitty this year, so i am not sure it would be much different. Just bad in a different way.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I don’t want Javale back. I’d go Biz/Saric/Someone else

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:00 pm
Indy wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
I think Saric does fine. We’re talking about him going against 2nd units here. He’s no rim protector, but he plays solid positional defense and he’s fine as a rebounder. Just need others to contribute.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:23 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Indy wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
Look had CP3 been healthy, Ayton would have had better looks and teams would not have been able to blitz Booker to great affect in the mavs series.
The offense couldn’t adjust on the floor. Ayton bitched about not being spoon fed, the rest of the team couldn’t get its shit together either. Cam Payne was a total no show too.
I don’t hold it against Ayton for not getting his number of pick and rolls, but I do think he laid a fucking egg being soft as shit half the time. He didn’t dominAyt on the boards or fight for better positioning. He bitched to his coach and sulked.
If any player had the rights to bitch over his team it’s Book having endured years of bullshit teammates.
Exactly. I do not blame our early exit on Ayton. Our entire team sucked, regardless if they were injured. But I only saw one person outwardly quit.
Oh, I think they all pretty much quit that last game. Ayton's the one whose frustration boiled over, but the Revenge Tour Bus had its engine seize prior to game 7.
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks something happened internally that they aren't talking about. How else do you explain that colossal collapse? We went from absolutely dominating teams to that. I don't get what happened.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:53 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:23 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Indy wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks something happened internally that they aren't talking about. How else do you explain that colossal collapse? We went from absolutely dominating teams to that. I don't get what happened.
Gotta be something like that. They all looked like zombies in game 7. And not the fast World War Z zombies either.
"Be Legendary."

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:36 pm
I don’t want Javale back. I’d go Biz/Saric/Someone else
I’m dizzy so far with what’s happened. Javale is a glue guy, put up good numbers in regular season and was very entertaining. I’d argue he had more fun dunks than Ayton this year. He was great offensively. It’s just in the playoffs he doesn’t really have a solid role. Especially when the team is down, he tends to gamble on D and get blown by. He just needs to stay down. IDK, there definitely needs to be a retooling regardless if we keep Ayton or not. Book is the only guy that feels essential -probably Bridges too.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

They say the better team always wins a 7 game series. But the Mavs were clearly not the better team. We just quit. Weird that there haven't been any substantial rumors about it.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He has PJ Tucker syndrome on offense, he thinks he has way more ability than he actually does. He gambles on D and I just don’t think he plays smart ball for the playoffs. He’s fancy and fun but not someone you want to rely on. He’s a solid third C situationally

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:52 am
They say the better team always wins a 7 game series. But the Mavs were clearly not the better team. We just quit. Weird that there haven't been any substantial rumors about it.
Yep, I can't think of a more disappointing exit in the history of my Suns' fandom. At least previous teams fought until the end and weren't totally humiliated.
"Be Legendary."