Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SunsRIt

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by SunsRIt »

Looks like a Charlotte Hornets jersey.

I do low-key like it though.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

You know the one I liked that most people hated? I liked the grey "ash" ones with sleeves around the time Bledsoe was with the team. I know the players hated the sleeves, and I don't blame them cause I wouldn't play in sleeves either, but I would have bought one of those if I couldn't find it at the time just to wear around.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Those City Edition uniforms are bad. The color palate is barely Arizona adjacent and the overall design is lazy. The gradient number is horrendous.

If they want to keep the teal and copper palate, they should've swapped them. A copper/burnt orange base with teal trim would've been better, but I don't know if they would sell as well.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't mind them all that much. Sure, they could have done better honoring the native Americans in AZ. The turquoise colors make sense, but the numbers gradient looks like a bomb pop.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I also kinda like them. I wouldn’t want to switch to them as a primary uniform, but for like 10 games? Ya I like it

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:36 pm
I've seen worse. I honestly don't find it terrible.
It has no Suns colors. It’s awful to me. OKC Jersey

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oof. I am not a fan. I know that color has a certain connection to the desert, but it isn't a Suns color IMO. It just looks like some other team's jersey, like Charlotte or OKC or wherever. And the red-to-turquoise gradient on the number "1" looks like that Aquafresh toothpaste with red and blue stripes in it.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I can see where the DA love came from his playoffs performance two years ago. It frankly saved his career with the Suns. DA stans would do well to acknowledge how split their arguments get when they ignore and minimize his shortcomings. They have to explain it away by blaming someone else.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:51 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
But then it would just be like every iteration of the jersey that has come before it. I get it. It's loud. I have a thing for the Toronto Blue Jays alternate unis so this oddly scratches that itch. And who doesn't love bomb pops?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Would Luke Kennard be gettable from LAC? I think clippers would be hesitant to help us out, but a Payne/Craig for Kennard deal would be great for us. We’d have to add some sort of asset to get them to bite, but it would save them money this year and next year. Also is Kennard really necessary for them? They’ve got Wall and Jackson at the 1 and then they’ve got like 10 guys who can play 2-4(Kawhi, PG, Powell, Mann, Morris, Covington, Batum, Coffey, Kennard) even Brandon Boston showed flashes.

What about Payne/Craig and a heavily protected 1st(like top 25 protected or I’d even go top 27-28 if that’s possible) for Kennard.

It would only be protected for 1 year and would turn into 2023 and 2024 2nds if it doesn’t transfer this year.

That gives us an 8-man rotation of Paul-Booker-Bridges-Crowder-Ayton with Kennard-CamJ-Saric as our main bench pieces. Lee/Shamet/Okogie and Landale/Biyombo/Wainright would fight for the other two rotation spots.

I think it also keeps a KD trade alive as you can still trade 4 1sts(though the 2023 one would only transfer if it doesn’t go to LAC so you’d need to have an alternate option for them if LAC gets the pick). Kennard could also be included in the trade after 60 days, so if you do the trade soon you can acquire KD before the season starts still. I’m not sure if Brooklyn would want Kennard, but he’s a good young player that helps keep them afloat if they don’t want to bottom out. That would give us a 4th or 5th tradeable player that could play rotation minutes(Mikal, Crowder, CamJ, and Kennard. Saric would be the 5th depending on how he looks).

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:22 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:51 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
But then it would just be like every iteration of the jersey that has come before it. I get it. It's loud. I have a thing for the Toronto Blue Jays alternate unis so this oddly scratches that itch. And who doesn't love bomb pops?
Ya and it’s not like we are getting rid of purple/orange. I’d get being upset if this was our primary jersey, but it’s literally one of 5 or 6. We’re also bringing back what is often mentioned as a favorite with the Barkley-KJ era purple sunburst. I saw the mock-ups of what’s supposed to be our primary purple/white jerseys this year and I gotta say I didn’t love them. I did like the black one ok.

Here’s my ideal jersey lineup:

Black - Keep the Valley jerseys
Purple - Run with the 90’s era throwback sunburst
Orange - Honestly not sure, have we had a great orange?
White - Give me those retro white with sunburst shorts
City - Get crazy with this one(like the teal one)

I’d also be cool with going white sunburst and keeping the purple jerseys we’ve used the last few years.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I will say we had a run from like the late 90’s to mid 2010’s where looking back I really don’t like our jerseys. Those Kidd to the 7SOL team jerseys with the like ring around the number on the front are pretty awful.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:06 pm
Would Luke Kennard be gettable from LAC? I think clippers would be hesitant to help us out, but a Payne/Craig for Kennard deal would be great for us.
We'd badly need to address the backup PG issue if we did this.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:42 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:06 pm
Would Luke Kennard be gettable from LAC? I think clippers would be hesitant to help us out, but a Payne/Craig for Kennard deal would be great for us.
We'd badly need to address the backup PG issue if we did this.
No more than we already do in my opinion. I just don’t think we should go into the season counting on Payne to be the primary guard off the bench. Kennard isn’t a pg, but he’s a better player than Payne and can run some offense. I’d envision a scenario where CP3/Booker/Kennard would take up most of the guard minutes. At least during the playoffs. I would want to add another pg that can compete for the backup pg minutes with Shamet during the regular season, but I think we need that now.

I see Payne as a 9th/10th man at this point. He can be our 4th guard and get minutes when he’s playing well, but last season didn’t give me confidence that we can trust him to handle the 3rd guard role. I see Shamet in a similar light. This move gives us a real 3rd guard. I’d favor that over keeping more of a true pg on the roster. I also think we can easily replace Payne with a FA signing or buyout guy.

I’d gladly swap Shamet and Payne in the deal, but not sure why LAC would do that. They no longer save money this year or next by bringing in Shamet.

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:56 pm
If Book gets his own shoe(FINALLY), me and my son are 1st in line

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok. I believe you.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Blame my phone, lol

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

PG is a priority
CP3 aint playing everygame

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I agree. We should demand the Clippers throw in PG with Kennard.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Sup peeps
Been a minute but saw my boy come across the timeline. Not surprised to hear he has this perspective and although I've really stopped following the KD stuff.....
If it's to happen I figure he's a goner but as for his comments, I was on here last season trying to make "Off the Dribble" Cam a thing in the game day threads lol. I still feel there's some potential there and glad to hear as he should that he's focused on that, interesting that he references being ball dominant at school but having to lock in to being a shooter as his role for the League.

No breaking news here, but Suns player or not obviously I gonna stay pulling for dude ☺️✌🏾
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)