Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:35 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:03 am
He's had way to many games where he's closer to 0-10 than 6-10, imo. It felt like he was super cold going into the playoffs and for almost the entire playoffs, waiting for him to breakout into his typical hot streak. It just makes him a non-weapon, once again, imo.
He never took 10 threes this year. And he only had 14 games all season where he took at least 8.

In 5/14 of those games he shot less than 30% and in 4 he shot +50%. Most of those 14 games were over 40%.

In the playoffs he only had 1 game where he took 8 threes and he shot 63%.
Yes, glad you went through exercise to make sure this was correct. I admit it was my perception of him and how he shot.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

I felt the same way, so I figured I would check.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't know about that statement but I love when he does this:

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's usually when he pulls a hammy lol.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:19 am
I don't know about that statement but I love when he does this:

I think I remember this play. If I remember right, there was a turnover on the other side of the floor that didn't even involve him. He would have been totally fine if he had just "given up" on the play. And it's not the only instance of him doing this; I love how he leads by example.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... OhqncOzga4

They're going to need more than that for me to pay $189.99
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:38 pm
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... OhqncOzga4

They're going to need more than that for me to pay $189.99
I'll just do $19.99 a month for the Suns season and cancel the rest of the year.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

I'd think about paying that if their app didn't suck. I mean, it isn't just bad. It is like that Homer quote about the team last night.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

So how do you guys streaming currently watch tnt/ESPN games

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Found this article kinda fun…I’m looking forward to a few of the others as well. To me, assuming we don’t make a big move, this season should be about seeing what Mikal, Ayton, and CamJ can do.

It’s easier to do when you’ve won, but we need to take a cue from the Warriors. Being healthy and fresh for the playoffs should be a bigger goal than winning every game. Make CP3 sit out, or at least cut his minutes back at times. Way back in b2b scenarios. I want to see Ayton, Mikal, and CamJ have to run plays and initiate offense. Who cares if we lose games because of it.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Split T wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:28 am

Found this article kinda fun…I’m looking forward to a few of the others as well. To me, assuming we don’t make a big move, this season should be about seeing what Mikal, Ayton, and CamJ can do.

It’s easier to do when you’ve won, but we need to take a cue from the Warriors. Being healthy and fresh for the playoffs should be a bigger goal than winning every game. Make CP3 sit out, or at least cut his minutes back at times. Way back in b2b scenarios. I want to see Ayton, Mikal, and CamJ have to run plays and initiate offense. Who cares if we lose games because of it.
You forgot to mention how much the Warriors are paying in luxury tax. It's easier to have quality backups when you are paying them more.

Split T

Post by Split T »

That certainly helps them, but wasn’t really part of what I was trying to say. The warriors didn’t care too much about regular season wins…we very much did. That’s all I’m saying. We need to not care as much and let our non CP3/Booker players try stuff.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Assuming everyone is roughly the same as last year(assume slight improvements from the 25 and under guys, slight decreases from the 33 and older guys) answer these 2 questions.

1. Who making a leap would most benefit the team?
2. Who is most likely to make a leap?

1. I think it’s got to be Ayton. His ceiling is higher than anyone else. Though I think you could say Booker here. If he fully jumped into top 5 in the league status, that would be huge.

2. This is tough, I’m not sure anyone stands out though. I think I’m leaning towards Cam Johnson. I think regardless of what happens with Crowder that CamJ is starting and his offensive game is going to open up more this year.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:35 am
My wife and I both got a good laugh out of this.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That Inside Jr video was super cute. And the guy's voices (sans Kenny) were pretty decent, too. The comedy in the video was pretty hit-and-miss, but it was cute and well made and I still liked it a lot. And I love that EJ himself saw it and got a kick out of it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:46 am
Assuming everyone is roughly the same as last year(assume slight improvements from the 25 and under guys, slight decreases from the 33 and older guys) answer these 2 questions.

1. Who making a leap would most benefit the team?
2. Who is most likely to make a leap?

1. I think it’s got to be Ayton. His ceiling is higher than anyone else. Though I think you could say Booker here. If he fully jumped into top 5 in the league status, that would be huge.

2. This is tough, I’m not sure anyone stands out though. I think I’m leaning towards Cam Johnson. I think regardless of what happens with Crowder that CamJ is starting and his offensive game is going to open up more this year.
even if we don't swing big for KD or something the next tier down, I think Jae is gone. Maybe not by training camp, but certainly before the trade deadline. And we are going to miss his defense.