Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Split T »

From Jake Fischer:
Phoenix has called rivals to measure Jae Crowder’s value on the trade market, sources said, while the Suns have been linked once again to Eric Gordon. Phoenix held discussions with Houston to acquire Gordon, a former teammate of Chris Paul with the Rockets, back at February’s trade deadline. Phoenix is also said to be searching for a second-round selection.
Also says we have let rival teams know that we wouldn’t balk at matching a max offer sheet for Ayton

It’s in this article:

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Listen, if Dejounte is available you trade anyone not named Booker to get him. You want DA and two first round picks? You got it. You want Bridges and a pick? Sure thing. Whatever you want. The Suns have got to make that call.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I’d personally give Gregg Popovich a hand job if it meant we could get Dejounte Murray.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:57 pm
I’d personally give Gregg Popovich a hand job if it meant we could get Dejounte Murray.
I will alert the Suns of your offer.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You guys sound bored. Here ya go:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

If we trade for Dejounte, someone needs to photoshop CP, Book and DM’s heads on to that pic of Dragic, IT and Bledsoe.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Spurs trading Murray makes no fuckin sense.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Murray is a good but not great player. I don't think he'll ever be the second guy on a contender, but his salary the next two years makes him a really good fit as a third guy.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This isn’t totally fair, but it did make me cringe.

JJ out here talking about how the draft doesn’t yield players that can contribute immediately, but give me Herb Jones’ season (and contract) over Landry Shamet’s 100 times out of 100.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Agree with the specific example, but it isn't often you get a player like that with the 30th pick. And there is a reason that Wood cost so little. The Grant deal is much stranger, though. I think they were just clearing cap money to make 2 max offers.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I like DeJounte, but he’s an odd fit with CP3…he doesn’t shoot. I’d like him in a post CP3 world as the PG next to Booker and Ayton at the 5. I agree with whoever said he’s probably a 3rd guy. He’s like a suped up Rubio to me.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

If Ayton refuses a sign and trade to sign an offer sheet, Suns better match and play his ass for the year. He his trade value will keep a year from now when he will have 3 years left on a max.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:57 am
This guy. I mean we would move anyone in the right deal... (not a shot at you Shel for posting it)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea but Jae's probably been deemed most expendable and the guy we'd look to upgrade given his age and contract. I don't think it's breaking news we've made him available but you'd better make the right deal because he brings a lot to the court and really helps solidify our defensive identity.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Most expendable or the worst player in our starting 5 on a good contract that everyone thinks gives their team extra toughness and intangibles? And while we are set to decide on Cam's future which will certainly not be a bench wing making 17M.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I would argue he in fact does bring toughness and intangibles. But he's best suited for a bench role and we probably overextended him a bit as a starting 4. I'd be good starting Cam and bringing Jae off the bench just the same.

Indy

Post by Indy »

yeah I didn't say that as a slight. He does those things. The way I worded that made it seem like it wasn't true, but that isn't what I meant. I would like to see him come off the bench (I think that is his best role) but I really want to find someone that can dribble and create their own shot. Even if that is for 15 minutes a game.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Well the Clips are making Luke Kennard available....