2022 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:19 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Landry took the most 3PA/36 of any rotation player on the team and hit them as well as anyone except CamJ/Book. The problem is he was our #1 scoring option off the bench for our back court. He needed to take more shots.
He’s paid to be our #1 scoring option off the bench. So therefore it is the expectation.

Don’t Akshually me.
No he isn't. That was Cam Payne. He was our highest paid bench player (and also took the most shots per game). Then you have Cam J that took way more shots per game and was paid more.

Just saying things over and over doesn't make them true.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5960
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:21 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:19 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Landry took the most 3PA/36 of any rotation player on the team and hit them as well as anyone except CamJ/Book. The problem is he was our #1 scoring option off the bench for our back court. He needed to take more shots.
He’s paid to be our #1 scoring option off the bench. So therefore it is the expectation.

Don’t Akshually me.
No he isn't. That was Cam Payne. He was our highest paid bench player (and also took the most shots per game). Then you have Cam J that took way more shots per game and was paid more.

Just saying things over and over doesn't make them true.
Look at his extension. The minute he signed his extension the expectation changed. You love just missing the point and trying to pin someone on a formality

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 5935
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ammm ok yung fella



Jalen Green said something about being a 20pt scorer or top ten scorer in the league, that he doesn't think that NBA defense is much different and ppl roasted him after his slow start
He did start going crazy later in the season though

Either way my guy here easily beats that quote for bravado lol
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:15 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:21 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:19 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Landry took the most 3PA/36 of any rotation player on the team and hit them as well as anyone except CamJ/Book. The problem is he was our #1 scoring option off the bench for our back court. He needed to take more shots.
He’s paid to be our #1 scoring option off the bench. So therefore it is the expectation.

Don’t Akshually me.
No he isn't. That was Cam Payne. He was our highest paid bench player (and also took the most shots per game). Then you have Cam J that took way more shots per game and was paid more.

Just saying things over and over doesn't make them true.
Look at his extension. The minute he signed his extension the expectation changed. You love just missing the point and trying to pin someone on a formality
you love missing facts because it fits your feelings.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5960
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:24 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:15 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:21 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:19 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Landry took the most 3PA/36 of any rotation player on the team and hit them as well as anyone except CamJ/Book. The problem is he was our #1 scoring option off the bench for our back court. He needed to take more shots.
He’s paid to be our #1 scoring option off the bench. So therefore it is the expectation.

Don’t Akshually me.
No he isn't. That was Cam Payne. He was our highest paid bench player (and also took the most shots per game). Then you have Cam J that took way more shots per game and was paid more.

Just saying things over and over doesn't make them true.
Look at his extension. The minute he signed his extension the expectation changed. You love just missing the point and trying to pin someone on a formality
you love missing facts because it fits your feelings.
Deflection, classic

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:29 pm
I don't mind Keegan Murray. He'll be a fine starter someday, but he's not going to be better than a role player.

So of course the Kings would pick him over a guy like Jaden Ivey who can actually become a star someday.
Regarding Murray, I disagree. I get the Ivey love, but I think Murray is a stud. I don't have a problem with Sacramento drafting him ahead of Ivey. I do really like Ivey's fit in Detroit though.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:49 pm
Shaedon Sharpe; are we sure he knows how to play basketball?
Loved your commentary throughout the thread; and yeah, if I was a GM I couldn't pull the trigger on burning a lotto pick on someone who hasn't played any basketball outside of high school. And I get that used to be the norm, but I just don't trust it.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5960
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by specialsauce »

He’s alive! And of course in the draft thread!

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:31 pm
Kinda bummed the Suns couldn't get Tari Eason. I really like his skillset and measurables.
Me too. I would have drafted him in the lottery, maybe even top 10. I thought Houston won the draft; I think Jabari Smith is the best player in this class; Banchero and Chet are great, but I would have gone with Smith over them.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:53 pm
He’s alive! And of course in the draft thread!
Ha!

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:03 pm
Now's the annual tradition of every undrafted free agent signing with other teams. Always fun to watch.
I know the Suns don't believe in signing undrafted free agents, but I am holding out hope they bring in John Butler.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

The Bobster wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:51 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:54 am
Landry Shamet nor his contract are a problem.
They're also not part of any kind of solution unless you can find a deal where we throw him in as filler.
Bingo.

I actually like Shamet, but he has stunk in the playoffs everywhere at three different stops now, and he can't consistently capitalize on the tools he has. Giving up a draft pick for him and paying him $10 mil a year is abysmal resource management.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 8595
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I just got nostalgic for when Cam Payne was actually quite good.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

Yeah, I'll be changing my avatar shortly...

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:03 pm
I just got nostalgic for when Cam Payne was actually quite good.
What we got out of Cam Payne versus what we expected was by far the biggest difference on the team during that Finals run.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 8595
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:50 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:49 pm
Shaedon Sharpe; are we sure he knows how to play basketball?
Loved your commentary throughout the thread; and yeah, if I was a GM I couldn't pull the trigger on burning a lotto pick on someone who hasn't played any basketball outside of high school. And I get that used to be the norm, but I just don't trust it.
I appreciate that.

Turns out you were right about Bobby Portis. Been waiting to get that off of my chest.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

LOL, you know that was on my mind during the 2021 Finals.

I think we're going to see something similar with Christian Wood in Dallas.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 25824
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:29 pm
LOL, you know that was on my mind during the 2021 Finals.

I think we're going to see something similar with Christian Wood in Dallas.
I hope not!
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

"I don't think I've ever been that angry shooting a basketball." - Cam Johnson

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 1588
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by virtual9mm »

WELCOME BACK!!!

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 1588
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by virtual9mm »

And damn...with how little it took to get Wood, why didn't the Suns roll the dice on him?

Post Reply