Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Wally_West »

4 team trade idea

Suns- KD

Nets- Donovan Mitchell, Bojan Bogdanovic, Jakob Poeltl, Shamet and 1st from Suns, 2nd round picks

Jazz- CamJ, Dario, Crowder, Devin Vassell, 3 1st from suns plus 2 swaps

Spurs- Ben Simmons

Why?

Nets- Get their all-star in Mitchell, draft picks, get expiring contracts and will still be a competitive team in the East. After the Kyrie/Westbrook trade, they will have 70+ million coming off the books.

Jazz- this would be a better deal than the rumor Knicks deal is plus this deal with get under the cap too.

Spurs- Ben Simmons is still a 3 times all-star, this would be a steal, plus they keep their 10 million of cap space still. I remember there was rumor last year their was mutual interest between them. Spurs are tanking so they can bring Ben Simmons along slowly. No rush to get him back on the court.

Suns- Cuz KD plus a lineup of CP-Book-Mikal-KD-Ayton!!👀

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I still don't get the talk about luxury taxes and KD. Getting KD doesn't have to increase our luxury tax bill at all, if we send out enough salary.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:16 pm
I listened to the Pod, Flex wasn’t wavering at all. Says he still thinks 99% chance KD is on the Suns to start the season. He says he goes back and forth if Mikal will be gone tho.
The fuck?! We’re not trading Paul or Book. We can’t trade Ayton. And we’re going to trade for KD without including Mikal? Impossible. He’s the only valuable asset we have left. The Nets aren’t going to trade KD for just a bunch of expiring contracts and late picks.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:31 pm
Spurs- Ben Simmons is still a 3 times all-star, this would be a steal, plus they keep their 10 million of cap space still. I remember there was rumor last year their was mutual interest between them. Spurs are tanking so they can bring Ben Simmons along slowly. No rush to get him back on the court.
Stop. :lol:
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 pm
Wally_West wrote:
I listened to the Pod, Flex wasn’t wavering at all. Says he still thinks 99% chance KD is on the Suns to start the season. He says he goes back and forth if Mikal will be gone tho.
The fuck?! We’re not trading Paul or Book. We can’t trade Ayton. And we’re going to trade for KD without including Mikal? Impossible. He’s the only valuable asset we have left. The Nets aren’t going to trade KD for just a bunch of expiring contracts and late picks.
The pod was released 2 days ago, so it was before all the Ayton developments that happened today.
Last edited by Wally_West on Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:00 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:31 pm
Stop. :lol:
Lol. All my trades ideas are rosterbations to keep Mikal. I make no apologies. :lol:

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:00 pm
Cap wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 pm
Wally_West wrote:
The pod was released 2 days ago, so it was before all the Ayton developments that happened today.
Today’s developments were not exactly surprising, so they shouldn’t have a big impact on his predictions.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Sounds like wavering to me!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If the KD trade is still hanging out there at the deadline to extend Cam Johnson, what do the Suns do?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:50 pm
Wally_West wrote:
On Mikal being included not about KD coming to the Suns. 8-)

Cap

Post by Cap »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:32 pm
From -105 to -115 is shooting? It isn’t even spitting.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:42 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:50 pm
Wally_West wrote:
On Mikal being included not about KD coming to the Suns. 8-)
Wavering is wavering!!! :P

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:49 pm
OK, Flex. We don't need to hear you explain yourself. Let it go.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

What does Brooklyn say to this offer:

Mikal, Crowder, Saric, Shamet, Payne, Craig and 4 1sts(plus as many swaps as possible) for KD, Harris, and Curry? Maybe switch Curry for Mills if Brooklyn is adamant.

CP3/Booker/CamJ/KD/Ayton with
Curry/Lee/Harris/Wainright/Biyombo off the bench.

Brooklyn probably counter offers with KD/Harris/Mills for Mikal/Crowder/CamJ/Saric/Craig/Payne and all the picks. I don’t know if they’d see getting off Harris deal as a positive though. If not, just scratch it. Would really love to add Curry or Mills to the deal though.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mills can’t be traded until December 15.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Rockets have the right to swap picks with the Nets in 2023, 2025, and 2027. So why wouldn't the Nets acquire the Suns pick in those years and swap in the years when they control their own pick?

Am I missing something or is Gambo really this dumb?

Edit: I just remembered the Suns traded their 2022 pick, so they can't deal or swap their 2023 pick with Brooklyn. I guess he's right about just that one pick. I doubt that really matters in the bigger picture as it doesn't have much value. The 2025 and 2027 pick should have a higher priority for the Nets.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.