Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Split T »

I will say, if Brooklyn really hasn’t shown interest in our players…flipping Cam J to Houston and getting some of Brooklyn’s picks for him would be a huge leverage move for us. Dangling their own picks back to them would be fun.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The problem with that is Jabari Smith is super Cam Johnson and they probably wouldn't want to pay to keep Cam.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I’m not sure if they’d be too interested in him

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If this was the only way to get KD would you do it?

We get Durant and Simmons, and send out Paul/Bridges/Johnson/Shamet. Some of those players go to Utah, and Utah sends Mitchell and filler to Brooklyn.

Our starting lineup would be:
Simmons/Booker/Crowder/Durant/Ayton

Yes or no?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:31 pm

We get Durant and Simmons, and send out Paul/Bridges/Johnson/Shamet. Some of those players go to Utah, and Utah sends Mitchell and filler to Brooklyn.

Yes or no?
At this point, we're rosterbating for the sake of rosterbating. A rebuilding Utah isn't going to want Chris Paul.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Paul could go to Brooklyn with Bridges and/or Johnson going to Utah. Paul is also a partially expiring contract.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:31 pm

Yes or no?
This improves our best player (Booker-->Durant) but doesn't improve our 3rd best player (Ayton in both). You also have to assume Simmons isn't playing or won't play much. I don't think this moves the needle because you are still 1 injury away from only having 1 guy that can dribble the basketball.

Split T

Post by Split T »

No I wouldn’t trade Paul. I get that he’s aging and it might make sense from a basketball standpoint, but I think it’s bad business. He specifically chose to come to us. He’s been a huge part of making us relevant again and I also think he’s a big part of why KD wants to come here in the first place. I also don’t think he’d be appealing to Brooklyn or Utah. He has way more value for us, so it just isn’t a scenario that’s even a possibility. I think CP3 is retiring here. I just don’t see a scenario where we trade him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:09 am
I like Robinson, I don't think his contract is that bad if you're using him, for some weird reason, he just fell out of favor in Miami.
He stopped hitting shots! :)
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

He also can't play a lick of defense.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

When three moderators post in a row, Ayton gets 8 hours of sleep!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flex desperate for air time:

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just got back from a week-long family trip, and I thought / hoped that a KD deal would be done by the time I got back. Alas.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:47 am

In Felix's defense, it was proposed by someone else, not him reaching out to get more air time.

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

It is kind of a click bait style tweet though…makes you think it’s something about KD at first but it’s not

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:40 am
It is kind of a click bait style tweet though…makes you think it’s something about KD at first but it’s not
Yeah, it did feel like that, tbh. Took me a moment to realize it wasn't too.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:20 am
Superbone wrote:

In Felix's defense, it was proposed by someone else, not him reaching out to get more air time.

I saw the sequence of events. I know it was proposed by someone else but then Flex went out of his way to sell himself to @UnpluggedDoug and the Unplugged Army whatever the hell that is.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:03 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I saw the sequence of events. I know it was proposed by someone else but then Flex went out of his way to sell himself to @UnpluggedDoug and the Unplugged Army whatever the hell that is.
Where did he sell himself to them? Idk who the Unplugged Army is either. It looked to me like Doug was sold immediately without even talking to Felix, at 3:39 pm. (Full disclosure: I have never liked Doug Franz' radio personality and thought he might have been the worst one on Phx radio waves that I knew of, so I'm surprised that he has more than a handful of loyal listeners).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:13 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Where did he sell himself to them? Idk who the Unplugged Army is either. It looked to me like Doug was sold immediately without even talking to Felix, at 3:39 pm. (Full disclosure: I have never liked Doug Franz' radio personality and thought he might have been the worst one on Phx radio waves that I knew of, so I'm surprised that he has more than a handful of loyal listeners).
Maybe I'm missing something. Seems pretty clear to me.

On July 13th, S Kent Brown says:
Hey
@UnpluggedDoug
you should have
@FlexFromJersey
on the podcast to talk the KD trade. He is legit and has been on this since May 16th.
Then on July 21st, FLEX says:
Can confirm both sides are in serious discussions to make this happen very soon👀 🤝
@UnpluggedDoug
and the Unplugged Army 🔥💯
As in, "Hey Doug, as Brown said, I know stuff. You should have me on!"
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:08 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:13 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something. Seems pretty clear to me.

On July 13th, S Kent Brown says:
Hey
@UnpluggedDoug
you should have
@FlexFromJersey
on the podcast to talk the KD trade. He is legit and has been on this since May 16th.
Then on July 21st, FLEX says:
Can confirm both sides are in serious discussions to make this happen very soon👀 🤝
@UnpluggedDoug
and the Unplugged Army 🔥💯
As in, "Hey Doug, as Brown said, I know stuff. You should have me on!"
Did you miss where Doug Franz hours before Felix tweets out, Doug responds to Kent Brown and says, "I'm in"?

I'm trying to understand your understanding of the sequence of events and timeline.