Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Split T »

CP3 wouldn’t be gone…I’m basically saying Kyrie would take Cam Payne’s role. Just get rid of him if he’s a problem.

carey

Post by carey »

Anyone else kind of hate that KD put it out there he wants to join the Suns? If it doesn't happen the disappointment is going to be on par with losing the finals.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Carno

Post by Carno »

The KD trade demand was not a surprise, nor his interest in the Suns. I'm not convinced there is a trade that works and makes sense. Gutting the Suns might make the trade work, but does it really make them better? It didn't work for the Nets when they acquired Kyrie, KD and Harden. I would support an Ayton/Cam J/filler + 1-2 picks scenario. 3 picks seems like too much to me.

KD is getting old (33) and has an injury history. Anyone remember the Olajuwon (33)-Barkley (33) -Drexler (34) Rockets? That looked good on paper, but didn't work. The Nets didn't work. The Lakers with Shaq (31), Kobe (25), Malone (40), Payton (35) didn't work and they had a good supporting cast (well they were good, but lost in the finals).

I like KD, but selling the team to get him is a mistake in my opinion.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think at this point he’s coming here. Everything we hear now is just posturing for the best deal for either side. Brooklyn is saying they would need Booker, but they aren’t even eligible to acquire him for the same reason they can’t acquire Bam. They just are trying to get Ayton, Mikal, and Cam out of us imo. There’s really only 2 scenarios that worry me at the moment. New Orleans offering Ingram and a million picks or Boston throwing in Tatum. I think both are unlikely though.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:46 pm
I think at this point he’s coming here. Everything we hear now is just posturing for the best deal for either side. Brooklyn is saying they would need Booker, but they aren’t even eligible to acquire him for the same reason they can’t acquire Bam. They just are trying to get Ayton, Mikal, and Cam out of us imo. There’s really only 2 scenarios that worry me at the moment. New Orleans offering Ingram and a million picks or Boston throwing in Tatum. I think both are unlikely though.
All they have to do is unload Simmons first. You really think they aren't demanding Booker?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

We're at -225 at DK to land KD now. Massive shift from an hour ago. Something close?
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m sure they are asking for him, but it’s just completely infeasible and they know it, it’s a negotiating tactic.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:57 pm
We're at -225 at DK to land KD now. Massive shift from an hour ago. Something close?
I’m telling you it’s happening, just working out details now.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Like I said, suns can do it

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

From Brooklyn's perspective, sources said, there's no deal to land Durant in Phoenix that doesn't start with sending back Devin Booker to Barclays Center. The Suns, of course, would likely hold the line firm. But early indications are the Nets brass is not particularly inclined to take a sign-and-trade that brings back restricted free agent Deandre Ayton.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... sibilities

Fine. We'll keep Ayton. They can have Bridges and Johnson + filler.
Last edited by JeremyG on Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:58 pm
Sunsfan4life wrote:
Flex, it’s that you? :lol:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Me checking my twitter about 1/2 hour ago and seeing the KD bombshell:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Wow just wow. Can't believe this is happening. After game seven I was truly lost as a fan but this KD news brought me back to life again. Let's do this JJ. And please Sarver GTFO Phoenix pls.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Y'all are getting ahead of yourselves. The Nets have given no indication that they will give Ayton the max deal he wants, and there is no indication Ayton wants to sign with the Nets.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:02 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:58 pm
Sunsfan4life wrote:
Flex, it’s that you? :lol:
Let it be known I have no sources haha

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Gambo says Nets do NOT want Ayton.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:08 pm
Y'all are getting ahead of yourselves. The Nets have given no indication that they will give Ayton the max deal he wants, and there is no indication Ayton wants to sign with the Nets.
Well you have gotten ahead of yourself a bit saying Ayton will return nothing but trash…but fair enough…we are just getting a bit excited…hard not to when what would be the best player that has ever donned a suns jersey is this close.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I don't really have an issue with sending them booker if he's going to want max money in his next contract.

I don't think he's a $50 million player.

You would come out ahead in the short term (Durant>>Booker), Brooklyn would come out ahead in the long term if they resigned Booker.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695