Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by specialsauce »

So is KD a Celtic? League offices are open

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:15 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:12 am
If you don't think they had covid I can't convince you.
And if you just spiritually need to assume they had it, I can’t convince you otherwise. Might as well assume they got monkeypox too, since it’s purely just guessing and making completely unfounded excuses
False equivocation my guy. The lack of conversation had only reflects the denialism we’re in. Why’s it unreasonable to think that one of the most infectious viruses on earth had a hand in affecting our team’s play? We know it to be true that there was an outbreak within the organization + the league is taking a don’t test don’t tell approach. I don’t need an excuse to lose. It’s just a logical explanation. There are multiple truths that exist side by side one another. We don’t need to think so reductively. Suns weren’t playing as they had been, there were individual failures, and then covid hit. Then we all watched in horror…

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
And if you just spiritually need to assume they had it, I can’t convince you otherwise. Might as well assume they got monkeypox too, since it’s purely just guessing and making completely unfounded excuses
it isn't an assumption.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And that isn't an excuse for losing the series. Our play in games 3 and 4 is what lost us the series. It should never have made it to a game 6.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:11 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
it isn't an assumption.
It isn’t?

Do you have evidence that would show otherwise? (Socratic method :lol:)

Can you show yourself any talk of two players, actually our best two players having covid? Or do you just need an excuse for why they played like ass? Because they played exactly how they played in games 3 and 4.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:42 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
False equivocation my guy. The lack of conversation had only reflects the denialism we’re in. Why’s it unreasonable to think that one of the most infectious viruses on earth had a hand in affecting our team’s play? We know it to be true that there was an outbreak within the organization + the league is taking a don’t test don’t tell approach. I don’t need an excuse to lose. It’s just a logical explanation. There are multiple truths that exist side by side one another. We don’t need to think so reductively. Suns weren’t playing as they had been, there were individual failures, and then covid hit. Then we all watched in horror…
Orrrrrrrr
They just played like shit and got scared.

Or is that only reflective of against Milwaukee game 6? Because it was deja vu. Also they didn’t play like themselves for most of the Pelicans series. Or the last month of the season, and all their defensive stats showed leaks. But sure, we can believe in conspiracy theories. That seems more likely.

Indy

Post by Indy »

:roll:

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:50 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
Orrrrrrrr

Or is that only reflective of against Milwaukee game 6? Because it was deja vu. Also they didn’t play like themselves for most of the Pelicans series. Or the last month of the season, and all their defensive stats showed leaks. But sure, we can believe in conspiracy theories. That seems more likely.
Their playing like shit was historic. Is that the only way you can explain things is through a primitive masculine trope?
That they got scared? These are professional athletes with hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions invested into their body. Clinically there is an element past they just weren’t tough or man enough. It’s not conspiracy, the specificity in-which professional sports exists is straight up clinical in the world we live in now. Yeah they got outplayed, out coached. But it’s reasonable to think they probably had covid? Yeah. I don’t need an aluminum hat to say that. I do therapy for people grieving loved ones and people who are disabled and incredibly in debt because of covid took them out of work. Shit is real.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:23 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
Orrrrrrrr

Their playing like shit was historic. Is that the only way you can explain things is through a primitive masculine trope?
That they got scared? These are professional athletes with hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions invested into their body. Clinically there is an element past they just weren’t tough or man enough. It’s not conspiracy, the specificity in-which professional sports exists is straight up clinical in the world we live in now. Yeah they got outplayed, out coached. But it’s reasonable to think they probably had covid? Yeah. I don’t need an aluminum hat to say that. I do therapy for people grieving loved ones and people who are disabled and incredibly in debt because of covid took them out of work. Shit is real.
Yeah yeah, they played like shit and scared, it’s not that they played exactly like they did in Milwaukee but it’s a Covid conspiracy that is more realistic. And the proof is that you help people who have lost loved ones due to Covid, so that directly corresponds to this. Makes sense

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:00 pm
:roll:
I guess that means you don’t have anything, but yet it’s not an assumption.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:28 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Orrrrrrrr

Yeah yeah, they played like shit and scared, it’s not that they played exactly like they did in Milwaukee but it’s a Covid conspiracy that is more realistic. And the proof is that you help people who have lost loved ones due to Covid, so that directly corresponds to this. Makes sense
I’m just not calling it conspiracy. I don’t need my sports to fit my worldview. Perhaps it was only they got outplayed. I don’t need it to be anything one way or the other. But do enjoy your absolutes.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:31 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:

Orrrrrrrr

I’m just not calling it conspiracy. I don’t need my sports to fit my worldview. Perhaps it was only they got outplayed. I don’t need it to be anything one way or the other. But do enjoy your absolutes.
We know each other so well.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:31 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:

Orrrrrrrr

It is a conspiracy. That not only did it just coincidentally happen to be our two best players contracted Covid, kept it hush hush without any leaks, and that just happens to be the reason we lost.

What a giant leap of a conclusion to come to. Not the fact that it’s more likely that we just sucked, just as we did in prior games in the series or against the Pelicans.

I’m going to start blaming all our losses on Covid.

If you have Covid you shouldn’t play. Otherwise, you don’t have covid. There’s not a single report out that mentions CP3 or Booker having Covid. None. Not one. Bottom line is, they sucked for a second consecutive year when the going got tough

Indy

Post by Indy »

okay

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We just don't know how widespread it was. At least one player seems to have had it, along with some staff. It could have been more; it's highly contagious. It seems likely that it affected our playoff performance, though it is hard to say whether it cost us the series or not. It certainly would explain what folks could see with their own eyes, that something seemed "off" about several of our players in Game 7 and even arguably before that. I believe Dallas also had a COVID outbreak in their following series against the Warriors.

https://theathletic.com/3353821/2022/06 ... protocols/

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:35 pm
We just don't know how widespread it was. At least one player seems to have had it, along with some staff. It could have been more; it's highly contagious. It seems likely that it affected our playoff performance, though it is hard to say whether it cost us the series or not. It certainly would explain what folks could see with their own eyes, that something seemed "off" about several of our players in Game 7 and even arguably before that. I believe Dallas also had a COVID outbreak in their following series against the Warriors.

https://theathletic.com/3353821/2022/06 ... protocols/
So one player is CP3 and Book?

And they had it game 3 and 4 right? And the two games they lost to the Pelicans as well? And the stumble down the stretch of the regular season? And Game 6 in Milwaukee?

It can’t just be that disciplined defensive teams can get in our heads and make us play their game. It can’t be that Mikal, Cam J and company have shrunk twice as the games got tougher.

Total stretch to me. Cop out.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I think it was a combination of things - poor coaching, injured (and/or sick) players, coasting going into the playoffs, bad individual matchups, poor bench play - so we may never have one clear reason.

They weren't playing like they did during most of the regular season, and unless you're playing at the top of your game you aren't going to make it through the postseason. End of story.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t know why you keep bringing up game 6 of Milwaukee, that was not anywhere close to what we witnessed in Dallas. We played fine against Milwaukee, just got beat by a better team. I also don’t think we sucked against the Pels. We had some struggles without our best player, but that’s normal, especially against an 8 seed that was way better than their seed. We were fine against the Pels.

I’m not saying I buy the covid excuse though either. We sucked the final 5 games. I do believe something was wrong with CP3. We’ve never seen him play that poorly in 5 straight games. Maybe it was covid, maybe it was an injury, but something was up. Is it just as simple as losing our driver through the whole team off? I don’t know why we played so poorly as a team. None of us do. I agree covid seems like an easy excuse, but it does make sense that something was up. We have lots of data to show us that the team we saw games 3-7 was not the team we saw all season. Hopefully we just win this year and we don’t have to rehash the last two years of blown chances for the rest of time.

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

I don't know if they had covid or not, nor when, but if they have, it could have affected their overall stamina. Remember Saric last year ? It might take time to get it back, even with the "lighter but more contagious" variants.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Not a lot new here, but it condenses most of the stuff we've been hearing into one article.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2022 ... ylen-brown