Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:59 pm
If anyone thinks the difference in us winning a championship this year or last was
not getting a 5G chip with monkeypox/Covid/naegleria implanted into the brains of 10 players (ITS A FACT Not an assumption!) you are deluding yourselves.
You’re nuts

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:49 am
Okay. So now what’s plan B? Plan B can’t be to run it back. That would be a terrible off-season. It doesn’t have to be huge moves, but we need 2 players that are more impactful at the backup 1 and 4 spots than what we currently have.
Been saying that/asking that for weeks...because we pretty much knew this was the likely outcome for at least a month now...and we haven't done jack to really address the major concerns...not a single substantive move...

Split T

Post by Split T »

Upgrade Crowder and upgrade Payne.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Okay. So now what’s plan B? Plan B can’t be to run it back. That would be a terrible off-season. It doesn’t have to be huge moves, but we need 2 players that are more impactful at the backup 1 and 4 spots than what we currently have.
It does. Improving on the margins doesn't fix our biggest problem. We have a 36 year old PG as our 2nd best player. That isn't going to cut it. And Booker has been injured during both of our playoff runs. We need someone to push Paul to be our 3rd best player if we want a chance to win. Getting a better backup 1 or 4 or whatever isn't going to do that.

If you were willing to finally cash in the assets you have been hoarding for a superstar, cash in a little less for an all-star.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thread over.
"Be Legendary."

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:09 am
specialsauce wrote:
It does. Improving on the margins doesn't fix our biggest problem. We have a 36 year old PG as our 2nd best player. That isn't going to cut it. And Booker has been injured during both of our playoff runs. We need someone to push Paul to be our 3rd best player if we want a chance to win. Getting a better backup 1 or 4 or whatever isn't going to do that.

If you were willing to finally cash in the assets you have been hoarding for a superstar, cash in a little less for an all-star.
Obviously marginal talent won’t cut it. But I think Clarkson + Bogdanivc would do miracles for us for the right deal if we can retain Cam J and Bridges.
Having all our pick should allow us to get the talent we need.
Granted, I’d prefer an All Star talent, but who?
Does utah wanna send us Mitchell for a trade involving Cam + picks? I’d gladly take OG from Raptors for a pick plus expiring contracts.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Can we just take this opportunity to point out that FLEX from Jersey never knew anything and was always completely full of shit?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:32 pm
Ayton was told in many ways that we don't believe he is worth the max and we actively shopped him. I don't see him taking that and saying "well now I want to play better than ever for this team and I will work harder at this than ever before." I hope he proves me wrong.

But put me in the camp of trading anyone on the team if it means we have a better chance at winning a ring. Isn't that what we have been clamoring for, only to come up empty for over 50 years?
If I am playing on a team that I don’t feel respects my great talents enough for my ego to allow even though they just paid me a max contract and decide I want to go play for a team that does give me the love I deserve, how do I go about that? Do I pout and suck on purpose? Is that going to make another team want to pay the max max I so richly deserve? The reputation of Ayton is that he doesn’t take it seriously enough and is soft around the rim.

I must be a weird because if I was in his position I would want to prove them all wrong by kicking ass and becoming the best most dominant big man in the league. Then you get your new contract with your trade, success and you get to rub your old teams nose in it as you beat them in the playoffs. Intentionally not playing well to spite your old team makes them look right for not giving you what you wanted and makes you look spiteful and not as dominant as you claim to be. It’s a lose lose for Ayton if he chooses that route.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:51 am
Can we just take this opportunity to point out that FLEX from Jersey never knew anything and was always completely full of shit?
I don’t think that’s fair…did he exaggerate our chances? For sure, but his initial claim was that a superstar wanted to come play in Phoenix. That was completely true no?

KD asked out and had Phoenix atop his wish list. Flex clearly has a source even if he exaggerates some stuff
Last edited by Split T on Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If you read all 56 pages of KD trade talk, you will never get those minutes back.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This is fun.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Beverley is pretty easily in my top 3 of most disliked players of all time…Bowen and Horry are the others.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:07 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
I don’t think that’s fair…did he exaggerate our chances? For sure, but his initial claim was that a superstar wanted to come play in Phoenix. That was completely true no?

KD asked out and had Phoenix atop his wish list. Flex clearly has a source even if he exaggerates some stuff
He said over and over that KD was joining the Suns, matter of time, just be patient, etc. He then later hedged a little and said it was "99%" going to happen. Dude never knew anything and was just spouting nonsense.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:52 pm
Split T wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

He said over and over that KD was joining the Suns, matter of time, just be patient, etc. He then later hedged a little and said it was "99%" going to happen. Dude never knew anything and was just spouting nonsense.
I don't know how you've reached this conclusion when KD himself requested a trade to Phoenix or Miami.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Ya that’s the exaggeration part, but he also said KD wanted to come to the suns weeks before anyone else reported it. I get that he’s frustrating because he will always skew things towards the suns and paint it in a positive light, but he does have a source, I don’t think that’s even remotely a question. Remember he also reported the CP3 trade weeks before it went national.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:01 pm
I think Beverley is pretty easily in my top 3 of most disliked players of all time…Bowen and Horry are the others.
This times a million. Patrick Beverly is a worthless piece of human flesh.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeesh. We all have dumb opinions about basketball as well.

I don't care for the guy, but it's not like he killed someone.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:09 am
specialsauce wrote:

I agree, I just don’t think that’s going to happen. So if it isn’t, at least upgrade your other weakest links

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:27 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Ya that’s the exaggeration part, but he also said KD wanted to come to the suns weeks before anyone else reported it. I get that he’s frustrating because he will always skew things towards the suns and paint it in a positive light, but he does have a source, I don’t think that’s even remotely a question. Remember he also reported the CP3 trade weeks before it went national.
Flex can fuck off