Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Jones won't make any significant moves until KD's situation is resolved, which now seems like it could last until the trade deadline.

So, while you're right in pointing out the periphery areas that could be upgraded, it's not really worth getting into because Jones is big game hunting.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:44 pm
Right, but we're not going to cut Crowder or CamJ's minutes at the 4 or make Payne a 3rd string guard who doesn't play. Seems the plan was "trade for KD and thin the roster out, then make another signing or two" or, "stand pat with minimal additions" (Okogie, Lee, Londale).
If so, that’s a mistake. If KD isn’t happening, we need to make some trades and *gasp* use the TPMLE on someone like Schroder or Kemba.

Indy

Post by Indy »

But what if KD is happening (or at least KD is telling his people who then tell Book/CP3s people, who tell Jones)? Do you wait if you are even 75% sure it will happen by the deadline?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:40 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:39 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:21 pm
We used half on McGee and didn't need the leftover for Biz. Our roster is pretty full as it is and I don't doubt we'd use it if we sent out 4-5 guys in a KD deal and had the roster space/minutes. But no point using it on someone we don't currently have a role for, as much as we'd like to upgrade from someone like Shamet or Jae (as a PF). And anyone worth the TPMLE probably looks at our roster and wonders where the minutes are.
We desperately need a big 4 and a point guard better than cam Payne.
Yup
Agree on the big 4, but not sure on PG. I think we need another ball handler that can also create, but I don't think it needs to be a PG. We just need a guard better than any guard we have not named Book or Paul.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:36 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:38 pm
Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:35 pm
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
I see this quote used a lot. And, separate from the question of whether the Suns should run their team back next year, I think this quote is misused in this case and in many other cases where it's used. There are lots of cases where you do "the same thing" again and it succeeds the next time. Ever try to call somebody and they don't answer? Ever call back and reach them? Have you ever asked a guy/gal out once, they say no, but the next time they go for it? Have you ever tried to do something hard that required several tries, like: a handstand? solve a Rubik's cube? jump rope? juggle? Trying again is quite often a way to succeed despite failing the last time.
We bloody COLLAPSED, Mori...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.basket ... -mavericks
Don’t make the mistake of blaming the collapse on lack of talent. Im pretty sure something was in their heads that we still don’t know about. Was it Booker/Jenner? COVID? Infighting? Something else? Who knows, but there was something. Game 7 was all mental. Everything about it.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This dude apparently has gotten many things right in the past so take it how ever you want.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Pro Sports Insider. First to announce Carson Wentz trade; Bryce Harper signing; James Harden trade; Morey hiring; Castellanos signing

Putting stuff like that in your Twitter bio is a red flag.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SunsRIt wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:39 pm
Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:36 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:38 pm
Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:35 pm
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
I see this quote used a lot. And, separate from the question of whether the Suns should run their team back next year, I think this quote is misused in this case and in many other cases where it's used. There are lots of cases where you do "the same thing" again and it succeeds the next time. Ever try to call somebody and they don't answer? Ever call back and reach them? Have you ever asked a guy/gal out once, they say no, but the next time they go for it? Have you ever tried to do something hard that required several tries, like: a handstand? solve a Rubik's cube? jump rope? juggle? Trying again is quite often a way to succeed despite failing the last time.
We bloody COLLAPSED, Mori...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.basket ... -mavericks
Don’t make the mistake of blaming the collapse on lack of talent. Im pretty sure something was in their heads that we still don’t know about. Was it Booker/Jenner? COVID? Infighting? Something else? Who knows, but there was something. Game 7 was all mental. Everything about it.
If we collapsed game 7, what did we do game 3,4 and 6? Just get our ass handed to us in embarrassing fashion? Sounds a lot like a synonym for collapse.

We were way too predictable. Blitz Booker, let CP3 get worn down on D and as the playoffs go deeper, and play up on DA to make him passive. Watch the rest of the supporting cast crumble because they’re used to being supporting not relied upon.

Our stars were too easy to take out of the game, and our game plan collapsed once they made them uncomfortable. Monty failed to adjust in any way, and even when we won it wasn’t a typical Suns form.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Our 2 best players had covid for games 6 and 7.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

At this point I’m like 80/20 that KD will not be on the suns. Just starting to feel that way to me.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Don’t worry, as soon as he’s past his prime we’ll get him.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:36 pm
Don’t worry, as soon as he’s past his prime we’ll get him.
Or his younger brother, Brevin Durant.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:26 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:00 pm
They can also just extend him this off season…and the truth about restricted free agency is that players almost never get offer sheets. Remember Oubre? Bledsoe? The one remaining free agent right now that’s worth anything is RFA Collin Sexton. It’s just rarely worth the time and effort to make an offer. It just seems like you’re vastly underrating Cam’s value. At worst they’d have him for super cheap this year and could either flip him at the trade deadline for more assets or sign and trade him come the summer.

I think Cam would easily net a 1st round pick and I think it’s likely he could net 2. To say Shamet is a more valuable trade piece is mind boggling to me.
If Cam can net 2 firsts, the Suns should trade him now and offer Brooklyn 6 firsts.
I would definitely look into that. I’d especially look at getting some of their picks back from Houston. Not sure Houston would have a lot of interest in Cam though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:13 pm
Our 2 best players had covid for games 6 and 7.
Uh huh. “Staffers and 1 player” for game 7 has been stretched all the way to “our 2 best players for 6 and 7.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

If you don't think they had covid I can't convince you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:12 am
If you don't think they had covid I can't convince you.
And if you just spiritually need to assume they had it, I can’t convince you otherwise. Might as well assume they got monkeypox too, since it’s purely just guessing and making completely unfounded excuses