Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I hate that I keep watching ESPN through all of this.

They just spent 10 minutes talking about how the Raptors could trade for KD and ended it with Perkins basically asking if KD would even want to go there.

KD in Toronto? The city that cheered his achilles injury? Sure. :roll:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m not sure why they’d do it anyways. They could make it happen with Barnes, but I don’t trade him if I’m Toronto. Would Brooklyn do it for OG and picks? Siakam and picks?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:08 pm
The thing with trading all these picks is it becomes very, very hard to improve mid-season and in future offseasons. So we'd better nail this offseason.
You're right about mid-season moves, but major mid-season trades that affect the title are super rare so I'm not so worried about that. If things are so bad at that point it's often just better to tank the second half of the season.

Off-season moves can be tricky, but still being forced to draft every other year provides wiggle room. They could still trade a rookie after picking them, no?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Damn that’s a lot for Durant. Wow

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 pm
People realize the Suns still keep a first round draft pick in these "swaps", right?
Yes, I understand how a pick swap works.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

I love that we keep hearing the price is going down. That last report was a young/future all-star and a starter with all the picks.

Technically Jae or Cam or Saric could be considered 'starters' if you wanted to argue that. I mean Shamet started over half his games for the Clips :P

Cam could be a future all-star. Probably not, but you never know. And if they are letting it slip that they went from 2 All-Stars and picks to this last report, there is still room to negotiate down.

carey

Post by carey »

If that's the asking price Durant will have to force the issue and prove that he's willing to sit.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm
If that's the asking price Durant will have to force the issue and prove that he's willing to sit.
You don't think we can come close to 2 players (1 potential future all-star?) and picks?

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:11 pm
carey wrote:
You don't think we can come close to 2 players (1 potential future all-star?) and picks?
Not if they don't want Ayton, surely?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

It would be awesome if we could get Durant and keep Ayton and Bridges. I would much rather keep Ayton than CamJ. It seems like the market has spoken and Ayton isn’t a max player.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:21 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:11 pm
carey wrote:
Not if they don't want Ayton, surely?
Trading Ayton to them makes it harder for them with the BYC and S&T hard cap issues.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:09 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 pm
People realize the Suns still keep a first round draft pick in these "swaps", right?
Yes, I understand how a pick swap works.
Alright. I was confused by your statement that the Suns would only be working with 2nd rounders in the future.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

How funny is to remember past threads with people saying no one was untouchable if a KD caliber trade opportunity arises, but when it did, suddenly the talk is about his age, his achilles heel, the young core, the small window and of course… the picks!!!

The all mighty picks that should prevent us from going all in, in perhaps the most crucial offseason ever for the team. Because on the SSOL years and the Barkley years, the team were not in such peril to find the right path among so many crossroads. Wake up people, even with a resigned Ayton, there is not a clear window open for us right now, so Jones is taking a big risk on either direction.

Our team finally is front runner pursuing a MegaStar and the site proceed to consider every asset as too much, thanks God there is only arm chair GMs around here, acting like we were doing some favor to the Nets on taking KD off their hands. But if the front office were saying “no thanks, we are running back our 64 win team” we would be as angry as hell, calling for his head. Truth is, we will never know what offers are truly on the table, and how good or bad the team negotiated, but I’m sure we will be ranting about it, without knowing what was really discussed.

This lack of guts perhaps deserves to be rewarded with eternal disappointments.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

At this point, we had damn better land KD otherwise we'll just be left holding the bag.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:29 pm
At this point, we had damn better land KD otherwise we'll just be left holding the bag.
It's always been a possibility. Gotta move off Ayton at this point no matter what, for what will likely be an underwhelming return, if they do not acquire Durant, this team is gonna take another step back or Jones is gonna go after something less appealing like Julius Randle.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:27 pm
How funny is to remember past threads with people saying no one was untouchable if a KD caliber trade opportunity arises, but when it did, suddenly the talk is about his age, his achilles heel, the young core, the small window and of course… the picks!!!

The all mighty picks that should prevent us from going all in, in perhaps the most crucial offseason ever for the team. Because on the SSOL years and the Barkley years, the team were not in such peril to find the right path among so many crossroads. Wake up people, even with a resigned Ayton, there is not a clear window open for us right now, so Jones is taking a big risk on either direction.

Our team finally is front runner pursuing a MegaStar and the site proceed to consider every asset as too much, thanks God there is only arm chair GMs around here, acting like we were doing some favor to the Nets on taking KD off their hands. But if the front office were saying “no thanks, we are running back our 64 win team” we would be as angry as hell, calling for his head. Truth is, we will never know what offers are truly on the table, and how good or bad the team negotiated, but I’m sure we will be ranting about it, without knowing what was really discussed.

This lack of guts perhaps deserves to be rewarded with eternal disappointments.
I haven't really seen anyone here be anti-KD trade. Even the Ayton truthers are hedging their takes.

People are worried about giving up too much of the depth and I think that's reasonable because KD, Booker, and Paul with 7 guys who wouldn't get minutes on most other teams is a fairly flawed contender.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
I honestly think it's a certainty KD is coming to Phoenix at this point. Too many dominoes have already fallen.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I do think, unless BK finds a better deal with a team suitable to KD, that it's a matter of time. A lot of moving parts with contracts and picks and CBA stuff. Unless they exhaust all options and just come to the conclusion that it can't be done, he should end up in Phoenix. The silence is deafening IMO, especially with DA's situation still in flux. And if things do fall thru, it won't be for lack of trying.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:39 pm
Superbone wrote:
I honestly think it's a certainty KD is coming to Phoenix at this point. Too many dominoes have already fallen.
I agree with this. I think Durant wants Phoenix, its a players league and he will get what he wants. Brooklyn is just trying to get a decent return.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:39 pm
Superbone wrote:
I’m 99% confident that it’s going to happen. I’m about 70% that we’re probably keeping Mikal too, which would be a huge fucking win. If someone how James Jones pulls off keeping Cam too and then getting and keeping a Clarkson or Boggy??? I’ll cream my pants.