Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:56 pm
If it weren't for all the baggage, I think Simmons would be a great fit as the Suns PF. I know people don't like his lack of shooting (for good reason), but he can create offense and is an All-NBA level defensive player.
As the great Book said, if my aunt had a weiner she’d be my Uncle
Lol. Is this serious? I am laughing so hard.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:37 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 pm
The Bobster wrote:
If it weren't for all the baggage, I think Simmons would be a great fit as the Suns PF. I know people don't like his lack of shooting (for good reason), but he can create offense and is an All-NBA level defensive player.
As the great Book said, if my aunt had a weiner she’d be my Uncle
Lol. Is this serious? I am laughing so hard.
Lol yeah it was the most epic shot back at AD -

https://firstsportz.com/nba-if-my-aunti ... laims/?amp

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Since KD has already tweeted that he isn't going to retire, won't that make Brooklyn less likely to panic trade him? If they know he'll show up and play for them, begrudgingly, won't they want to give that a try first?

Maybe this KD trade is going to be a midseason one after that experiment fails.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:36 pm
The Bobster wrote:
If Ayton was a more credible threat from outside and occasionally drew free throws, it would be a much cleaner fit.
Don't worry, he just needs more touches and for Monty to stop telling him to not shoot and for his teammates to support him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:12 am
Shabazz wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
If Ayton was a more credible threat from outside and occasionally drew free throws, it would be a much cleaner fit.
Don't worry, he just needs more touches and for Monty to stop telling him to not shoot and for his teammates to support him.
He can't pass the ball to himself!
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm just going to repeat that he's 24 years old. Yes, there are 24-year-old players with more maturity. He doesn't need Monty to tell him to shoot more or his teammates to support him. He just needs to be involved as a factor in the offense consistently if people are looking for more offensive consistency from him. If they aren't working with him during practice or on plays to draw contact and get fouled, that's on the coaching. Is it that hard to believe that he's 24 years old on a team with guard dominant alpha males? As a younger player, sometimes it's hard to be the man when there are 2 to 3 "men" ahead of you that are the primary focus of the offensive play calling.

He got paid. Let's see if the coaches and the team can use him correctly this season. I want us to punish the fuck out of Dallas the first game in the paint and see Ayton go off for 30 points. How the hell we didn't use him the right way to dominate those guys in the playoffs and their small ball lineups has as much to do with Monty as it does Ayton.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
:lol:
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:22 am
I'm just going to repeat that he's 24 years old. Yes, there are 24-year-old players with more maturity. He doesn't need Monty to tell him to shoot more or his teammates to support him. He just needs to be involved as a factor in the offense consistently if people are looking for more offensive consistency from him. If they aren't working with him during practice or on plays to draw contact and get fouled, that's on the coaching. Is it that hard to believe that he's 24 years old on a team with guard dominant alpha males? As a younger player, sometimes it's hard to be the man when there are 2 to 3 "men" ahead of you that are the primary focus of the offensive play calling.

He got paid. Let's see if the coaches and the team can use him correctly this season. I want us to punish the fuck out of Dallas the first game in the paint and see Ayton go off for 30 points. How the hell we didn't use him the right way to dominate those guys in the playoffs and their small ball lineups has as much to do with Monty as it does Ayton.
Ayton gets pushed around by smaller players and always drops his hands on catches, he's never gonna consistently punish anyone in the paint until he changes those 2 things. He also for some unknown reason gathers before he goes up because he doesn't understand he's bigger and stronger than most, which is baffling.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:53 am
Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
He can't pass the ball to himself!
True, but he can also make himself available and a target, which he fails to do a lot of time, like he is hiding from the ball. You rarely see him demand it by making himself open and sealing his man for the pass.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I have no doubt that Ayton has devoted his entire summer, days and nights, to relentless work and constant effort toward becoming a better and better player.

At Call of Duty.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He's more of a 2K player. Which is why it probably KILLED him that Book beat him in that tournament when Book is known as a COD player and not a 2Ker.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:49 pm
He's more of a 2K player. Which is why it probably KILLED him that Book beat him in that tournament when Book is known as a COD player and not a 2Ker.
Yeah, but Ayton is the only NBA player that is a 2K Legend! He puts in the time so he deserves it. If only the other NBA players would be as devoted as Ayton to a simulation of their jobs that anybody can play.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

lol

All this joking aside, I really hope to see an Ayton that makes the most of his ability, consistently.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It would be huge if he does. He could take us to the next level.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

First I’m hearing of what the National media is saying about our offer.
The Phoenix Suns similarly have dangled a package around All-Defensive wing Mikal Bridges and a handful of first-round draft picks, which has not picked up any steam with the Nets, league sources said. With Deandre Ayton signed to a four-year maximum contract and unable to be moved until January, Phoenix has attempted over the past month to make creative proposals to Brooklyn, possibly via three- or four-team trades where an All-Star-caliber player goes to the Nets. But the Suns have yet to find a suitable deal — and that is largely why they appear to be behind Boston, Toronto and Miami in the Durant sweepstakes.

Indy

Post by Indy »

This is the first mention I have seen that says we have actually offered Mikal.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:33 am
Yeah, and I don't like it but I get it. But if that offer isn't enough, move on. We can't gut our youth and future for a 34-year-old. Unless we want to give the title a couple shots and then back to average. I guess that's the quandary.
"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:46 am
Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:33 am
Yeah, and I don't like it but I get it. But if that offer isn't enough, move on. We can't gut our youth and future for a 34-year-old. Unless we want to give the title a couple shots and then back to average. I guess that's the quandary.
I agree. Part of me really just wants to see how Ayton responds to being here. If we were to trade Bridges and Durant isn't able to play as often as we'd like and Ayton is just going through the motions because he doesn't want to be here, we're in a tough spot. Now, if Ayton takes that next step and becomes a force, and maybe even Bridges and Cam Johnson makes some strides, well, now we're in really great shape to either stand pat or roll the dice with Durant.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ayton was told in many ways that we don't believe he is worth the max and we actively shopped him. I don't see him taking that and saying "well now I want to play better than ever for this team and I will work harder at this than ever before." I hope he proves me wrong.

But put me in the camp of trading anyone on the team if it means we have a better chance at winning a ring. Isn't that what we have been clamoring for, only to come up empty for over 50 years?