Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is getting really interesting. I wonder where Ben Simmons ends up and if Brooklyn is using his dead weight to offload Kyrie on the Lakers. Unfortunately, the numbers don't work without the Lakers giving up AD in the deal, which isn't going to happen.

So where could Simmons end up? If he wasn't so damaged I'd think it would be a great buy low opportunity for a team with a ton of future assets like OKC.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

These are Wally Cream quality. I really can't imagine the Suns retaining both Mikal and Cam.

These are two very similar deals. The most important part is trying to find a team willing to take Simmons. The pickings are very slim.

Suns - Kevin Durant, Eric Gordon
Nets - Donovan Mitchell, Jae Crowder, Dario Saric, Cam Payne, David Nwaba, Kenyon Martin Jr.
Jazz - Deandre Ayton (4/120), Landry Shamet, Torrey Craig, Marquese Chriss
Rockets - Ben Simmons

Suns - Kevin Durant, Myles Turner
Nets - Donovan Mitchell, Buddy Hield, Landry Shamet, Torrey Craig, Cam Payne
Jazz - Deandre Ayton (4/120), Jae Crowder, Dario Saric
Pacers - Ben Simmons
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

If we give up Bridges, Cam, AND a bunch of picks...that gets dicey...IMHO. I will say passing on Haliburton looks even more f'd up...

Split T

Post by Split T »

We might not even need to make the trade if we had drafted Haliburton, but having him on the roster would’ve made this trade much easier.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:28 pm
Everyone cool going all in and mortgaging our future for KD? We've never won a ring. I think I'd be down for it.
I'm not, at least not for a guy at the end of his career with his injury issues. I also don't trust Durant; too sensitive and handles adversity poorly. And it's not because I love draft picks, because honestly, if I am Brooklyn, I don't take the Suns alleged offer.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:35 am
Could it fall apart and wreck us? Of course, but we’d still be left with KD and Booker who we can trade.
In that scenario, you're not getting much if anything for Durant. And I don't include trading Booker in my plans. I know all I care about is draft picks ( :roll: ), but trading Booker for a Gobert-like package doesn't interest me unless Booker is demanding to be dealt or on the verge of leaving.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If I were a Nets fan right now, I'd be pretty pissed. They'll be losing their supposedly title-contending superteam and in return, they'll have, what? Jae Crowder? Mikal Bridges? Donovan Mitchell and bantha fodder? A bunch of late-first-round draft picks? They don't want to be OKC. They thought they were going to win the next few titles. What a crushing comedown.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:10 am
Split T wrote:
Could it fall apart and wreck us? Of course, but we’d still be left with KD and Booker who we can trade.
In that scenario, you're not getting much if anything for Durant. And I don't include trading Booker in my plans. I know all I care about is draft picks ( :roll: ), but trading Booker for a Gobert-like package doesn't interest unless Booker is demanding to be dealt or on the verge of leaving.
Your favorite roster is Bo Cruz and Seven hundred second round picks!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:11 am
If I were a Nets fan right now, I'd be pretty pissed. They'll be losing their supposedly title-contending superteam and in return, they'll have, what? Jae Crowder? Mikal Bridges? Donovan Mitchell and bantha fodder? A bunch of late-first-round draft picks? They don't want to be OKC. They thought they were going to win the next few titles. What a crushing comedown.
Completely mismanaged. But that’s what happens when you cater to a head case

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:11 am
They don't want to be OKC.
Lol, OKC is a lot better off then Brooklyn is right now. I think it's OKC that doesn't want to be Brooklyn.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:10 am
Split T wrote:
In that scenario, you're not getting much if anything for Durant. And I don't include trading Booker in my plans. I know all I care about is draft picks ( :roll: ), but trading Booker for a Gobert-like package doesn't interest me unless Booker is demanding to be dealt or on the verge of leaving.
Worth it…the team as constructed isn’t winning a title. The team with Durant could win a title. And I’m just saying if everything collapsed and Booker wanted out, we could get a decent haul to kickstart a rebuild for him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:13 pm
As an aside, I really don't like having to involve Danny Ainge. That guy has a history of being a pain in the ass as a trade partner.
He has a history of winning trades.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Trying to throw too much in the deal seems silly. It’s like they’re extending this to make this a 4 team deal and undo all their mistakes. Brooklyn is wild. They’ve had Harden, Simmons, and Kyrie—arguably some of the biggest head cases in the league. KD to some extent is one of them too, he just puts his $ where his mouth is.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If the price went up to that after the Gobert trade, then wouldn’t there have been a deal in place for a KD trade before the Gobert trade?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

LegionHoops' credibility is suspect. Scotto is more legit. Other teams may be able to come up with better offers unless we get another team or two involved but I doubt KD would be happy somewhere like Toronto or NOLA. He wants to go where he wants to go and no team would take him on if he's unhappy.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:58 pm
LegionHoops' credibility is suspect. Scotto is more legit. Other teams may be able to come up with better offers unless we get another team or two involved but I doubt KD would be happy somewhere like Toronto or NOLA. He wants to go where he wants to go and no team would take him on if he's unhappy.
In other words, this could drag on tormenting us all summer.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I knew the Gobert trade would fuck us and derail this trade. Even if it still works out, we're now having to give up even more than what would have. Fucking Timberwolves.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:07 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:58 pm
In other words, this could drag on tormenting us all summer.
Hey, we can't get soft. If it falls through, it falls through. Gotta be able to walk away from the negotiating table. If it doesn't work out, we tell Ayton to suck it up and play for the team that drafted him and is paying him after we match any offer or come to an agreement.
"Be Legendary."