Suns Match Pacers Offer

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Vladimir_Taltos

Suns Match Pacers Offer

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Vladimir_Taltos

Re: Suns Match Pacers Offer

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Now what?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

We celebrate?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Does he even want to be here anymore? What happened at the end of the season when there was that meltdown in game seven? He supposedly refused to enter the game in the second half. Monty said it was “internal” whatever that means. Is he pissed the Suns wouldn’t sign him to a max deal and took his revenge in a game seven in the playoffs? If any of that is true do the Suns want a guy like that anymore? What does that do to our supposedly great team chemistry?

We celebrate? I am definitely not celebrating anything Suns right now. A part of my fandom for the Suns died during game seven. Was it injuries? Was it “internal”? Was it Covid? Maybe they don’t owe us fans an explanation. I think they do. They were booed off the court by their fans who adored them before the game. It was a total beatdown and the Suns showed zero fight as if they didn’t care at that point.

I feels like we had our chance and it is now gone for another decade at least.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:57 am
Does he even want to be here anymore? What happened at the end of the season when there was that meltdown in game seven? He supposedly refused to enter the game in the second half. Monty said it was “internal” whatever that means. Is he pissed the Suns wouldn’t sign him to a max deal and took his revenge in a game seven in the playoffs? If any of that is true do the Suns want a guy like that anymore? What does that do to our supposedly great team chemistry?

We celebrate? I am definitely not celebrating anything Suns right now. A part of my fandom for the Suns died during game seven. Was it injuries? Was it “internal”? Was it Covid? Maybe they don’t owe us fans an explanation. I think they do. They were booed off the court by their fans who adored them before the game. It was a total beatdown and the Suns showed zero fight as if they didn’t care at that point.

I feels like we had our chance and it is now gone for another decade at least.
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:55 pm
He was not asked to go back in. And he was not asked if he wanted to go back in (at any particular point). As he was taking him out of the game, Monty asked if he wanted to play anymore and he said no. That's what I recall being reported when it happened (and I think whoever reported it was implying that Monty didn't think DA was acting like he wanted to be out there on the court [probably mainly that one closeout situation] before taking him out and asking him that). Since then people seem to have twisted it.
And we were down 70-32, by 38 points, when he was taken out at 8:26 left in the third quarter.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you think Ayton lost us Game 7 vs the Mavs, we must have been watching different games.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t think Ayton lost the game for us by not going back in. I heard he refused to go back in the game and that doesn’t sit well with me. It didn’t sit well with the coach apparently either.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:32 am
If you think Ayton lost us Game 7 vs the Mavs, we must have been watching different games.
nobody has ever said that.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Here’s the original tweet:

So apparently Monty thought that DA looked like he wasn’t interested in being out there anymore, so while Booker was shooting his free throws he asked him if he even wanted to play anymore and he said nope and he took him out.

He never asked him to go back in.

Indy

Post by Indy »

You are doing a lot of work to try and justify a shitty moment from Ayton. It is OK to just say it was a shitty day, with shitty coaching and shitty playing and shitty attitudes. And everyone made mistakes.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I’m not trying to justify it. I just keep seeing a false version of the story spreading around and want the record clear.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He told the coach he didn't want to play anymore...

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:34 am
He told the coach he didn't want to play anymore...
Correct. When asked. According to one fan lip reading.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Why do you think people had to get between them?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:47 am
Why do you think people had to get between them?
Because after he took him out, Monty said “You freakin’ quit on us.” And DA said, “I can’t pass myself the ball.” Then Monty said, “What did you say?” And the staff stopped him from approaching DA.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Relying on lip reading lol. Athletes are giant babies, pretty much all of them, coaches too. Shit happens in the heat of the moment, everything will be ok. Ayton doesn't look great here no matter how it's presented, Monty gets himself in plenty of trouble when it comes to actually coaching and adjusting, both are probably at fault here.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.