Suns Media Day 2022 - Monday, September 26th

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns Media Day 2022 - Monday, September 26th

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:55 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:54 am
Cap wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:12 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:58 am
And yeah, I don't expect us to win as many regular season games as last year. I hope we learned our lesson to concentrate on the playoffs rather than the regular season.
You think the problem was exhaustion from the regular season? I don’t. We clinched the #1 seed, relaxed, and then couldn’t flip the switch back on when the games started to count again. Maybe we’d have been better off taking the final weeks of the season more seriously.
All of that, and Book hurting his hammy (again). That really taxed the rest of the team during that Pels series. Then the dallas series was basically trading blowouts depending on how many 3s the teams would hit (until Covid).
You’ve been reported for conspiracies
you have your sources, I have mine.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:00 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:16 am
The truth is none of us actually know. Some have chosen to assume nothing was wrong and the suns/cp3 just choked and lost. Others have assumed that something was up(injury/covid outbreak). Like everyone else, I don’t know. What I do know is the team didn’t remotely resemble the team I watched all year(especially CP3). That leads me to think something was wrong physically(and there seems to be some smoke that this is the case). But I can’t rule out that CP3 just wore down, there was dysfunction in the locker room, and Dallas just figured us out.
All of those things can be true at the same time. It could be that Paul was spent after having to carry the team to beat the Pels. And that Monty's lack of flexibility in defensive schemes let Dallas attack us more. And that Book's inability to see over double teams and make the right pass screwed us. And that Jones' inability to add someone to the team that can dribble/create offense cost us. And that there was covid running through the team near the end of that series.

We like to point at one thing because it is easy to do, but it is almost never one thing.
Yes that’s a good point. I guess it would be better to say on top of all the things going on on the court, did we additionally have some sort of physical ailment impacting one or more key players, or was it just on the court issues.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:53 am
INFORMER wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:43 pm
Yeah, I don't buy that. Paul missed a huge portion of the last quarter of the season; he basically was forced to rest. None of the other players on the team should be wearing down in the second round.

Honestly, the Suns did what about 10 other Chris Paul teams have done in the past.
And every Devin Booker team ever.

And every Suns team ever.

Pinning this on Chris Paul seems really weird considering we wouldn't have beat the Pelicans without him being amazing.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:58 am
Debate had descended to the point that, if you dislike the player, everything wrong can be traced to him, but if you like him, he can’t do no wrong, it must be the coach, or the teammates, or the solar flares. That and waiting for the right moment to engage, as in keep quiet when the player/team is rolling, and just start the finger pointing when things are not going right.
Both of you are running with what I said.

I'm not pinning it on Chris Paul. Honestly, I blame James Jones more than Chris Paul. I think there are several factors that led to the Suns demise last season.

My only point was that we've seen stuff like this before. It was an unexpected collapse, and it was quite epic, but so many are running for these fantastical theories or ridiculous excuses to try to the explain what they consider inexplicable, when there have been a number of collapses and failures to meet expectation in Chris Paul's career alone. And even in those prior cases, I wouldn't pin it all on him (Doc Rivers poor coaching, Blake Griffin going Casper, etc.)

At the same time, I'm not trying to take the Monty Williams route and just write it off as a bad night. It was more than that, and I wish James Jones felt the same.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Poor roster construction and failure to identify the lacking areas from the finals run to last year has more to do with the team falling on it's face than anything else. That's all on JJ. Same with this garbage off-season.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:27 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:53 am
INFORMER wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:43 pm
Yeah, I don't buy that. Paul missed a huge portion of the last quarter of the season; he basically was forced to rest. None of the other players on the team should be wearing down in the second round.

Honestly, the Suns did what about 10 other Chris Paul teams have done in the past.
And every Devin Booker team ever.

And every Suns team ever.

Pinning this on Chris Paul seems really weird considering we wouldn't have beat the Pelicans without him being amazing.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:58 am
Debate had descended to the point that, if you dislike the player, everything wrong can be traced to him, but if you like him, he can’t do no wrong, it must be the coach, or the teammates, or the solar flares. That and waiting for the right moment to engage, as in keep quiet when the player/team is rolling, and just start the finger pointing when things are not going right.
Both of you are running with what I said.

I'm not pinning it on Chris Paul. Honestly, I blame James Jones more than Chris Paul. I think there are several factors that led to the Suns demise last season.

My only point was that we've seen stuff like this before. It was an unexpected collapse, and it was quite epic, but so many are running for these fantastical theories or ridiculous excuses to try to the explain what they consider inexplicable, when there have been a number of collapses and failures to meet expectation in Chris Paul's career alone. And even in those prior cases, I wouldn't pin it all on him (Doc Rivers poor coaching, Blake Griffin going Casper, etc.)

At the same time, I'm not trying to take the Monty Williams route and just write it off as a bad night. It was more than that, and I wish James Jones felt the same.

Uh, my bad for failing to grasp all of this deep insight from the phrase:

“Honestly, the Suns did what about 10 other Chris Paul teams have done in the past.“

But actually, I agree with many of it.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

You don't have to grasp any deep insight from it; just don't jump to conclusions. :)

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:42 pm
You don't have to grasp any deep insight from it; just don't jump to conclusions. :)
Agreed as long as you avoid backpedaling with completely out of nowhere new conclusions :P

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

:lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Are we having fun yet?
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Tuesday can’t come soon enough. I’ve had my fill of Ayton Monty and Crowder discussions.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Isn't in Wednesday?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, pickle will just have to suffer one more day.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Do you mean the season starts Wednesday or that the Suns first game is on Wednesday? Dammit.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Suns first game

pickle

Post by pickle »

Ah ok. Well at least there will be nba games so maybe we can all get more distracted than these current discussions.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

pickle wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:48 pm
Tuesday can’t come soon enough. I’ve had my fill of Ayton Monty and Crowder discussions.
Who's going to tell buddy that the season starting will not change this :shock: :oops:
There's a possibility things might actually be worst 🤦🏾‍♂️
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

pickle

Post by pickle »

You might be right, but at least I can have other things to do than to refresh this board looking for any content to consume only to get more of these discussions.