Sarver to sell!!!!!!!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Sarver to sell!!!!!!!

Post by Indy »

4B would be ridiculous.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

$4 billion?! I'm going to need a bigger ownership group!
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I hope Sarver has learned his lesson!
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

"Cancel culture forced me to sell the company I mismanaged for 10x my investment! wahhhhh!"

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The idea of Jeff Bezos ‘scared’ me away from trying to buy the Phoenix Suns, says Shaquille O’Neal

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/04/shaquil ... -suns.html
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:54 pm
The idea of Jeff Bezos ‘scared’ me away from trying to buy the Phoenix Suns, says Shaquille O’Neal

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/04/shaquil ... -suns.html
Moreso like “Shaquille O’ Neal is reaching Jeff Bezzos on his podcast for a join bid on the Phoenix Suns. I remember the time when headlines use to provide straight info, not click baiting angles.

But honestly, the idea of Shaq and his circus returning to town adopting the “Big Owner” moniker, scares me the most over every one except Trump.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The following is not a defense of Sarver. But I don't know what to make of the fact that Sarver is being run out of the NBA for being racist and sexist, while several of the floated possible new owners have also done questionable or reprehensible things related to race and/or sex.

I like Shaquille O'Neal, but he once said "ching chong yah wah ah so" to Yao Ming, and his exploits with women (including extramarital affairs) are widely known. He has also been accused of harassment and/or assault.

Jeff Bezos was caught having an affair with the wife of some media company he was in negotiations with. His wife ran off with half his money. Now Bezos seems to be jacked up on steroids and running around with various mistresses. His company, Amazon, has been accused repeatedly of racism and systemic racial bias problems.

And then there are other ownership groups and candidates being rumored such as the Saudis or Donald Trump. Don't want to get political, but can we say that these options also have some things one might question about them.

Again, I am not saying that any of these things are "no big deal" nor trying to say that Sarver is better than any of these others. I just think it's interesting that nobody is really raising any criticism of these other owners, while Sarver is viewed as someone who absolutely must be removed from the NBA. It seems inconsistent to me.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:43 pm
The following is not a defense of Sarver. But I don't know what to make of the fact that Sarver is being run out of the NBA for being racist and sexist, while several of the floated possible new owners have also done questionable or reprehensible things related to race and/or sex.

I like Shaquille O'Neal, but he once said "ching chong yah wah ah so" to Yao Ming, and his exploits with women (including extramarital affairs) are widely known. He has also been accused of harassment and/or assault.

Jeff Bezos was caught having an affair with the wife of some media company he was in negotiations with. His wife ran off with half his money. Now Bezos seems to be jacked up on steroids and running around with various mistresses. His company, Amazon, has been accused repeatedly of racism and systemic racial bias problems.

And then there are other ownership groups and candidates being rumored such as the Saudis or Donald Trump. Don't want to get political, but can we say that these options also have some things one might question about them.

Again, I am not saying that any of these things are "no big deal" nor trying to say that Sarver is better than any of these others. I just think it's interesting that nobody is really raising any criticism of these other owners, while Sarver is viewed as someone who absolutely must be removed from the NBA. It seems inconsistent to me.
Ah yes, once you have cancelled the whole world for each of their mistakes, there is no one left.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I have regrettably also been an asshole at moments in my life. Good thing I'm not a billionaire.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wouldn't this be something.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Bill Simmons wrote:"I heard Obama's involved in one of the groups," Simmons told Charles Barkley on The Bill Simmons Podcast (11:40 mark). "That's the one guy I feel like, they would make him the actual face, and the money guys would be so happy to have him at the front that they would just be like, 'Cool."
I don't believe a billionaire would do this. It contradicts everything I think I know about super wealthy people.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:23 pm
Bill Simmons wrote:"I heard Obama's involved in one of the groups," Simmons told Charles Barkley on The Bill Simmons Podcast (11:40 mark). "That's the one guy I feel like, they would make him the actual face, and the money guys would be so happy to have him at the front that they would just be like, 'Cool."
I don't believe a billionaire would do this. It contradicts everything I think I know about super wealthy people.
These aren't normal times.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I guess there's a chance he could be kind of a Larry Fitzgerald type of minority ownership stake ambassador, but Obama has zero connections to Arizona and the political aspect would make that role polarizing to a pretty large segment of the local fanbase.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Please no.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's very strange. I don't know why Obama would be involved. Just a well-known name ID to help get a particular bid accepted? I can't imagine that Obama has enough money to be a majority stakeholder, so he'd just be a small partner in any such thing. I also agree that it would introduce a complicated polarization into the Suns team. If any major partisan political figure, like Trump, Obama, the Clintons, whomever, bought a basketball team, that would have the potential to aggravate half of the fanbase.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:59 am
That's very strange. I don't know why Obama would be involved. Just a well-known name ID to help get a particular bid accepted? I can't imagine that Obama has enough money to be a majority stakeholder, so he'd just be a small partner in any such thing. I also agree that it would introduce a complicated polarization into the Suns team. If any major partisan political figure, like Trump, Obama, the Clintons, whomever, bought a basketball team, that would have the potential to aggravate half of the fanbase.
There is precedent. George Bush owned a baseball team (Rangers). I have no issue with it.
"Be Legendary."