Prospective Suns Owners

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG
Posts: 3704
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by JeremyG »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:55 pm
I thought there should be a thread listing the individuals who are considered likely candidates to be interested in bidding on the team -

Jeff Bezos, 58, Seattle - Amazon/President & CEO - $148.1 billion net worth
Larry Ellison, 78, Hawaii - Oracle Corporation/CEO - $97.3 billion net worth
Phil Knight, 84, Portland - Nike/Chairman emeritus - $41.9 billion net worth
MacKenzie Scott, 52, Seattle - MacKenzie Scott Foundation/philanthropist - $36.8 billion net worth
Laurene Powell-Jobs, 58, Malibu - Emerson Collective/Chair - $12.6 billion net worth
Jahm Najafi, 59, Phoenix - Najafi Companies/CEO - $3.5 billion net worth
Bob Iger, 71, Los Angeles - Disney/former CEO - $690 million net worth
Jerry Colangelo, 82, Phoenix - Former Suns owner - $320 million net worth

:P :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShadowHawke
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by ShadowHawke »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:24 pm
TOO wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:12 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:01 pm
I too am interested in purchasing the team.
May I join your group?
Do you know the secret handshake?
I will learn it. Is it from the Suns pregame ritual? Each is unique.
Have Brandon Sanderson run the Kickstarter for you.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 5848
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:12 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:01 pm
I too am interested in purchasing the team.
May I join your group?
Someone’s gotta be the money man.
Targets: KD, Schroder, Micic, Favors, Kemba, Bembry, Paschall, Watanabe, Avdija, Keita BD, K. Hayes, J. Isaac, Jalen Johnson, K. Lewis, Maledon, Metu, Olynyk, Quickley, P. Reed, JRE, J Vanderbilt, Aaron Wiggins

User avatar
TOO
Posts: 6633
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm
Location: the gray area

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by TOO »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:24 pm
TOO wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:12 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:01 pm
I too am interested in purchasing the team.
May I join your group?
Do you know the secret handshake?
I will learn it. Is it from the Suns pregame ritual? Each is unique.
Have Brandon Sanderson run the Kickstarter for you.
Let's go Brandon?

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 17876
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Split T »


User avatar
Split T
Posts: 17876
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Split T »


User avatar
Indy
Posts: 19131
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Indy »

I think it will be closer to 3B

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 17876
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Split T »

I was curious if we’d set the record for highest purchase price, but saw that Brooklyn went for 3.2 billion in 2019. Houston is 2nd at 2.2 billion in 2017. Gotta figure we’ll be somewhere between those numbers.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 26044
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Superbone »

Exciting times!
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

"I don't think I've ever been that angry shooting a basketball." - Cam Johnson

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 16168
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Mori Chu »

Guy Fieri is on that list? LMAO. That'd be something. Also, Charles Barkley? I doubt Chuck has enough cash to buy an NBA team.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 19131
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Indy »

There is talk of the Saudi LIV group making an offer and competing with Bezos to see who has the most money to throw at us. I don't know which devil is worse!

User avatar
TOO
Posts: 6633
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm
Location: the gray area

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:29 am
There is talk of the Saudi LIV group making an offer and competing with Bezos to see who has the most money to throw at us. I don't know which devil is worse!
As a Premier league fan saudi money is very much spend and stay outta everyone's way. It's not that bad. Definitely expect results though.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 17876
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Split T »

Timeline podcast mentioned Joe Gebbia, he recently purchased a minority stake in the Spurs. He’s the co-founder of Airbnb and is worth about 7 billion. Often people who want to own a team get their foot in the door by purchasing minority stakes first.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 5848
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Shabazz »

TOO wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:22 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:29 am
There is talk of the Saudi LIV group making an offer and competing with Bezos to see who has the most money to throw at us. I don't know which devil is worse!
As a Premier league fan saudi money is very much spend and stay outta everyone's way. It's not that bad. Definitely expect results though.
I'd prefer to stay away from Saudi money. Their "skeletons" are a notch or two above berating employees.
Targets: KD, Schroder, Micic, Favors, Kemba, Bembry, Paschall, Watanabe, Avdija, Keita BD, K. Hayes, J. Isaac, Jalen Johnson, K. Lewis, Maledon, Metu, Olynyk, Quickley, P. Reed, JRE, J Vanderbilt, Aaron Wiggins

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 19131
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:44 am
TOO wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:22 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:29 am
There is talk of the Saudi LIV group making an offer and competing with Bezos to see who has the most money to throw at us. I don't know which devil is worse!
As a Premier league fan saudi money is very much spend and stay outta everyone's way. It's not that bad. Definitely expect results though.
I'd prefer to stay away from Saudi money. Their "skeletons" are a notch or two above berating employees.
Agreed.

And we are going to have a really hard time finding billionaires that aren't bad people. I mean the league let in a Russian Oligarch.

User avatar
TOO
Posts: 6633
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm
Location: the gray area

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:44 am
TOO wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:22 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:29 am
There is talk of the Saudi LIV group making an offer and competing with Bezos to see who has the most money to throw at us. I don't know which devil is worse!
As a Premier league fan saudi money is very much spend and stay outta everyone's way. It's not that bad. Definitely expect results though.
I'd prefer to stay away from Saudi money. Their "skeletons" are a notch or two above berating employees.
So long as they don't mettle in decisions and aren't just outrageous blatant asshats I don't really care about where the money comes from. Just wanna win.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 5848
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Shabazz »

TOO wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:33 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:44 am
TOO wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:22 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:29 am
There is talk of the Saudi LIV group making an offer and competing with Bezos to see who has the most money to throw at us. I don't know which devil is worse!
As a Premier league fan saudi money is very much spend and stay outta everyone's way. It's not that bad. Definitely expect results though.
I'd prefer to stay away from Saudi money. Their "skeletons" are a notch or two above berating employees.
So long as they don't mettle in decisions and aren't just outrageous blatant asshats I don't really care about where the money comes from. Just wanna win.
You were ready to walk because Sarver created a hostile work environment but don't care if your owners fund terrorism, oppress/behead women and murder journalists?
Targets: KD, Schroder, Micic, Favors, Kemba, Bembry, Paschall, Watanabe, Avdija, Keita BD, K. Hayes, J. Isaac, Jalen Johnson, K. Lewis, Maledon, Metu, Olynyk, Quickley, P. Reed, JRE, J Vanderbilt, Aaron Wiggins

JeremyG
Posts: 3704
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by JeremyG »



So...who's ready to go from Sarver to Trump?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

User avatar
TOO
Posts: 6633
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm
Location: the gray area

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:35 pm
TOO wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:33 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:44 am
TOO wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:22 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:29 am
There is talk of the Saudi LIV group making an offer and competing with Bezos to see who has the most money to throw at us. I don't know which devil is worse!
As a Premier league fan saudi money is very much spend and stay outta everyone's way. It's not that bad. Definitely expect results though.
I'd prefer to stay away from Saudi money. Their "skeletons" are a notch or two above berating employees.
So long as they don't mettle in decisions and aren't just outrageous blatant asshats I don't really care about where the money comes from. Just wanna win.
You were ready to walk because Sarver created a hostile work environment but don't care if your owners fund terrorism, oppress/behead women and murder journalists?
Not everyone in SA does that lol.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 19131
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Prospective Suns Owners

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:02 pm


So...who's ready to go from Sarver to Trump?
lol that guy can't afford his own legal bills. Doubt he has half a billion much less 3.

Post Reply