Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:10 pm
What good does that do us? We’re losing the best player involved in that trade
Well we’re losing him regardless if you haven’t heard. Also I thought you weren’t a Crowder fan.

And McDermott is pretty good. Career 41% shooter from 3. Korkmaz was bad last year, but he’s had moments. Maybe neither are as good as Crowder, but we do get two playable guys to add to the roster.
Ya let’s just dump him since we’re losing him anyway.

Horrendous asset management

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:33 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Well we’re losing him regardless if you haven’t heard. Also I thought you weren’t a Crowder fan.

And McDermott is pretty good. Career 41% shooter from 3. Korkmaz was bad last year, but he’s had moments. Maybe neither are as good as Crowder, but we do get two playable guys to add to the roster.

Not sure how you got that out of my post…for that now I hope we trade him to Charlotte for Oubre.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:40 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Not sure how you got that out of my post…for that now I hope we trade him to Charlotte for Oubre.
Ha ha!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:40 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Omg

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T your Mikal avatar is fire. Love it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Thanks! Suns Twitter account posted it this morning and I said that has to be my new avi

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kinda funny, he literally played for every one of these teams.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:34 am
It does seem now that it was simply he wants to start and get paid to start and we said, no CamJ is the future at the 4 for us.
Then we better sign Cam to an extension, or else this could really turn into a disaster.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think we will, but it’s not necessarily a disaster if we don’t. Other than I only think CamJ will go up in value after a season starting. If we can lock him in for anything under the price tag Mikal got, I say do it.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If they knew Crowder was demanding out, then they really needed to trade for Bojan, whether or not Utah would include Vanderbilt. That's at least a good replacement for Crowder, even an upgrade offensively.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:40 pm
If they knew Crowder was demanding out, then they really needed to trade for Bojan, whether or not Utah would include Vanderbilt. That's at least a good replacement for Crowder, even an upgrade offensively.
Well it wouldn’t have been just Crowder. Saric or Shamet would’ve had to be included for matching salary and Utah probably asks for compensation. Don’t think they would have been interested in those players. The Detroit deal is better.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:42 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Well it wouldn’t have been just Crowder. Saric or Shamet would’ve had to be included for matching salary and Utah probably asks for compensation. Don’t think they would have been interested in those players. The Detroit deal is better.
I'm saying I would have done what it took to get it done. Crowder/Shamet and a first. Now we may be left with no adequate replacement for Crowder at all.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

What about this?

Suns- Dillon Brooks, Brandon Clarke

Grizzlies- Crowder, Craig and 1st

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:52 pm
What about this?

Suns- Dillon Brooks, Brandon Clarke

Grizzlies- Crowder, Craig and 1st
I don't think the Grizzlies touch that. They give up the 2 best players.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:47 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:42 pm
JeremyG wrote:
I'm saying I would have done what it took to get it done. Crowder/Shamet and a first. Now we may be left with no adequate replacement for Crowder at all.
Gotcha, I think I’m cool waiting. I think someone will give us something of value for Crowder and Bojan, while a good player, didn’t do enough for me to give up a 1st.

I’m hoping we can still pull off Crowder/contract/1st for Barnes.

Seeing Boston mentioned is interesting. Derrick White is really the only contract that makes a lot of sense though.

I’d be curious what Miami would offer. Robinson would have to be part of it, but he’s negative value because of the contract. My guess is they’d still only offer 1 first and maybe like Gabe Vincent, no Strus. That’s pretty blech to me.

Cleveland is interesting, would Cedí Osman or Issac Okoro be interesting to us?

Would Milwaukee be interested? Contract wise it’d have to be for like Grayson Allen and I don’t see the point for us in that.

Tim Hardaway Jr. in Dallas? We’d have to send them Shamet as well.

I think there will be decent options though.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:35 pm
Does anyone think current players are doing work for Gambo by telling him what is going on in the clubhouse?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Maybe…they all said good things on camera, but I bet some of them aren’t exactly thrilled with Jae and they might spill the beans on him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I get not wanting to give him an extension and wanting to start someone else, but how do you tell a guy ahead of time he's not going to end games? That would seem like a game by game decision, tho you obviously wouldn't want to get into the habit of him ending games all the time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:41 pm
Maybe…they all said good things on camera, but I bet some of them aren’t exactly thrilled with Jae and they might spill the beans on him.
OK, but if you want to leak that, you go to national reporters that have clout, not a local radio guy.