Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:46 pm
I get not wanting to give him an extension and wanting to start someone else, but how do you tell a guy ahead of time he's not going to end games? That would seem like a game by game decision, tho you obviously wouldn't want to get into the habit of him ending games all the time.
Ya kinda weird to me that discussion happened in July as well.

My guess is it started with Jae asking for an extension, which the FO said no to. Perhaps he asked why and I guess maybe the FO brought up the CamJ extension talks. Jae maybe said, well I’m the starting PF, why you taking care of a bench guy before me? Then they said, well we see CamJ as a starter now.

Probably wasn’t handled the best way considering how upset Crowder got, but maybe there was no way to do it and keep Crowder happy. I think we all agree CamJ is the more important player going forward. Crowder just unwilling to accept that. Probably would’ve been smart to move him earlier on, but I’m sure the KD talks didn’t help.

Man I really wish Sacramento hadn’t backed out of the Barnes talks.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:52 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:41 pm
Maybe…they all said good things on camera, but I bet some of them aren’t exactly thrilled with Jae and they might spill the beans on him.
OK, but if you want to leak that, you go to national reporters that have clout, not a local radio guy.
Perhaps. You think Gambo is making up the players part? Maybe it’s a smaller time player that doesn’t get the national reporter interviews? Or Gambo heard it from a staffer that heard it from the players and he’s making himself seem more connected?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I sure af want other team GMs to want a Crowder who sees himself as both a starter or finishes games. We all know Cam Johnson has a higher ceiling than him and that it’s better now to deal with it rather than the middle of the season.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:56 pm
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Maybe…they all said good things on camera, but I bet some of them aren’t exactly thrilled with Jae and they might spill the beans on him.
OK, but if you want to leak that, you go to national reporters that have clout, not a local radio guy.
Perhaps. You think Gambo is making up the players part? Maybe it’s a smaller time player that doesn’t get the national reporter interviews? Or Gambo heard it from a staffer that heard it from the players and he’s making himself seem more connected?
It very could be a person that once played in the league, is local, and has a long-term connection with him. I just don't see any of the guys on the team last year texting him to talk about the Jae situation. Or he heard it from someone that said they heard it from players. Gambo isn't known for his journalistic authenticity. He talks out of his ass for a living and has been doing it for like 30 years.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:56 pm
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Whatever it is, I just want him gone. I don’t want players that put themselves above the team and whine like a bitch if they don’t get their way.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

How about this:

Suns- Bogdan Bogdanovic

Heat: Crowder, Shamet

Hawks: Duncan Robinson, Gabe Vincent, 1st from heat, 1st from Suns

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Bogdan is surprisingly an incredibly average 3P shooter

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He's recovering from a knee surgery, already has a history of knee issues, and has a surprisingly high number of miles on his body considering his age.

Also consider his contract and he's arguably a net negative over the next few seasons if he can't stay healthy.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

I say bench him & use him as an expiring at the trade deadline.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:32 am
I say bench him & use him as an expiring at the trade deadline.
I think he's staying home until a trade.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

The Mavs do not have any interest in Jae Crowder, per Gambo.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Doesn’t surprise me, they don’t really have a spot for him. They’ve got McGee, Powell, Wood, Kleber, Bertans, and Finney-Smith to find time for.

INFORMER

Re: Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:06 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:51 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:37 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:56 am
I guess my question would be why do you care what our new owner spends? Ya Harris is overpaid by a lot, but it’s only 2 years and it doesn’t hurt our ability to make moves. Just adds to the luxury tax bill.
I remember most of y'all caring when it came to spending money on Ayton.
Because we knew resources were limited, aka Sarver.
That plus he actually had value and paying him max money diminishes his value. With Ayton I just wanted to spend the money elsewhere.
Exactly. It wasn't about having limited resources; it was about using resources wisely.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:11 am
Hopefully we take care of this quickly and improve the team. Or at least give us the means to improve the team.
It's silly that this wasn't taken care of already.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I didn't like the Jae Crowder signing, but I'm not going to deny he has been really solid for the team. His toughness, hustle, and ability to make a high volume of 3s has been very important to the Suns regular season dominance.

The problem with his acquisition and his spot/role on the team is that it has miscast him as a starting 4 and Jones has continued to refuse to put playable size next to Ayton.

I'm not sure if any of the rumored destinations are actually realistic; Crowder's salary makes him hard to find a suitable match in a trade. Here are tje targets I'm hoping for:

Atlanta: Justin Holiday and Jalen Johnson
Chicago: Coby White + Javonte Green or Tony Bradley
Detroit: Kemba Walker/2nd rounder
New York: Obi Toppin and Cam Reddish
Washington: 2 from the following - Rui Hachinmura, Corey Kispert, and Deni Avdija

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Kemba and a 2nd for Crowder???!!!????? WHAT????!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sorry, that is better than him just staying home, or taking on salary beyond this year on a mediocre player.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

At least ask for two 2nds :lol:

much rather sits his ass until the deadline if that’s the best we can get

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:17 pm
Sorry, that is better than him just staying home, or taking on salary beyond this year on a mediocre player.
Not fooling me. Many of us know about your fetish for obscure 2nd round players. ;)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:30 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:17 pm
Not fooling me. Many of us know about your fetish for obscure 2nd round players. ;)
:lol: