Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by Shabazz »

Ja and Jae have been making googly-eyes at each other on Twitter. I’ll happily take back a Brandon Clarke package.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

That’s what you’ll happily take back, but what you’ll get is a corpse of Danny green

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

is ?s=42&t=oZ645Kt8eiwqjl_GJPWadg

I like Kevin love but not for this package.

Maybe Crowder, Craig and Dario.

Random thought- I always felt Kevin Love was destined to be a Sun at some point in his career.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:35 pm

Random thought- I always felt Kevin Love was destined to be a Sun at some point in his career.
Tom Gugliotta part deux.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:38 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:35 pm

Tom Gugliotta part deux.
He played 72 games last year. Also only has 1 year left on his contract. I would take the risk.

TOO

Post by TOO »

That's an easy yes from me. 30m off the books after the year and it gets rid of Laundry Shmeat too, that's a win.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Love was 21/12 per 36 and shot 40% from 3, he'd be dynamite as the backup 4/stretch 5.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Love would be a nice Crowder replacement. Would take a lot of contracts though

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:50 pm
Love was 21/12 per 36 and shot 40% from 3, he'd be dynamite as the backup 4/stretch 5.
This.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think Monty basically announcing Cam as the starting 4 today gives an indication about what we can expect from a Jae package (hint: not John Collins).

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:17 pm
I think Monty basically announcing Cam as the starting 4 today gives an indication about what we can expect from a Jae package (hint: not John Collins).
Perhaps…or Monty is just operating with the team he has now. I do think it’s more likely we just get a bench piece or 2.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Does he know something or just throwing stuff out there? I wouldn’t hate Cedí, he’s a useful player. Not a starter or a 4 though. He can do a little with the ball, but not exactly a 3rd creator.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

That would be totally underwhelming. Cedi is fine, but in terms of asset value, I feel like he’s closer to Torrey.

What a stupid stat also. My first thought was “when you don’t have a scouting department, your opinions are formed by how players played against you.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:03 pm
That would be totally underwhelming. Cedi is fine, but in terms of asset value, I feel like he’s closer to Torrey.

What a stupid stat also. My first thought was “when you don’t have a scouting department, your opinions are formed by how players played against you.”
Exactly. That was as much research as his source was willing to do?

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:26 pm

Does he know something or just throwing stuff out there? I wouldn’t hate Cedí, he’s a useful player. Not a starter or a 4 though. He can do a little with the ball, but not exactly a 3rd creator.
Problem with this stat: If the Suns trade for him, he wouldn’t get to play not even once against the Suns all year long… :lol:

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I like Cedi and I like him as a 3 level scorer off the bench. We'd still be missing the defense, but that's the trade off. I think he'd fit in well, all things considered.

I wonder if there's a 3way where we can send Jae to Cleveland but get back Cedi and then Brandon Clarke from Memphis.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:35 pm
Split T wrote:

Problem with this stat: If the Suns trade for him, he wouldn’t get to play not even once against the Suns all year long… :lol:
But at least they would know they don't have to deal with that for two games out of the season.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:18 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:35 pm
Split T wrote:

But at least they would know they don't have to deal with that for two games out of the season.
No doubt I play checkers while Gambo is playing chess…

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:11 pm
I like Cedi and I like him as a 3 level scorer off the bench. We'd still be missing the defense, but that's the trade off. I think he'd fit in well, all things considered.

I wonder if there's a 3way where we can send Jae to Cleveland but get back Cedi and then Brandon Clarke from Memphis.
I love Clarke, but so does Memphis. I cannot see a scenario where we get him for Crowder.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Osman again? I already Cedi would be a good player!