Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wormwood

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by Wormwood »

pickle wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:44 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:11 pm
I like Cedi and I like him as a 3 level scorer off the bench. We'd still be missing the defense, but that's the trade off. I think he'd fit in well, all things considered.

I wonder if there's a 3way where we can send Jae to Cleveland but get back Cedi and then Brandon Clarke from Memphis.
I love Clarke, but so does Memphis. I cannot see a scenario where we get him for Crowder.
1. Cedi averages 2.2 rpg in 22 mpg. That's terrible. I could average that.

2. Clarke's minutes in Memphis have been dropping, as has his usage. Memphis likes him, but they're less and less reliant on him for minutes. He doesn't stretch the floor, but he's incredibly efficient. I'd love to land him and play him alongside Saric / Londale.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cedí certainly isn’t a good rebounder, but I think you’d average .1 rebounds per 22 minutes WW

I think it’s important to remember that he also played with Allen, Mobley, Love, Markkanen. That was a massive team and a very good rebounding team. His career numbers are better. He’s better than Mikal as a rebounder.
Last edited by Split T on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

No to Cedi.

Yes to Clarke.

Yes to Barnes.

Hell no to Danny Green.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

It would be interesting if we end up with both CamJ and Clarke at the 4, since a lot of us wanted to draft Clarke over Cam.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’d be a little disappointed with Cedí, but at this point I think we passed the point to upgrade Crowder. Now we just need to add someone or multiple someone’s that are useful. Our starting lineup is set. Now we need depth. Cedí is at least a playable rotation guy.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Would you revisit Eric Gordon? Crowder and Shamet for Gordon?

I was skeptical in the past of signing melo but I’m with Split, finally. I would do it right now, he would instantly be our best bench player.

Sign Carmelo, then you’d have two guys off the bench that can handle the ball, get their own shot and shoot. Defense would suffer and injuries would be a major concern but id rather 60 games of Gordon and Melo than 82 games of Unplayable dog shit bench that it looks like we have now.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I get the sinking feeling that they expect Cam Payne and Shamet to have better seasons.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:35 am
Would you revisit Eric Gordon? Crowder and Shamet for Gordon?

I was skeptical in the past of signing melo but I’m with Split, finally. I would do it right now, he would instantly be our best bench player.

Sign Carmelo, then you’d have two guys off the bench that can handle the ball, get their own shot and shoot. Defense would suffer and injuries would be a major concern but id rather 60 games of Gordon and Melo than 82 games of Unplayable dog shit bench that it looks like we have now.
I would love to have Melo. I would also love to get any guard who could reduce our dependency on Payne / Shamet. I haven't totally given up on either Payne or Shamet, but I'm watching to see signs of improvement and steady contributions from them. If I don't see that soon, I will basically enter panic mode.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I think it's reasonable to expect a better season from Payne, but Shamet pretty much matched his career numbers, so I don't see much reason for hope there.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:20 pm
I think it's reasonable to expect a better season from Payne, but Shamet pretty much matched his career numbers, so I don't see much reason for hope there.
The argument for Shamet possibly having a better season is, he's only 25, and last year was his first year on a new team. This year he's older, wiser, more familiar with our system. And he did have some good playoff games and late-season play, better than his early outings as a Sun. So there is some hope for improvement. I don't think he has "it" in him to be a great bench guard, but maybe he'll show us something.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:01 pm
The Bobster wrote:
The argument for Shamet possibly having a better season is, he's only 25, and last year was his first year on a new team. This year he's older, wiser, more familiar with our system. And he did have some good playoff games and late-season play, better than his early outings as a Sun. So there is some hope for improvement. I don't think he has "it" in him to be a great bench guard, but maybe he'll show us something.
He's shown flashes. Now he has to show more consistency.
"Be Legendary."

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Yeah. Somebody needs to hold it down off the bench. Otherwise it’s ugly right now. I saw that Eric Gordon is switching representation to Book’s agency. Be nice to have a scorer off the bench who is consistent.

TOO

Post by TOO »

How long can this drag on before it becomes a real issue? Can we stash him til we can move Ayton?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:42 pm
How long can this drag on before it becomes a real issue? Can we stash him til we can move Ayton?
Well, seeing as we haven’t even played our second preseason game, I’d say we have a little time anyway.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:01 pm
The Bobster wrote:
He didn’t have good playoff games. He had a few good playoff PLAYS

Split T

Post by Split T »

He had a pretty good game against Dallas in game 5 I believe.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I still believe Payne can be a positive or well simply not a negative most nights as was the case last season

Shamet is more of a Hope thing right now tbh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:24 pm
He had a dunk and everyone busted about it. One good play.

He didn’t score until the end of the third quarter when the suns were up 19.

This is our most expensive bench player. Our supposed sixth man

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:58 pm
Split T wrote:

Not trying to say 1 game means much, but he was solid that whole game. I remember thinking we needed to try something else because Payne at the 1 was not the answer. We went to Shamet that game and the bench just played a lot better. He may not have scored until late, but he had a solid game.

Doesn’t mean I think he’s our 6th man. I’m definitely in favor of upgrading him.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:09 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:58 pm
Split T wrote:

Not trying to say 1 game means much, but he was solid that whole game. I remember thinking we needed to try something else because Payne at the 1 was not the answer. We went to Shamet that game and the bench just played a lot better. He may not have scored until late, but he had a solid game.

Doesn’t mean I think he’s our 6th man. I’m definitely in favor of upgrading him.
He hit 2 field goals. Is his bar that low?