Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by Split T »

I don’t care how many field goals he hit. The offense ran well with him at the point. That was something we weren’t getting with Payne

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:17 pm
I don’t care how many field goals he hit. The offense ran well with him at the point. That was something we weren’t getting with Payne
He had the second worst +\- of any bench player that night. He was a +4 in a game we won by 30 and every single player on the bench saw the court, and only Javale had a worse +\-

Even Payne was a +11

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:21 pm
Split T wrote:
He had the second worst +\- of any bench player that night. He was a +4 in a game we won by 30 and every single player on the bench saw the court, and only Javale had a worse +\-

Even Payne was a +11
Payne only played the final 4 minutes of the game against the Mavs scrubs, that +11 means absolutely nothing.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:28 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

Even Payne was a +11
Payne only played the final 4 minutes of the game against the Mavs scrubs, that +11 means absolutely nothing.
I’ll repeat, he was a +4 in a game we won by 30, didn’t score his first points until the end of the third when we were up 19, hit two field goals total and this is considered a good performance by our highest paid bench player.

Expect more. This is sad.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:34 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

Even Payne was a +11
I’ll repeat, he was a +4 in a game we won by 30, didn’t score his first points until the end of the third when we were up 19, hit two field goals total and this is considered a good performance by our highest paid bench player.

You really don’t listen to a thing I say…not worth it.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:44 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

Even Payne was a +11

I’m listening but it’s like nails on chalkboard. Landry Shamets good “playoff performances” were one game where he was as good as a 9th/10th man

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:46 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:44 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Even Payne was a +11

I’m listening but it’s like nails on chalkboard. Landry Shamets good “playoff performances” were one game where he was as good as a 9th/10th man
Split did say: Doesn’t mean I think he’s our 6th man. I’m definitely in favor of upgrading him.

Pretty sure you both agree more than you realize. A lot of wasted energy on a scrub that better figure it out. He hurt us tremendously last season by being a nothing off the bench when we needed to rest our guards.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:49 am
I think it will linger.
I'm beginning to think so too. There just aren't a lot of suitors out there that have matching contract salaries to move. It feels like the Suns might have to wait until December for some of these players that signed deals in this past offseason, or wait until some of these players that have recently been traded can be aggregated again in a trade with other salaries.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:40 am
Coby shot 38% from 3. He’s bigger than Payne. I’d be pretty happy if we get him.
Yeah, he is better than Payne.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s the Hawks…. I’d guess Justin Holiday would be the main piece back, but I’d want like Jalen Johnson too

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Crowder, Shamet and 2nd for Bogdanovic and Justin Holiday

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Bogdanovich hasn't played in the first 2 preseason games. Hunter has started and scared 17 and 21. Justin Holiday played 34 mins off the bench and a DNP the other game. Frank hasn't scored in 2 games but also cannot be traded until December 15th.

Not sure what other pieces than Hunter, Holiday, Bogdanovich make sense for both teams. Also not sure how we'd get Hunter without including Shamet's salary. Also not sure how you get someone to take Shamet's salary w o attaching a pick. Ideally an Eastern conference team is who I'd want to deal with.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

My conspiracy brain makes suspicious about both Shamet and Dario not playing today.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hunter only makes 9.8 million, fits perfectly into Crowders deal…but I don’t think there’s any chance Atlanta gives up Hunter. It’s Justin Holiday as the main piece and the negotiations would be over what else to sweeten the pot. They don’t have picks, so I’d want Griffin or Johnson.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

djy2j wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:04 am
Bogdanovich hasn't played in the first 2 preseason games. Hunter has started and scared 17 and 21. Justin Holiday played 34 mins off the bench and a DNP the other game. Frank hasn't scored in 2 games but also cannot be traded until December 15th.

Not sure what other pieces than Hunter, Holiday, Bogdanovich make sense for both teams. Also not sure how we'd get Hunter without including Shamet's salary. Also not sure how you get someone to take Shamet's salary w o attaching a pick. Ideally an Eastern conference team is who I'd want to deal with.
Hunter actually makes less than Crowder, so they could just be swapped. Don't know if the Hawks would do that, though. I would do it today.

EDIT: Split beat me to it.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Am I crazy to think Atlanta would never do this? Hunter is better in about every way over Jae…except at maybe staying healthy.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:14 am
Split T wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:24 pm
He had a pretty good game against Dallas in game 5 I believe.
He had a dunk and everyone busted about it. One good play.

He didn’t score until the end of the third quarter when the suns were up 19.

This is our most expensive bench player. Our supposed sixth man
Re: Jae Crowder trade requestQuote bajanguy008
by bajanguy008 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:16 pm

I still believe Payne can be a positive or well simply not a negative most nights as was the case last season

Shamet is more of a Hope thing right now tbh
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:14 am
djy2j wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:04 am

Hunter actually makes less than Crowder, so they could just be swapped. Don't know if the Hawks would do that, though. I would do it today.

EDIT: Split beat me to it.
Same. Less Bogi mins since the addition of Murray so that's something that could mean he could be involved also.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I have my doubts about them trading Bogdon, but I’d definitely take him for Jae and Shamet or Saric.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’d do this too

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:28 am
I’d do this too

I would too but Shams made it sound like they want to keep Collins but you never know I guess. Young, Murray, and Collins were mentioned in the video, so I’m assuming everyone not mentioned could potentially be on the table for deals.