Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:14 pm
Is there any interesting targets in particular that’ll become eligible to be traded after 12/15 y’all want?
Haven’t looked too closely at it…but it also makes more players on our team trade eligible…Just makes salary matching much easier too.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote:
Is there any interesting targets in particular that’ll become eligible to be traded after 12/15 y’all want?
Some kind of trade for Yuta Wanatabe & Keef Morris with Brooklyn.
Denver - Bruce Brown & filler but Brown has a player option for 6.8M next year.
Don't like the idea of trading for Lakers but Lonnie Walker would be a nice fit.
Caleb Martin from Miami would be a good get but you'd need salaries from them to match. Max Strus would be good. They'd ask for a pick or something tho.
Gary Payton II is almost back from injury. He makes about 9M for the next 2 years then a PO in 3rd year.
To Toronto to Juancho and Otto Porter.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

pickle wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:36 am
Is there some plausible scenario where we send Crowder to the Wolves to get Reid and something? Maybe Slomo?
I like Reid too, but I don't think they'll move him while KAT is out. I think a Slomo for Crowder swap could be done anytime the Suns want to do it.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:40 pm
I don’t know why the Pelicans would want Crowder but I would love to get Dyson Daniels from them.
I think Green would really value Crowder's veteran presence, toughness, and three-point shooting. But they aren't moving Daniels. I think he is untouchable unless they are getting an all-star back.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

pickle wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 pm
It’s never gonna happen but I’d give up 2 firsts with crowder and other contracts to get OG. Even if he’s up for an extension soon.
Massive overpay. OG is injured a lot and has shown signs of being a malcontent. No way you give up 2 firsts for him. But Toronto is open to moving him.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:44 am
Wormwood wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:06 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:49 am
Wormwood wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:44 am
It seems like Jones is holding on for the perfect deal to come along where he turns Saric and Crowder plus a pick into an all-star.

What will really happen: we'll reach the trade deadline, nothing will happen, teams will offer us crap and insist on a 1st round pick, Crowder will get cut and we'll get nothing, Saric will continue stinking it up as our 4th string power forward. Jones is absolutely terrible at understanding his leverage, and never seems to pull the trigger on anything but awful deals giving away picks for nothing. (e.g. Stix).
Ok, calm down…Crowder isn’t getting cut. I don’t think James Jones has really made any bad trades…except probably Carter/1st for Shamet.
If he hasn't been moved by the deadline, after the deadline he will be released.
First, the chances of him not getting moved are near zero…There’s no reason to believe that. Teams aren’t just going to refuse to offer anything all at the same time. They want Crowder, they’ll offer what they’re willing to offer. There’s no reason for their offers to drop in value.

You’re just being needlessly pessimistic…we’re in 1st place without Crowder…there’s no reason to panic trade him. There’s also obvious dates that make sense why he hasn’t been moved. Like 1/4th of the league becomes trade eligible in 10 days.
Yeah, it's worth to wait for 15/12 before panic. And I'm enjoying the validation on the front office by sending him home AND keep him there while the team is still rolling. You have to keep your players happy, but you can't become hostage and giving them all they want, specially on terms about salary and role within the team.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:45 pm
Wally_West wrote:
I love Bruce Brown, but he has been great for Denver. They aren't moving him for Crowder.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:46 pm
I like Reid too, but I don't think they'll move him while KAT is out. I think a Slomo for Crowder swap could be done anytime the Suns want to do it.
I'd rather the Suns played at regular speed!

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:49 pm
pickle wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 pm
It’s never gonna happen but I’d give up 2 firsts with crowder and other contracts to get OG. Even if he’s up for an extension soon.
Massive overpay. OG is injured a lot and has shown signs of being a malcontent. No way you give up 2 firsts for him. But Toronto is open to moving him.
I usually dislike moving first rounders, so that statement was made to highlight how much I’d like to get a guy like OG on our team. Having a 4 with size who can defend and can put up 20 on some nights with a modicum of consistency who also happens to be on the same timeline as our other stars … yes I saw the chatter that the Raps were open to moving him before start of the season but they probably aren’t any more. I am drooling thinking about a defense anchored by OG and Mikal in the perimeter and Ayton in the paint.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:51 pm
carey wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:45 pm
Wally_West wrote:
I love Bruce Brown, but he has been great for Denver. They aren't moving him for Crowder.
I read Bruce Bowen like 8x when I saw this and kept thinking it was a joke or that he came back into the league as an old AF player.

Edit: he's 51 years old? I feel really old now. Seems like he was just playing a few years ago.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

pickle

Post by pickle »

He got fired by the clips as the color guy when they were recruiting Kawhi and he criticized Kawhi’s load management and the way he handled the Spurs departure. Not sure what he does as a full time gig now but there’s this app where you can pay a few bucks for celebrities to say some random lines. I think his rate is like 40 bucks for a line that was no more than a minute. Friend of mine got him to read a line a couple of years back.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:39 pm
Fuck Jae Crowder

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He stopped himself from playing. That was in his control.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Interesting date for trades coming up in addition to 12/15. Dec 9th is the last day you can trade for a player and then aggregate that player in another trade this season.

JAKE_ROWDER

Post by JAKE_ROWDER »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:03 pm
NAH MAN CROWDER DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG.! ITS THE SUNS WHO WERE AT FAULT 100%. IN MY UNBIASED OPINION

- JAKE

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:39 pm
This was almost confusing in that I thought, "He's accepted that he can't have a life as a woman?" for a moment.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JAKE_ROWDER wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:03 pm
NAH MAN CROWDER DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG.! ITS THE SUNS WHO WERE AT FAULT 100%. IN MY UNBIASED OPINION

- JAKE
Ha ha. Yeah, what is up with .! Somebody teach Crowder how to punctuate. And also how to turn the caps lock key off while they're at it.
"Be Legendary."