Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by JeremyG »

Yeah, I was gonna say that all these deals seem to fall through because Jones doesn't want to give up any first round draft picks. He's still holding on to the KD pipe dream or something. Because we all know he doesn't care so much about using the picks himself.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:54 am
I would love to get KJ Martin. And I would prefer Shamet be part of that deal instead of Saric.

I also think it might sense to save Crowder to package with Ayton.
I'm not sure the same team would value both Crowder AND Ayton unless you're meaning in a 3 team deal. I figure teams would want Crowder for a playoff push and Ayton as part of a rebuild so I'd be shocked if they went to the same team.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:29 am
INFORMER wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:54 am
I would love to get KJ Martin. And I would prefer Shamet be part of that deal instead of Saric.

I also think it might sense to save Crowder to package with Ayton.
I'm not sure the same team would value both Crowder AND Ayton unless you're meaning in a 3 team deal. I figure teams would want Crowder for a playoff push and Ayton as part of a rebuild so I'd be shocked if they went to the same team.
Ayton has shown he can be a force in the playoffs, I mean they were literally the starting front court of a finals team.

I do get what you’re saying though. The teams most interested in Crowder are going to be those that are right at the top who just need role players to round out the roster(Bucks). The teams most interested in Ayton are trying to build themselves into a contender. I think there could be a nice middle ground where you could find a team that could use both. An up and coming team that’s a borderline playoff team now but could solidify themselves as one with those 2. The example INF gave was New York..that seems reasonable. Same with Washington, maybe Atlanta…I think the season has gotten away from Charlotte a bit, but they would’ve been one.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So Jones either trades picks because he hates the draft and is mortgaging the future to win now or gets shit for keeping picks and not using them in trades because he hates the draft and blows the picks....which is it?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Not sure how true this is but I've thought he might be a good fit there on paper. I don't think they'd give up much more than Fournier and maybe a conditional 1st to take on his salary. He's consistently inconsistent, but would add a bit more size, ballhandling and shot creation on the perimeter. Same as with EG, I'd worry about a bit of a logjam at the 2/3.

Last edited by ShelC on Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Prefer to trade Crowder and Saric for Randle

Split T

Post by Split T »

Randle is playing well, I’m not sure NY would be looking to move him anymore

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:08 pm
I'd be shocked if the Knicks would give him up for that, but if be all for this. I feel like there's definitely some good Crowder trade options out there. Hopefully we get one.

Split T

Post by Split T »

As for Fournier, I’d be pretty underwhelmed if that was the move. He’s been pretty bad this year. Not sure he is better than Shamet/Lee at this point. I would definitely need more. If it was Crowder/Shamet for Fournier/Toppin? Ok then I’d listen.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I doubt the Knicks are giving up Toppin in any deal. And that rumor may have been the Knicks trying to drum up interest in Fournier since he's out of the rotation. They could've called and Jones said "no way", but it makes the rounds on social.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:21 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:08 pm
I'd be shocked if the Knicks would give him up for that, but if be all for this. I feel like there's definitely some good Crowder trade options out there. Hopefully we get one.
I would include draft compensation to get it done.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If all we get for Crowder is Fournier or Grayson Allen, I will be disappointed. My guess is we lower our ask and take just Eric Gordon for him, losing out on KJ Martin. Or we throw in a 1st to get Martin in the deal, but I wouldn't advise that.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

BTW, I am a little worried about trading Crowder where he ends up in Milwaukee. They are arguably the best team in the East this year, and if we are so lucky as to make a deep playoff run ourselves, we may be helping our Finals opponent. Is that wise?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:23 pm
BTW, I am a little worried about trading Crowder where he ends up in Milwaukee. They are arguably the best team in the East this year, and if we are so lucky as to make a deep playoff run ourselves, we may be helping our Finals opponent. Is that wise?
Eh, if we make the finals we can deal with that problem. I’d be pretty happy just to be in the finals.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

First world problem.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

FWIW, he used to be the Bucks beatwriter

TOO

Post by TOO »

C'mon man, do they really have to pursue one of the most unlikable dudes in the league?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I want to think “extensive research” is code for “shopping him to every team”.

I wouldn’t rule out Allen ending up in Phoenix, but I think there would have to be another rotation player coming along with him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I don't buy that the Suns have any interest in Allen. He's got a reputation for being a POS and I don't think Jones would risk disrupting chemistry for a marginal player like that doucher.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I think if we wanted Allen, Jae for him would have been a done deal a while ago.