Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by djy2j »

I think they'd probably have to pay him so that the NBAPA doesn't step in. It'd be an even bigger distraction to this team not to pay him.

Kinda dumb that Crowder has burned his bridges here in Phoenix after being such an important piece in this uprising. Not going to root against him but I won't really cheer him either. I think he is hurting the value of his next contract by doing this. Even if he puts up the exact same stats on his next team he's not earning what he thinks he's going to earn. Plus the stupid IG videos he's been uploading are just short of ridiculous.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:39 pm
I get that teams want to maintain good player relations. But I don't know why you pay Jae Crowder to refuse to play. If the team was forcing him to sit out so they could trade him or keep him from getting injured, fine. But he refuses to play! He's not honoring his contract! Fine his ass and keep his money. Fuck him.
We don’t want a Ben Simmons situation…if it turns ugly the offers probably go down.

carey

Post by carey »

Jae has already said on Twitter that he never refused to play. He keeps calling it a mutual decision.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

pickle

Post by pickle »

And it probably was a mutual decision… honestly I don’t see this team as one that would go out of its way to make the players feel great. Not saying we need to kowtow necessarily.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Jae has to be watching what's happening on the floor and be biting himself...any chance that either...

a. The organization decides to sit him the rest of the season...for some 'example' reason or something.
b. Or...they kiss and make up?

VT

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

He just needs to be gone.

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

carey wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:48 pm
Jae has already said on Twitter that he never refused to play. He keeps calling it a mutual decision.
Clearly, Jae has burned some kind of bridge with the team. He'll never see the floor as a Phoenix Sun again.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Bulls game tonight made me think: Could we trade Crowder to the Bulls for Caruso? I love Caruso and think he'd be a helpful addition for us. We could throw in a 2nd rounder or something to make it worth their while. Bulls probably wouldn't do it right now since they haven't given up on their season. But maybe in a month if their record sucks they'd start doing a fire sale?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:58 pm
The Bulls game tonight made me think: Could we trade Crowder to the Bulls for Caruso? I love Caruso and think he'd be a helpful addition for us. We could throw in a 2nd rounder or something to make it worth their while. Bulls probably wouldn't do it right now since they haven't given up on their season. But maybe in a month if their record sucks they'd start doing a fire sale?
I don't see what incentive they have to trade him. Even if they blow it up, he's on a reasonable deal and should be someone they keep.

I wouldn't mind Patrick Williams, but he hasn't progressed the way I'd hoped. I still like his upside.

carey

Post by carey »

I don’t know why the Pelicans would want Crowder but I would love to get Dyson Daniels from them.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

pickle

Post by pickle »

It’s never gonna happen but I’d give up 2 firsts with crowder and other contracts to get OG. Even if he’s up for an extension soon.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

It seems like Jones is holding on for the perfect deal to come along where he turns Saric and Crowder plus a pick into an all-star.

What will really happen: we'll reach the trade deadline, nothing will happen, teams will offer us crap and insist on a 1st round pick, Crowder will get cut and we'll get nothing, Saric will continue stinking it up as our 4th string power forward. Jones is absolutely terrible at understanding his leverage, and never seems to pull the trigger on anything but awful deals giving away picks for nothing. (e.g. Stix).

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wormwood wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:44 am
It seems like Jones is holding on for the perfect deal to come along where he turns Saric and Crowder plus a pick into an all-star.

What will really happen: we'll reach the trade deadline, nothing will happen, teams will offer us crap and insist on a 1st round pick, Crowder will get cut and we'll get nothing, Saric will continue stinking it up as our 4th string power forward. Jones is absolutely terrible at understanding his leverage, and never seems to pull the trigger on anything but awful deals giving away picks for nothing. (e.g. Stix).
Ok, calm down…Crowder isn’t getting cut. I don’t think James Jones has really made any bad trades…except probably Carter/1st for Shamet.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:49 am
Wormwood wrote:

Ok, calm down…Crowder isn’t getting cut. I don’t think James Jones has really made any bad trades…except probably Carter/1st for Shamet.
If he hasn't been moved by the deadline, after the deadline he will be released.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wormwood wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:06 am
Split T wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

If he hasn't been moved by the deadline, after the deadline he will be released.
A long way to go until then. At this point it's worth waiting until 12/15 when trade restrictions are lifted on a number of players.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wormwood wrote:
Split T wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

First, the chances of him not getting moved are near zero…There’s no reason to believe that. Teams aren’t just going to refuse to offer anything all at the same time. They want Crowder, they’ll offer what they’re willing to offer. There’s no reason for their offers to drop in value.

You’re just being needlessly pessimistic…we’re in 1st place without Crowder…there’s no reason to panic trade him. There’s also obvious dates that make sense why he hasn’t been moved. Like 1/4th of the league becomes trade eligible in 10 days.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Is there any interesting targets in particular that’ll become eligible to be traded after 12/15 y’all want?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wormwood wrote:
Split T wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

And after he clears waivers he signs with the Bucks. Fuck that.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

If he’s not moved by the deadline I’m holding on to him until the end of the year. Fuck Jae Crowder.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:44 am
Wormwood wrote:
Split T wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

First, the chances of him not getting moved are near zero…There’s no reason to believe that. Teams aren’t just going to refuse to offer anything all at the same time. They want Crowder, they’ll offer what they’re willing to offer. There’s no reason for their offers to drop in value.

You’re just being needlessly pessimistic…we’re in 1st place without Crowder…there’s no reason to panic trade him. There’s also obvious dates that make sense why he hasn’t been moved. Like 1/4th of the league becomes trade eligible in 10 days.
Some reports have Jae in a 4-5 team trade, so it might not be about who we're getting that eligible. That player might be going to another team. There's no chance we waive Crowder. We might settle, but no one else is getting him for nothing this year. And I dunno if he's willing to sit out an entire year. That will sink his earning potential, whether he likes it or not.