Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by Split T »

Is Allen even an improvement on Shamet? Maybe slightly.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm
Is Allen even an improvement on Shamet? Maybe slightly.
He's got him beat greatly on the annoyance scale.
"Be Legendary."

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Somehow I don't see Monty wanting Grayson to be dating one of his daughters.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We can do better than Grayson Allen.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Some interesting stuff in here. I would love to work out a Crowder + stuff for Collins trade. Though it’d probably take multiple 1sts. Also mentions Kuzma, Barnes, and KJ Martin as targets. I like all of those.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Across the league, multiple teams are tracking the Phoenix Suns in the trade market as they work to find a home for disgruntled forward Jae Crowder. The Milwaukee Bucks and Atlanta Hawks have been engaged with the Suns on a potential Crowder deal in recent weeks and months, but recently there’s been a new wrinkle across the trade landscape.

The Hawks have opened up preliminary trade discussions around forward John Collins, as interested teams inquire, league sources tell The Athletic. The Suns are a team showing desire in Collins, those sources have added, but they appear uninclined to take on the long-term money of Collins, who is in the second season of a five-year, $125 million contract. The Hawks don’t have an imminent deal in place involving Collins, those sources say, and executives around the league believe a potential deal will be weeks and potentially months in the making ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline.

The Suns have a handful of first-rounders to move, but given the team’s impending ownership change, it’s also uncertain how many future assets the current regime can move. In addition, the Suns expressed interest in forwards such as Sacramento’s Harrison Barnes, Washington’s Kyle Kuzma and Houston’s KJ Martin, league sources have said.

The Suns engaged in rookie extension negotiations with Cam Johnson prior to the regular season, with a final offer of four years in the range of $66 million, sources say. Phoenix refused to move higher toward the figure Johnson had desired. He is currently sidelined after undergoing surgery to remove part of his right meniscus.

“Negotiations are interesting, especially when ownership is unclear,” Johnson said when the extension deadline expired without a deal. The Suns’ valuable starting forward will now enter restricted free agency in July as one of the most versatile and sought after players in the open market.
Also some Cam Johnson stuff. He was smart not to take 4/66. He’ll get way more than that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Thought…what if it’s a 3 team deal:

Crowder and 2 1sts to Atlanta
Collins to Washington
Kuzma to Phoenix.

With a 1st coming from each team. Is that fair for everyone? Could switch out Kuzma for Barnes as well. We’d need to add a contract in both cases I believe.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Collins or Kuzma? What's the preference?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:21 am
I'd prefer Kuzma. Better defender, more efficient. But I'd also happily take Collins as well. We need a long term solution at PF, and Cam Johnson isn't it. He's a sixth man and more of a tweener or SF. His body just can't handle playing PF.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Wormwood wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:31 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:21 am
I'd prefer Kuzma. Better defender, more efficient. But I'd also happily take Collins as well. We need a long term solution at PF, and Cam Johnson isn't it. He's a sixth man and more of a tweener or SF. His body just can't handle playing PF.
I pretty much agree with this except I'd take Collins over Kuzma.

Johnson is a great third forward, but he's not really going to help you a lot defensively or on the boards against anybody with any size and physicality.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

TOO

Post by TOO »

I still love John Collins I'd leave James Jones alone for at least 2 weeks if he landed Collins for Quitter.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why is Kuzma so desired? I'm trying to understand what everyone is thinking.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:06 am
Why is Kuzma so desired? I'm trying to understand what everyone is thinking.
Hes just a pretty good basketball player. Would fit the offense very well.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:57 am
I still love John Collins I'd leave James Jones alone for at least 2 weeks if he landed Collins for Quitter.
Ha. What a bargain for Jones! :lol: Two whole weeks?!
"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Collins would be great. And Paul has always done well with rim cutting power forwards.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Kuz would be a great fit offensively, not sure about his defense and I think some of his off-court stuff might not be what Jones/Monty want to bring in. Not necessarily a negative, but a bit Oubre-esque. I also like Hachimura but he's a bit similar, maybe a little worse.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Would love to get Collins. But we'd probably have to include multiple 1st round picks. That would likely make it harder for us to be available for any KD trade scenarios. Is that what we want?

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:41 am
Would love to get Collins. But we'd probably have to include multiple 1st round picks. That would likely make it harder for us to be available for any KD trade scenarios. Is that what we want?
Even though I don't think it's what KD wants, I don't think Brooklyn is going to give him up for any reasonable offer. Like, I think they wouldn't give us KD for anything less than Booker and all our picks. At this point, I think I'm fine moving on from KD. I just think it takes us out of the running for so many more attainable options. I'd love KD, just don't think he's realistically attainable.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

How about this?

Hawks- Ayton, Crowder, Seth Curry

Nets- John Collins, Jalen Johnson, Cam Johnson, Shamet, 4 1st and 2 1st swaps from Suns, 1st from Hawks.

Suns- KD, Capela

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:50 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:41 am
Even though I don't think it's what KD wants, I don't think Brooklyn is going to give him up for any reasonable offer. Like, I think they wouldn't give us KD for anything less than Booker and all our picks. At this point, I think I'm fine moving on from KD. I just think it takes us out of the running for so many more attainable options. I'd love KD, just don't think he's realistically attainable.
Yeah, I think that may be where I'm landing, too. BKN seems to want teams to just bowl them over with their offers. They probably want us to give them Ayton, Mikal, AND multiple 1sts. I just wouldn't pay that, even for KD. I'd give them maybe Ayton, CamJ, two 1sts. That's already a lot. I think if we give up much more than that, we won't actually have enough to be a title team, and/or will be too hamstrung a decade from now. You can't just trade 5 1sts for one guy. Minnesota is learning that lesson the hard way.

My guess is that BKN will get other sexy offers for KD and won't want to accept less than our very best offer. And I don't think sitting around holding our breath all year and ignoring all the other good deals on the table is wise. We could grab a Collins or Bogdanovic or Gordon or some other guy who can genuinely help push us over the top; we should do it.