Phoenix Suns Training Camp 2022

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Phoenix Suns Training Camp 2022

Post by The Bobster »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:48 pm
The media doesn't hold teams accountable; this is gossipy drama stuff that distracts from basketball. I don't think the Suns coaching staff or players need to let the media turn every interview into a drama tea spilling session. They can and should focus on playing basketball. If they are having any conversations to clear the air, they can do that privately.
A lot of fans eat that stuff up though, and media outlets are always looking for "a big story" to draw traffic to their web sites or get people to tune in to their channel.

I think most of the hard core fans would rather hear about who looks good in practice and what the teams is doing to fill holes than whether a player is getting along with the coach. (although I see plenty of us here interested in that too)
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:38 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:48 pm
The media doesn't hold teams accountable; this is gossipy drama stuff that distracts from basketball. I don't think the Suns coaching staff or players need to let the media turn every interview into a drama tea spilling session. They can and should focus on playing basketball. If they are having any conversations to clear the air, they can do that privately.
A lot of fans eat that stuff up though, and media outlets are always looking for "a big story" to draw traffic to their web sites or get people to tune in to their channel.

I think most of the hard core fans would rather hear about who looks good in practice and what the teams is doing to fill holes than whether a player is getting along with the coach. (although I see plenty of us here interested in that too)
Conflict and controversy sells. Just watch the news. Or reality TV. (NO THANKS!)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:24 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:21 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:11 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:09 pm

What does that mean?
5 years in the league I think?
And the 10 toes? 5 more years?
Being "ten toes deep" is a euphemism for being fully committed.
Thank you. That's a positive thing coming out of Ayton.
So I was playing NBA2K last night and noticed a lyric to one of the soundtrack songs...

10 toes, that's my MO

Oh Deandre... :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm glad to see another couple persons beginning to talk about Landale as the summer has gone on
He intrigues me 😀☺️
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:42 pm
Gotta call BS on that one Monty unless you’re talking about guys for spots 13-17.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

A revengeful from Ayton, but Landale had the best answer…wasn’t someone complaining about him not being humble? Haha

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Good stuff to hear:

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I feel like we've said that and even seen it at times during the season for some stretches with Mikal and Cam bringing the ball up and running offense but it never really sustains. We need them to be more aggressive halfcourt scorers, not just bringing the ball up and running some screen and rolls.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:22 pm
I feel like we've said that and even seen it at times during the season for some stretches with Mikal and Cam bringing the ball up and running offense but it never really sustains. We need them to be more aggressive halfcourt scorers, not just bringing the ball up and running some screen and rolls.
I agree we need them to be more aggressive, but I don’t think we’ve ever seen this or heard this before. The closest we’ve seen it is when Crowder brought the ball up against the Pelicans, but that was just to avoid the ball pressure on CP3. I can’t ever recall Mikal or CamJ bringing the ball up as part of some sort of strategy.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

And so it begins…basketball szn is here.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Man, I'm learning Paul has a LARGE family. Seems like I hear about a new family member every interview.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:42 pm
I got married and ended up playing with jock more than I'd like. Booker is just dating so he doesn't need to be doing that. Kendall seems like a satisfactory provider of those kinds of services.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:48 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:42 pm
Gotta call BS on that one Monty unless you’re talking about guys for spots 13-17.
You only have so many minutes and so many dollars. Why do you call BS? Guys can call and be like "yo, coach. I'd love to play with CP and Book and ya'll. Damn, that looks like a good time" and it never amount to anything more. He's been in the league and is well known amonst players. Not unfathomable.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yup
We will be trolled relentlessly

If you don't get a laugh over some of the ridiculousness it might be best to not check too much social media
And as we all know we gave people plenty of stats to choose from it they wanna mock us

Not only that, the fall back will always be Suns gonna just get punk in playoffs again so regardless of how we play it's not going to matter
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:45 pm
Yup
We will be trolled relentlessly

If you don't get a laugh over some of the ridiculousness it might be best to not check too much social media
And as we all know we gave people plenty of stats to choose from it they wanna mock us

Not only that, the fall back will always be Suns gonna just get punk in playoffs again so regardless of how we play it's not going to matter
Thankfully, there are games to be played. Wins aren't determined over social media. It's just noise.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:27 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:22 pm
I agree we need them to be more aggressive, but I don’t think we’ve ever seen this or heard this before. The closest we’ve seen it is when Crowder brought the ball up against the Pelicans, but that was just to avoid the ball pressure on CP3. I can’t ever recall Mikal or CamJ bringing the ball up as part of some sort of strategy.
There were times last year where CP would throw the ball to one of them in the backcourt to keep it and run offense. We were using Mikal in that ballhandling role a bit but it was never anything consistent.