Phoenix Suns Training Camp 2022

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Phoenix Suns Training Camp 2022

Post by ShelC »

Part of me thinks Phoenix and BK are just waiting to make that KD deal. BK's trying to put up a good front on their situation, Monty and DA don't even seem to be attempting to. But I think KD still wants out and wants to come to Phoenix to play with CP and Book and that probably won't change. CP and Book know they need him to get this team over the hump. You can't have that much smoke in the offseason and then just go back to normal like nothing happened. And it sure doesn't seem like DA wants to really be in Phoenix and might need a fresh start. The question is whether he'll accept a trade to BK.

What really sucks now is that the Monty/DA stuff is carrying over to where other guys are answering questions about it. That's the kind of stuff that can wear a team down.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

All the things Ayton said made him sound more mature about being a professional. It's great and I hope it translates to the court.

Maybe he's just bummed out all the time now because he can't play 2K and eat carne asada fries?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

There's the possibility that he gives 100% on the court and just doesn't really talk with Monty off the court. Does he need to be as close with Monty as CP or Book are? Probably not, but the relationship doesn't seem healthy either way. It's only an issue if it becomes an issue.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ultimately all that matters is how they play. Ayton is clearly pissy, but if he shows up and plays hard/well, that's fine by me. Winning games can cure a lot of locker room BS.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Pretty hard to see how this can translate to success on the court but I’ve lasted this long as a Suns fan so what’s a little extra optimism this time of year… I’m setting my expectations at play in this year. Sorry if I’m being a Debbie Downer.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just watch, Duane Washington Jr. is gonna have a Jordan Poole like breakout, Okogie will have figured out how to shoot corner 3s and Landale will be like the 7 game sample of Frank last year, only he’ll stay healthy.

Then Ish will really be Jae 2.0 and Darío/Payne will channel their 2020-21 season. CP3 will stay healthy, Book will take on more creation responsibility and flourish. Mikal and Cam will both figure out how to get to the rim against closeouts and Ayton will play pissed off all year and average 21/12 with 3 dunks and 6 fta a game.

Suns will go 74-8 and set the wins record as Booker wins MVP, we have 4 all-stars, DPOY, MIP, and COTY. We sweep the west in the playoffs and then beat Milwaukee 4-1 in the finals with our only loss being some fluke game where Giannis drops 55 because he hit 6/7 from 3.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Encouraging numbers here

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:26 am
Just watch, Duane Washington Jr. is gonna have a Jordan Poole like breakout, Okogie will have figured out how to shoot corner 3s and Landale will be like the 7 game sample of Frank last year, only he’ll stay healthy.

Then Ish will really be Jae 2.0 and Darío/Payne will channel their 2020-21 season. CP3 will stay healthy, Book will take on more creation responsibility and flourish. Mikal and Cam will both figure out how to get to the rim against closeouts and Ayton will play pissed off all year and average 21/12 with 3 dunks and 6 fta a game.

Suns will go 74-8 and set the wins record as Booker wins MVP, we have 4 all-stars, DPOY, MIP, and COTY. We sweep the west in the playoffs and then beat Milwaukee 4-1 in the finals with our only loss being some fluke game where Giannis drops 55 because he hit 6/7 from 3 Scott Foster is the referee.
FIFY. Other than that, yes I'm sure everything else will play out exactly as you said. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:33 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:26 am

Suns will go 74-8 and set the wins record as Booker wins MVP, we have 4 all-stars, DPOY, MIP, and COTY. We sweep the west in the playoffs and then beat Milwaukee 4-1 in the finals with our only loss being some fluke game where Giannis drops 55 because he hit 6/7 from 3 Scott Foster is the referee.
FIFY. Other than that, yes I'm sure everything else will play out exactly as you said. :P
Haha, ok that’s pretty good

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

This is why Phoenix sports teams can get away with anything. We have no media holding them accountable.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:58 pm

This is why Phoenix sports teams can get away with anything. We have no media holding them accountable.
Yeah, it's media 101 to get on the interviewee's bad side so he'll never take questions from you again. And if you've noticed, all the media is talking about this. That's not holding them accountable?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The media doesn't hold teams accountable; this is gossipy drama stuff that distracts from basketball. I don't think the Suns coaching staff or players need to let the media turn every interview into a drama tea spilling session. They can and should focus on playing basketball. If they are having any conversations to clear the air, they can do that privately.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:32 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:58 pm

Yeah, it's media 101 to get on the interviewee's bad side so he'll never take questions from you again. And if you've noticed, all the media is talking about this. That's not holding them accountable?
I'm saying there's a (well-known) marked difference in the way the teams here are handled by the media compared to other markets (such as Philly, NYC, etc.).