Suns 2022 Preseason News and Notes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns 2022 Preseason News and Notes

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:26 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:18 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:05 pm
He's saying he didn't care what type of max it was, a max is a max.
But he still wanted a max…he still wanted the money. If he didn’t care about the money he would’ve taken a lesser deal.

I think he’s saying that just to cover himself. I think he wanted nothing short of the 5 year designated rookie max with full escalators and he’s saying a max is a max to avoid having to answer for why he didn’t get the 5 year max from Phoenix.
Of course he wants more money. Come on! Who wouldn’t?! It’s a non-story though. At the end of the day, he got a LOT of money. You move forward now.
Of course, I don’t have a problem with Ayton saying what he did, just don’t agree with Jeremy’s interpretation.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:26 pm
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
But he still wanted a max…he still wanted the money. If he didn’t care about the money he would’ve taken a lesser deal.

I think he’s saying that just to cover himself. I think he wanted nothing short of the 5 year designated rookie max with full escalators and he’s saying a max is a max to avoid having to answer for why he didn’t get the 5 year max from Phoenix.
Of course he wants more money. Come on! Who wouldn’t?! It’s a non-story though. At the end of the day, he got a LOT of money. You move forward now.
Of course, I don’t have a problem with Ayton saying what he did, just don’t agree with Jeremy’s interpretation.
It is completely poor management from Fagan on this. He somehow convinced Ayton that he was worth a 5 year full max contract, and even after that was clearly not true, he convinced him he was worth the 4 year max and that MULTIPLE teams were lined up to sign him to that and give up assets in a S&T for him. In the end, none of it was true.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

He wanted a max because he wants to be recognized as a max player. That's what he means by "m-a-x is m-a-x." It was not, primarily, about the money.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:48 pm
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

He wanted a max because he wants to be recognized as a max player. That's what he means by "m-a-x is m-a-x." It was not, primarily, about the money.
It’s possible, but he didn’t say that. You’re reading into it. Again, might be right, but that’s not what he said.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Something for Fun:

Got re-engaged to my ex today, so in celebration, bets on. If we trade for a backup PG, name who (before the trade deadline.) If you are right, a $200 donation to a legit charity of your choice will be made to the first person that names the player. Must post in thread and message with your choice. Whoever is in my messages with a 'correct' name first gets that slot. (Note...your bank account is NOT a legit charity, :D.) Backup PG means they get the bench starting job over Payne. In event of any kind of dispute, it'll be put up the board to settle any grey areas.

VT

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

:?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

What if we think it’s a FA signing? I’m going Kemba

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

FA signing acceptable...whomever get's the starting job...call it out.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Alright I think Kemba Walker will have it at some point

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't care about money at all. Also, M to the A to the X, beeeeeetches!!!! Don't care though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:31 pm
Something for Fun:

Got re-engaged to my ex today, so in celebration, bets on. If we trade for a backup PG, name who (before the trade deadline.) If you are right, a $200 donation to a legit charity of your choice will be made to the first person that names the player. Must post in thread and message with your choice. Whoever is in my messages with a 'correct' name first gets that slot. (Note...your bank account is NOT a legit charity, :D.) Backup PG means they get the bench starting job over Payne. In event of any kind of dispute, it'll be put up the board to settle any grey areas.

VT
Congrats VT.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Congratulations, VT!!

pickle

Post by pickle »

Congrats VT

pickle

Post by pickle »

On the Ayton thing, I kind of understood it like Jeremy did, that Ayton is saying / telling himself that he came out of this with what he wanted, and he wants to move on. I don’t really care tho ultimately if he wanted even more money or if he’s truly happy now. As long as he can put this and the game 7 snafu behind him and play hard without pouting, I really couldn’t care less whether he really wanted that 5 year with max kicker.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He does bring size and defense, but he’s pretty blah…hasn’t shot well the last few years and is only a career 32% shooter from 3. I wouldn’t hate a non-guaranteed deal, but I’d prefer Melo.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:56 pm

He does bring size and defense, but he’s pretty blah…hasn’t shot well the last few years and is only a career 32% shooter from 3. I wouldn’t hate a non-guaranteed deal, but I’d prefer Melo.
The last thing this team needs is another dude who can't score lol.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I mean we’re talking non-guaranteed deals here…you take what you can get. Also Melo can score…

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Man, we’re going to have a lot of questions going into the season. I hope everything is OK with Dario.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."