Preseason Game Day: Suns @ Lakers, Wed 10/5/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Preseason Game Day: Suns @ Lakers, Wed 10/5/22

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The energies of both benches couldn't be any different.

A lot of people shit on Crowder and McGee, but they were easily the two most vocal guys on the team and I'm not seeing anyone fill that void so far.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well I kept watching to see more Landale lol ☺️

And this lineup - Shamet/ TLC / Lee/ Ish / Landale has had the best ball movement all night in this 4min stretch to end the 3rd

Good shooting night for Landry
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:52 pm
Landry Shamet breakout game?
Think of how good he could be if he could hold onto the ball. Kidding, of course, but it seems like he's mishandled it on every catch.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:53 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:52 pm
Landry Shamet breakout game?
Think of how good he could be if he could hold onto the ball. Kidding, of course, but it seems like he's mishandled it on every catch.
Yeah still looks hesitant on the drive so that combo guard thing....
Not really seeing it but if he just sticks to being a consistent spot up shooter and catching off movement that would still be of value

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I’m thinking I’d rather see Ish get minutes over Torrey. And to be clear I’d prefer they both got 0 and we got an NBA caliber bench. This bench is BAD. I know they’ve caught up against the Lakers bums but we are going to get roasted once the games matter

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Good on that group

As Lakers broadcast said only Reaves has the ability to really create off the dribble, maybe young Pippen but only Reaves and Thomas Bryant have played regular season rotation minutes

So they been basically struggling to score
Landale ran out of gas 😃 but very good showing

Gonna watch a lil of Washington Jr and call it a night

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:53 pm
Well I kept watching to see more Landale lol ☺️

And this lineup - Shamet/ TLC / Lee/ Ish / Landale has had the best ball movement all night in this 4min stretch to end the 3rd

Good shooting night for Landry
There's a different energy to this 2nd unit than the past few teams. Feels scrappier, with more defensive effort and disruption. Okogie should only add to it but the offense may be rough. Lee can do some things off the dribble and get into the lane, but he's kind of a junk scorer like Torrey. Same goes for Okogie. I like PointLandry and he typically plays better with more minutes. If he can take on that kind of scoring point role with the 2nd unit we can maybe get away with Lee, Okogie and TC. We still need more size and athleticism at the 4spot tho. LeBron could've had 60 tonight if he wanted.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I could care less about who wins a preseason game - except of course when it comes to beating the Lakers.

That always feels good.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

The streak continues.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Dario looked good in his limited time

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Whew that was rough. Always good to beat the Lakers though. Even more now that they have Pat Beverly. Fuck that guy. Seriously.

This team feels stale. Dennis Scott mentioned at half time they look disconnected. They don't really have anything they hang their hat on right now. I know it's preseason but they don't look like they have another gear for the regular season.

All teams have to do is play physical with Ayton. He's never figured out how to match anyone's energy. Looked really timid as someone said.

The injuries to the Cams really hurts. Not much depth. Paging James Jones.

Jock reminds me of former Suns Jake Voskuhl. Not alot of talent, plays hard, always in the right place. Can knock down a shot. Will have to figure out how to get mins for him.

Craig looked better as a starter but there's no way to really start him. He has looked awful off the bench.

Landry came on in the second half. He will always be an enigma to me.

Duane Washington I don't think made a shot. If hes a microwave then that microwave is stuck on defrost. To be fair I wasn't a fan of him in college or on the Pacers. He was always a volume shooter as opposed to a volume scorer to me. Maybe he gets better.

I'm officially getting nervous about this team. That was a lottery team in the West out there tonight. Lots of work to do.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:17 pm
I'm officially getting nervous about this team. That was a lottery team in the West out there tonight. Lots of work to do.
Not a bad year to be one. ;)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I watched the whole game but had to wait until late tonight to do so because of the kids. Fun to watch a Suns game against a real NBA opponent. The Lakers look like they have a chip on their shoulder and want to prove they're better than last year. Lebron was scorching in the first half. I almost just shut the game off at halftime because I was upset with the team effort and overall performance. It just looked like a lackadaisical team with no real flow or momentum at all. Book and CP3 weren't really getting us into any easy offense. Ayton looked completely lost and sucked. The bench wasn't doing much. The Lakers had a ton of energy, were hustling, getting loose balls, using size and strength. It looked like we were sleepwalking out there.

The second half was better. MY MAIN MAN Landry Shamet had a really nice game. There's something about him where if he looks at our bench and sees that all the other bench guards are out, he suddenly heats up. It's like he can't play well unless he gets 25+ minutes and a lot of touches and looks. He needs to know he isn't going to get pulled out of the game right away, or something, to be comfortable.

We found some good rhythm with some of our bench guys. Landale is really fun to watch, great energy and just kind of "gets it." I thought Torrey Craig had a nice game overall, too. Not gaudy stats (6 points, 7 rebounds) but he looked good with the starting unit in the 2nd half. And Lee also had a nice game and seemed active. I have to admit, I had no idea who Luwawu-Cabbarot was. Never heard of that dude before.

Kind of concerning that we didn't really get much from Bridges (4 points, 4 rebounds) who I have been hoping to see "make the leap" soon, nor from Ayton (7 points, 8 rebounds), Mr. Max Contract Who Is Serious and Angry Now. And as was said in another post, you really feel a leadership and toughness vacuum with Crowder and McGee gone.

I fucking hate Patrick Beverley so much. His annoying "defense" on Paul and Book and others made me want to throw something at the TV. Smacking and bumping guys over and over, trying to draw fouls, pushing guys right on the midcourt line to try to get a backcourt violation. What a MFer. Why did he have to join the Lakers?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I think the "Ayton disappeared" narrative is being overblown. He put up the second most shots on the team--he just wasn't hitting them (and neither were Bridges or Booker). He was on pace for about 18 FGA per 36, along with 12 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1.5 blocks. I don't know how much more "active" you all expect him to be.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:18 am
I think the "Ayton disappeared" narrative is being overblown. He put up the second most shots on the team--he just wasn't hitting them (and neither were Bridges or Booker). He was on pace for about 18 FGA per 36, along with 12 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1.5 blocks. I don't know how much more "active" you all expect him to be.
Proportionally more active than his backup versus a $ comparison.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Ayton can take as many shots as he wants this season so long as he has some new consistent offensive moves and we are at least a 5th seed or better.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Thats a great pace, but what exactly did he put up? LOL, gimme a break.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:26 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Thats a great pace, but what exactly did he put up? LOL, gimme a break.
He put up 12 FGA, 8 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block in a little over 24 minutes.